Doesn't Matter Who You Are or Where You're From... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Doesn't Matter Who You Are or Where You're From...

Cranx

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
...You absolutely HAVE to give the national championship to the Trojans. When you have a team that can go into a huge game and utterly dominate the #4 team in the country both offensively and defensively AND both of the polls that really matter have USC at #1 in the country, then you simply cannot deny them their rightful place, alone, at the top.

Hopefully the coaches will all vote their consciences and keep USC at #1 in their votes even though their contract says they're supposed to give the #1 spot to the BS Bowl Champion.

I know that's simply not going to happen and that USC will get screwed- for about the 5th time this year- and will have to split the national championship with one of the two undeserving teams in New Orleans but it's pretty obvious to anyone without a bias towards any of the three teams involved that USC is #1 and should be crowned as such.

BTW, how about those 9 sacks on John Navarre in one game when the guy had only been sacked 15 times coming into the game. Pretty sweet!

the winner of Lsu and Okla st will deserve it as much as USC. A case could have been made for any of the three teams.

Don't get me wrong. USC is a damn good team. It's just a damn shame they can't play the winner between LSU and Okla st to settle who is the best.

I'm glad it's going to be a split national champion. To the BCS that is anarachy. And it shows the BCS the fraud that it is...

Last edited by a moderator:
if USC was so deserving they should have been undefeated. there should be no split national championship. although i think there should be a playoff system, there should be no split national championship. lsu and oklahoma are just as if not more deserving.

Originally posted by Ross
the winner of Lsu and Okla st will deserve it as much as USC. A case could have been made for any of the three teams.

Don't get me wrong. USC is a damn good team. It's just a damn shame they can't play the winner between LSU and Okla st to settle who is the best.

I'm glad it's going to be a split national champion. To the BCS that is anarachy. And it shows the BCS the fraud that it is...

I agree that there should be some sort of playoff to determine the TRUE national champion however, lacking that, computers should not decide the national champion, the polls should and the polls clearly have USC #1.

LSU and OU are both good programs who deserved a shot at USC but you simply cannot deny that USC is, and has been, playing the best football in the country now and for the past couple of months therefore, this should be their year.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
if USC was so deserving they should have been undefeated. there should be no split national championship. although i think there should be a playoff system, there should be no split national championship. lsu and oklahoma are just as if not more deserving.

Arguing that LSU or OU are more deserving would be stupid considering both of them eeked out a couple of their wins and both lost one game- the same as USC- this year. In LSU's case, they played well but they're a lopsided team that has virtually all of its power on defense and the offense is simply along for the ride. LSU is also a team that came very close to losing Mississippi just a couple of weeks ago therefore, they have not been playing the best football in the country.

OU on the other hand played exceptionally well most of the year and was relatively well balanced however, they were completely trounced by K State in their conference championship which means they are not even the champions of their own conference this year and, if by virtue of nothing else but that, should not be national champs.

USC has averaged 42 points per game, had an offense that was unstoppable, had what is/was probably the best defensive front in all of college football, and they've been on fire since their one gaffe very early in the season completely blowing out every single one of their opponents including Michigan today. Also, their one loss came in triple overtime and was the result of a missed kick.

USC isn't more deserving than the winner of LSU/OU to be national champions. A playoff system is necessary because thre BCS is a joke. 3 teams deserved to play for the national championship and only two were given that chance. The best thing to do this season would be to have a split, because the winner of LSU/OU will have earned a share of the title.

But if LSU goes out and beats OU 50-0, you got som esplaining tu du.

USC played awesome today. And I took crap from people for saying THEY should be facing LSU.

But still, I'll decide on the championship after the Sugar Bowl. :)

The best way to put an end to the BCS BS and get a playoff system in place is to not attend or watch the Bowl games. By attending or watching Bowl games, you indirectly support the BCS whether you like it or not. When TV ratings are worse than a late night infomercial and stadiums for Bowl games are half empty I guarantee you'll see a playoff and end to the BCS nightmare before the next college football season.

Well given that you are from California, I gotta think you're a big USC fan. OU and LSU fans will feel just as screwed when they don't get the AP #1 vote. I don't know who should get it, obviously they'd have to play each other to decide, but here's the deal with a playoff. Say you have a 4 team playoff and you have one team undefeated, two with one loss and four with two losses. Then there's a big arguement over who gets the #4 spot in the playoff and so forth. There will never be a complete solution. Personally, I don't think any fans should whine and complain. If you win all your games, you're the national champion so stop crying and win all the games and then there will be no disputing. OU got killed by my KSU boys, USC lost a close game yes, but it was to a very crappy California team. I know they're playing better but KSU played them to and kicked the living crap out of them. LSU lost to a Florida team that is good, but not top 10 good. So there shouldn't be arguing, there should just be people realizing that had they won their football games, they would be national champs.

The polls should not decide the national champion either. Not by writers and coaches who don't watch all the teams play. No one has that kind of time. Instead they depend on what others' write or report on such-n-such team. That's not better.

About the opinion that the best way to destroy the bowl system is to completely ignore them. While it may be the best way, that has to be the longest shot at happening. The best way that will work is for split national championships.

The BCS was created to wipeout the split nation championship and it has failed this year. In a year or two the BCS time is up, and it will have to be re voted on. Chances of it being tossed out just got awhole lot better. chances are good now that it will at least be re-vamped. And maybe a format of 2 games to decide the national champion...

PS: The National Championship is a myth. No more tangable than a dream. Championships are by won by taking on better and better competion until the final game is at hand and only 2 teams are left standing. Not like in college football where teams are given it based on opinions that are based on opinions of others...

I agree with several of your points and, in answer to Breck's comment, I am a USC fan but not necessarily a "huge" USC fan; I simply am a fan of the PAC 10 so whoever is at the top of that conference is who I cheer for. The sad truth is I actually half-hoped that things would turn out exactly like this so that the BS system would utterly collapse and be exposed for the fraud that it is. Unfortunately though, we're stuck with it, it's not going to change much and, because of the ungodly amounts of money that change hands as a result of the BS system, there is very little likelihood of the system ever changing in any meaningful way since the suggestion of simply ignoring the whole process just isn't feasible.

One thing I would love to see this year is a game between the winner of Sunday's game and USC. While I consider USC the best team in the country right now and honestly believe they would dismantle either one of the teams playing in New Orleans, it would still be a lot of fun to watch a couple of powerhouses go at it for a real national title game...one can only dream. :cry:

The BCS championship means nothing we have the National Champs already. If LSU blows out Choklahoma then there should be co-champs, if not then USC is undisputed champs.

Originally posted by SMadison29
The BCS championship means nothing we have the National Champs already. If LSU blows out Choklahoma then there should be co-champs, if not then USC is undisputed champs.

Obviously, I agree. :)

I realize that you think USC is the best team in the country right now, understood. I think that my K-State Wildcats could beat ANYBODY in college football right now (well at least until Ell Roberson got charged with sexual assault, then we may have a problem, but you get the point) but injuries early on caused us to drop 3 straight and now we just have to be the party ruiners. Let's hope we reign on OSU's party tonight although they can't have too much of a party since they didn't win the Big 10 and aren't playing for a National Title, but oh well. K-State has utterly destroyed any and all of its competition in the last 7 games of the season, dominating Nebraska and Oklahoma in all aspects of the game and not allowing any second tier team like Missouri or Colorado to even come close.

Back
Top Bottom