Dolphin fan moving to the UK | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin fan moving to the UK

s70pimp

Rookie
Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my first post on the site and I'm moving to London for a job opportunity.

Anyone know where I an watch the Fins play?

I think I will go crazy watching soccer all day.

rob

s70pimp said:
Hello all,

This is my first post on the site and I'm moving to London for a job opportunity.

rob

hey bother, welcome (when you get there) to the UK, now you can watch a total of 4 games per week in regular season, 3 games on sunday (1st game at 6:00pm, 2nd game straight after that one around 9:30pm and the late sunday night game dosnt start till about 1:30 over here i'm afraid so use a VCR or Sky plus, same with the monday night game, not on untill 2:00am on tuesday morning) the first 2 games are on channel SKY SPORTS EXTRA - you need to get Sky (like cable in america) and subscribe to the sports channels, but most peopel get the complete sky package (around 700 channels for £60 a month) the late night games on monday and sunday night are onj channel 5 which is one of the five channes you get with every TV and ariel. the games which they show on sunday are directors choice and they often choose the good teams often (so expect to see pittsburgh at least 5 times this year). i can tell you now that if youi dont like soccer (like me) your gonna get very sick of it when you come over here.

but there is a way how you can watch every fins game on DVD, there is a company called pontell that records every game on DVD of your favourite team, you pay the arounf £140 at the start of the season then they will send you your teams games from preseason to week 17 and the playoffs (when we make it :wink: ) and when your team is on a bye wek, they will send you antoher teams game of your choice, but you wont get the DVD until the friday of that week. there is a highlioght show on momday of all the NFL games on channel five right before the monday night game (highlites start at 1:00am) but there is also additional highlights on sky sports on friday around 5pm. hope that helps and enjoy your time here in England - we've got great weather at the moment! :df81:

dolfan stan said:
you will be real close to NFL Europe though.. :confused:

if I can be of any help just email or PM me..

don't mind helping a fellow dolfan out..

http://imageshack.us/?x=my6&myref=http://www.imageshack.us/

http://imageshack.us/?x=my6&myref=http://imageshack.us/

he cant PM untill he has 50 posts,

and also they have stopped showing NFL europe for some reason over here, i dont think too many people liked it (i wasn't too keen on it myself). there is a British American Football Asociation (BAFL) where you can play from 18, you can go watch them for free wherever they play near you (there is a team called the London 'O's but i dont know what stadium or field they at.

s70pimp said:
Hello all,

rob

Welcome to England, Rob !!

We hope you enjoy our country, beer, women and tea. :D

In regards to watching games, Sky sports is the only way forward. NASN have review and preview shows but no actual games as of yet. Besides that, you have the internet of course and NFL europe is only a short flight away.

PS - Get yourself down to White Hart Lane for some top football action.

dol_fan_81 said:
hey bother, welcome (when you get there) to the UK, now you can watch a total of 4 games per week in regular season, 3 games on sunday (1st game at 6:00pm, 2nd game straight after that one around 9:30pm and the late sunday night game dosnt start till about 1:30 over here i'm afraid so use a VCR or Sky plus, same with the monday night game, not on untill 2:00am on tuesday morning) the first 2 games are on channel SKY SPORTS EXTRA - you need to get Sky (like cable in america) and subscribe to the sports channels, but most peopel get the complete sky package (around 700 channels for £60 a month) the late night games on monday and sunday night are onj channel 5 which is one of the five channes you get with every TV and ariel. the games which they show on sunday are directors choice and they often choose the good teams often (so expect to see pittsburgh at least 5 times this year). i can tell you now that if youi dont like soccer (like me) your gonna get very sick of it when you come over here.

but there is a way how you can watch every fins game on DVD, there is a company called pontell that records every game on DVD of your favourite team, you pay the arounf £140 at the start of the season then they will send you your teams games from preseason to week 17 and the playoffs (when we make it :wink: ) and when your team is on a bye wek, they will send you antoher teams game of your choice, but you wont get the DVD until the friday of that week. there is a highlioght show on momday of all the NFL games on channel five right before the monday night game (highlites start at 1:00am) but there is also additional highlights on sky sports on friday around 5pm. hope that helps and enjoy your time here in England - we've got great weather at the moment! :df81:

I was there in July once and it was still chilly to my Florida sissy self. I had a blast, you guys are wonderful hosts and took care of us Yank Submariners just fine. Cheers!

Hi from over here in Germany,
I think they stopped showing NFLE in England because the Scottish Claymores are removed to Hamburg Germany (what nobody liked over here in Germany). They start doing a german thing out of that. To bad. The germans liked the international way.
I orderd for the first time NASN over here in Germany to see so much football as possible. I been told NASN is sending fom England.
Also welcome to our nice "summer" :boohoo: over here!

I forgot !!
If you have satelit you can get on TW1 (austrian TV) games for free. That´s the way at least it was last year !

Gaby Krollmann said:
Hi from over here in Germany,
I think they stopped showing NFLE in England because the Scottish Claymores are removed to Hamburg Germany (what nobody liked over here in Germany). They start doing a german thing out of that. To bad. The germans liked the international way.
I orderd for the first time NASN over here in Germany to see so much football as possible. I been told NASN is sending fom England.
Also welcome to our nice "summer" :boohoo: over here!

welcome fellow european! i found out that NSN does the NFLE games over here now. beware of them. i subscribed to NASN and quit it within a year because i was so appaled at what their aired... nothin but pure ****!

ups, that is pretty sh.....
I just orderd NSAN and have to pay € 19,90 a month:boohoo:

Gaby Krollmann said:
ups, that is pretty sh.....
I just orderd NSAN and have to pay € 19,90 a month:boohoo:

just pray that another comnpany has all the MLB, NBA NHL and college football games or you'll be stck with lacrosse and pee wee baseball. not to mention AFL :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom