Dol-Fan Dupree's Complete Waste Of Time 2021 Manifesto | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dol-Fan Dupree's Complete Waste Of Time 2021 Manifesto

Fantastic. Much appreciated. I remember this annual thread from my early years on the site. I won't nitpick anything nor will I count the number of Keeps. That means I'm either getting old or lazy. I guarantee 15 years ago it would have been the first thing I did, just like the time I "caught" Greg Cote in his season win projection column assigning 5 more wins to the league than mathematically possible.

So many of those names are just names to me. That's the numbing aspect. No visual reference point whatsoever. I guess I'll wait until preseason and see if I can remember players and find the associated numbers. I can still rattle off the glory year Dolphins and provide a scouting report on everyone. Likewise virtually every player from so many Canes rosters during their heyday. Nowadays I could do that for stuff like Olympic swimming and track and field rosters but not football. Weird how interests evolve over time. This week has been all about Ariarne Titmus and Kaylee McKeown and Torri Huske and Claire Curzan.

Bookmarked

Didn't you start calling these things a Manifesto in order to make fun of Sporticus?

I did.

It isn't even a manifesto. It is just a guess on who makes the team with snarky remarks.

He was so pompus about his stupid manifesto and I was a young snarky jerk that I wanted to take him down a peg.

Then I continued to do it because it is fun.

Fantastic. Much appreciated. I remember this annual thread from my early years on the site. I won't nitpick anything nor will I count the number of Keeps. That means I'm either getting old or lazy. I guarantee 15 years ago it would have been the first thing I did, just like the time I "caught" Greg Cote in his season win projection column assigning 5 more wins to the league than mathematically possible.

So many of those names are just names to me. That's the numbing aspect. No visual reference point whatsoever. I guess I'll wait until preseason and see if I can remember players and find the associated numbers. I can still rattle off the glory year Dolphins and provide a scouting report on everyone. Likewise virtually every player from so many Canes rosters during their heyday. Nowadays I could do that for stuff like Olympic swimming and track and field rosters but not football. Weird how interests evolve over time. This week has been all about Ariarne Titmus and Kaylee McKeown and Torri Huske and Claire Curzan.

Bookmarked

I remember when I was young I knew every player on every team including the rookie free agents. Now when I make this I have to look a lot of players up. Some were even on the team last year and I didn't know who they were.

Albert Wilson – He is Omar’s darling in the OTAs this season. That doesn’t help his case. Before he got hurt he looked like he was going to be a really good wide receiver. He is great speed and quickness. I don’t know if he plays special teams. That would help his case if he did. His cap number is kind of high. This one is harder than the quadratic equation. – CUT

BLASPHEMY

Damn Dupree...! Great post, read through it all bit by bit earlier, and I pretty much agree with all of your player assessments. Give or take a detail here for there.

I'd personally keep Albert Wilson, I dont think he's that expensive for what he gives us. Malcolm Perry would go to the practice squad (ps). I would also put Foster on there if he's eligble, and Merritt too. I like those last two guys potential - RF and KM, not as high on Perry, but hes got some wiggle. My wr's would be - Parker, Fuller, Waddle, Wilson, Williams, and Bowden. Foster and Merritt next up from ps. Give Mack Hollins a call as a street fa if there is an injury, like you said - he's got for what he does - but not necesarilly a receiver.. Foster could do some returning (if ever activated in this scenario) to replace Grant who I think we should cut as well.. Bowden could handle punt returns

RBs - agree a lot, Gaskin, Ahmed, Brown are locks or close to it, does Doaks make it? I think Laird's time is over

Agreed on the TE room, they all have value. I think Shaheen would be my first out, but just extended him so who knows. I'd like to hear Smythe say his own name :lol:

Cethan Carter defintely here mainly for special teams (st), but could do some H back stuff.

I dont know much about Tucker, but gotta love a good blocker, how is he athletically? seems tough to keep him and Carter, but could be a dude we bring on and off the team depending on the gameplan that week

Robert Jones seems like a dude that we like, giving him a big signing bonus.. but we drafted Coleman, so who do we like more? Both seem like guys who COULD stick at the end of the roster but need to develop more, so the ps might be a better spot for them. I see the OL like this:
top 5- AJ, SK, MS, RH, LE
6th man, top back up - JD
back up center, interior OL - Michael Deiter
veteran depth at guard tackle - DJ Fluker

so thats 8, I feel like thats a solid number to start with, probably keep 1 more, but who the vet we just signed, Eluemunor, could be similar to fluker, but maybe not as good? hard for the late rounder / udfa guys to make the cut, but who knows....

Hard to say on the DL, idk if Render makes it, but he's a physical freak from what a remember. Could try to stash him again. Sieler is a solid find. Strowbridge is meh to me, but better than Ledbetter. Of the non starters, Sieler is absolutely the best.

The dorito part of your post :lol:

Elandon roberts could be stashed on the pup to save a roster spot - that could be a good move. I think the top group of guys is pretty good, AVG, Baker, and McKinney, Phillips - lb or de, who knows, edge player, makes the group better too. But the depth guys / st guys are probably Riley and Scarlett, after that it gets VERY rough. Roberts at least knows the system, but man, he does not have instincts lol ... shoot the gap. hope guy is there. hit hard. his mo

Agree on Fejedelem, dont care about his ST value - other cheaper / equal value (carter?) players can take his role. We have more quality db's that can see the field instead of him. He was very bad on the field when forced in when McCain was out

I think thats it for now. Kind of discussing the rear end of the roster players a lot but hey its fun too!

Clint Eastwood Yes GIF

Nice Post! I enjoyed it as well. Not sure Preston Williams deserves a spot on this roster, he is made of glass unfortunately.

Healthy Preston = Beast
Injured Preston = Give me Bowden all day long everyday!

Thanks for taking the time to post!

Back
Top Bottom