Does trading down affect Surtain??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does trading down affect Surtain???

wpgfishfan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If we trade down twice (TB and MINN) and we get 2 second rounders does this mean Surtain's price goes dwon since Saban has 2 seconds or does he hold out strong and get us a third second round pick

I hope Saban has GREAT time mgmt. skills b/c he has lots on his plate

He waits til after the draft than trades surtain for a 2006 2nd and 2006 5th round pick from the chiefs...!

It would be nice going into next years drafts with extra picks.

Not sure if a 2 and a 5 cut it. Is that not like a 3 and a 6 this year??

actually not really cause it'll be after the draft....trust me next years draft is better anyway 2 2nds next year will help if were a bad team

I still don't like it. Since it is for next year can't we make it a conditional pick and if he makes the Pro Bowl or gets 9 interceptions it becomes a first

Does Wanny only make these deals???

wpgfishfan said:
I still don't like it. Since it is for next year can't we make it a conditional pick and if he makes the Pro Bowl or gets 9 interceptions it becomes a first

Does Wanny only make these deals???

we could try but I believe that KC wouldn't make it a 1st for anything other than language in the trade like "if we win the SB". IF it's conditional at all I believe it's a 3rd and 5th with the 3rd moving to a second based on some type of stat.

Just an update from what Carl(I don't know why Chief fans call him the King when he seems to keep screwing things up for them) said today. He said that if a deal was to be struck with Surtain, that it would have to happen BEFORE the draft starts on Saturday.

I guess it depends on who the Chiefs think they can get in the draft. A young CB for less then Surtain? Is there anyone out there that they can get their hands on, or will it come down to Surtain?

testtubetimmy said:
I guess it depends on who the Chiefs think they can get in the draft. A young CB for less then Surtain? Is there anyone out there that they can get their hands on, or will it come down to Surtain?

if they're lucky they get Justin Miller from Clemson...who I like....but I don't believe Peterson feels ANY CB in this draft, that he can get, will have an immediate impact that Surtain will. He's just playing it cheap, which if I was him I'd also do. I just don't like it.:( Surtain IS worth a 2nd. With guys like Owens, although that's an odd case, goin for a 2nd last year, that's what I think we should get. My reasoning....Surtain is a guy who can cover Owens as well as anybody in the league. That doesn't mean I think Surtain shuts him down every single play but he shuts him down more than or as much as any other corner playing the game. Perhaps it's strange reasoning...but it's mine.:)

I think trading down will strenghten our position with Surtain. Saban would have more picks to fill holes and KC will not have as strong a bargaining position. They know they will suck this year if they do nothing more for their defense. Getting a CB in the second round will not really affect their defense that much and they need to make the push this year.

I dont think they take Miller at 15. Carlos Rogers from Clemson yes. However trading Surtain wouldnt be so bad. I would like that 2nd this year. However 2nd and 5th next would be good to.

motioncityhifi said:
I dont think they take Miller at 15. Carlos Rogers from Clemson yes. However trading Surtain wouldnt be so bad. I would like that 2nd this year. However 2nd and 5th next would be good to.

You do mean from Auburn right? And he's rated as the #1 CB by most draft experts now. They stand a chance at Rolle, but someone could trade up now that Miller had his arrest. Miller is going to drop a bit. It helps us in our bargaining.

motioncityhifi said:

I think there's a possiblility that Rogers goes in the top ten, if not then he won't make it to KC. BTW, Rogers is from Auburn and Miller is from Clemson:) I know that's a bit smart azz...

Jaj said:
You do mean from Auburn right? And he's rated as the #1 CB by most draft experts now. They stand a chance at Rolle, but someone could trade up now that Miller had his arrest. Miller is going to drop a bit. It helps us in our bargaining.

I don't think Rogers goes ahead of Rolle. My ranking now is Rolle, Rogers, Pacman (no hyphen:) ) then Miller. The "arrest" was only for noise disterbance. I don't think it'll have a huge impact on his statis. I still think he'll be in the top 20.

Nublar7 said:
Just an update from what Carl(I don't know why Chief fans call him the King when he seems to keep screwing things up for them) said today. He said that if a deal was to be struck with Surtain, that it would have to happen BEFORE the draft starts on Saturday.

I hope he likes Ty Law in that case because he's not going to get one of the top 3 CBs in the draft.

I like the idea of keeping Pat more and more. The cap will take care of itself.

Back
Top Bottom