Does Vegas View Our First Round Pick Pretty Favorably? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Vegas View Our First Round Pick Pretty Favorably?

Have to remember odds to win rookie of the year and odds of being a good/effective player are not the same thing. For example, a rookie could record 12 sacks and still lose out to someone that has a better season. That doesn't mean he didn't have a good rookie year. Just like you can have a player who is the 4th or 6th favorite to win the Dolphins' fastest player race, that doesn't mean people thinks he's slow.

Last edited:
Also, I don't think Chop is thought of as a finished product, but still with a very high ceiling, so he could be anywhere close to possibly a year away from reaching full potential or ready to explode this year.

Obviously you know more about this then me, but that is what I have read about him.

One thing to note, Chop was the only Edge in the class with a Top 10 PFF grade in '22 and '23, so I think people say he's raw because of low Sack totals and because he's athletic.

Chop is an enigma at this point.

Vegas doesn't know his impact anymore than we do at this point.

His athleticism makes double digit sacks a possibility and on the other hand, if this athleticism can't make up for his small staure he could struggle.

EXACTLY, if he can learn to use his hands ALOT better and prove he is bendy like Cam Wake was coming off the corner.....maybe we have something. If he keeps driving into NFL OTs like he did in college, I suspect he will not be effective.

Can Chop have a Micah Parsons type impact and win the DROY? For Miami's sake, let's hope he comes in and exceeds expectations. It all depends on getting him in position to make the impact needed and refine his skills to Quickly develop beyond where he is, currently. The new defensive system will likely answer a lot of questions. A lot of pressure on this young man in lue of the injury situation.

Take that bet on DROY, should be easy money. Chop will be a star in the nfl, teams won’t be able to scheme for him like they did in college.

Back
Top Bottom