Dolphins 0-43 Patriots - #hottakes thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins 0-43 Patriots - #hottakes thread

I'm not surprised by this at all. Miami is fielding a semi pro team at the pro level. With the exception of Godchaux; not one player along the defensive line or linebacker group belongs in the NFL, at least as a starter. The Offensive Line plays like they are a group just trying to hold back a dam that's about to break. Non of them are starter worthy either. This is what a rebuild looks like. And the scary thing about this, is it may get worse before getting any better. This looks like at minimum a 3-5 years rebuild. And that's if they make the right draft choices?

I don't mind the tank for first pick. Anyone that thinks Flores and Grier is the future to lead team are fools.
Every game that goes by I feel they’re closer to tanking for another FO instead of them actually getting to use the picks and money.

Whatever judgments are going to be made have to be deferred to
the back end of the schedule. Obviously we're in a serious competitive
bind and the front end of the schedule is wicked...

Whatever... It's critical we start 0-4 before we even think about wins.
I think we'll be able to see some incremental positive signs emerging
around week 8 and maybe play 500 ball the last few games...

Wind up with 2-3 wins and huge amounts of positive mojo going forward.
When the draft comes around and we totally dominate no one will remember
the s h i t burger we're chewing on now...

Either that -- or watch girls beach vball!

:)
Not the schedule...I am expecting the football version of Willie Mayes Hayes to be here Monday
There is no one going to come to this cluster FK next year under these morons
They are going to have NOTHING when this season is over
We have turned into the Browns...you be proud of that and continue tho justify this **** show

We're only in this position because we've been unable to draft well the last 10 years or so

Who's in charge of the rebuild again?

Also if Lamar Jackson goes for 4,000+ passing and 1000+ rushing this year Chris Grier doesn't have a job anymore right?

Not the schedule...I am expecting the football version of Willie Mayes Hayes to be here Monday
We have turned into the Browns...you be proud of that and continue tho justify this **** show
A lot of players signed with the Browns knowing what may be coming.

Stop being dramatic.

Players yes. Flores no. He knew what was up when he took the job.
true, but I do think of Dick Lebeau. now Flores might not be Dick Lebeau, but I do believe Lebeau could
have been a great HC. HC openings are not usually plum positions

As opposed to the dramatic success and non-stop accolades this team has acquired over the last 20 years. Yeah, they’re suckers for throwing away those constant non-winning seasons and occasional (very occasional) trips to the playoffs in the role of jobber to the stars who gets torn apart in round 1 to the likes of Baltimore and Pittsburgh. Whatever will we do without those 6-10/8-8/9-7 seasons to reminisce about? Miami Dolphins 2004-2018: “The Glory Years.”

This is the most obvious tank job I've seen in the NFL. It's embarrassing to be a Dolphins fan right now I just hope we can hit on draft picks and turn it around otherwise we could be very bad for a few years. What happens if Tua doesn't come out? Do we tank again in 2020? Also, I feel bad for the season ticket holders and anybody who has spent money travelling to watch the Dolphins.

To make it clear I'm all for rebuilding but I don't like the way we're going about. I've got next to no trust in Chris Grier and the brain trust. I would feel a lot better if we had a good GM overseeing this.

Yeah yeah.

After the draft your words mean ZERO IMO.

I'll let you in on a secret -- I think many of us know precisely what's going on.

Its it UGLY? Yeah. But radical surgery ain't pretty.

"Just get the mass out!"

The roster we had was shaped by the schizophrenic impulses of a-holes like TBum and Gase.

We're only in this position because we've been unable to draft well the last 10 years or so

Who's in charge of the rebuild again?

Also if Lamar Jackson goes for 4,000+ passing and 1000+ rushing this year Chris Grier doesn't have a job anymore right?

RE the FO and Grier etc.

Some of you dudes keep posting the SOS and never acknowledge the significant structural changes Mister Grier implemented right out of the gate. Specifically the addition of Marvelous Marvin Allen and Reggie McKenzie. And by the way -- those boots on the ground are out there right now doing down and dirty investigative work, per THE PLAN Mister Grier presented to Ross -- and Ross totally (publicly) affirmed.

Just a brief refresher course -- what we were doing, as directed from the top down, was a PROVEN loser!

Beyond that we jettisoned OLD players and dudes you simply cannot incorporate as cornerstones like Thill and Kinko (whenever) his name. Totally insignificant players in the bigger WINNING gambit.

No more band aids. No more easy solutions. The roster we had was shaped by the schizophrenic impulses of a-holes like TBum and Gase. Yeah, Grier was in the org but no one really believes the TEAM was being constructed per his schematic. So perhaps and consider, back the fire bombs off and give the process an opportunity to demonstrate some longer term results...

Bottom line, just try to be remotely "fair minded" and accept the simple fact rebuilding this team post deconstruction is going to be done with hard work, sacrifice and (we have to hope) some good fortunes going our way.

Otherwise, IMO, it's just total nonsensical noise to keep doing these drive-by snipes etc.

Seriously. For what intent?

You do NOT own the team.

Last edited:
RE the FO and Grier etc.

Some of you dudes keep posting the SOS and never acknowledge the significant structural changes Mister Grier implemented right out of the gate. Specifically the addition of Marvelous Marvin Allen and Reggie McKenzie. And by the way -- those boots on the ground are out there right now doing down and dirty investigative work, per THE PLAN Mister Grier presented to Ross -- and Ross totally (publicly) affirmed.

Just a brief refresher course -- what we we're doing, as directed from the top down, was a PROVEN loser!

Beyond that we jettisoned OLD players and dudes you simply cannot incorporate as cornerstones like Thill and Kinko (whenever) his name. Totally insignificant players in the bigger WINNING gambit.

No more band aids. No more easy solutions. The roster we had was shaped by the schizophrenic impulses of a-holes like TBum and Gase. Yeah, Grier was in the org but no one really believes the TEAM was being constructed per his schematic. So perhaps and consider, back the fire bombs off and give the process an opportunity to demonstrate some longer term results...

Bottom line, just try to be remotely "fair minded" and accept the simple fact rebuilding this team post deconstruction is going to be done with hard work, sacrifice and (we have to hope) some good fortunes going our way.

Otherwise, IMO, it's just total nonsensical noise to keep doing these drive-by snipes etc.

Seriously. For what intent?

You do NOT own the team.

I don't need to own the team to have an opinion, that's nonsensical. Grier has been a wet fart since he's taken over as GM in 2016 with his drafting and acquisitions.

You're making the same argument people made for Jeff Ireland in 2013. The General Manager didn't make the bad picks, it was Sparano and Parcells. How did that work out?

You can put lipstick on a pig, but you're still kissing a pig and it's still Chris Grier making the decisions.

I don't have to sit quietly and let Chris Grier put this team into a pit of despair with his incompetence.

Humor me, how long does Mister Grier need to build a championship contender? How long does this need to bake for?

I don't need to own the team to have an opinion, that's nonsensical. Grier has been a wet fart since he's taken over as GM in 2016 with his drafting and acquisitions.

You're making the same argument people made for Jeff Ireland in 2013. The General Manager didn't make the bad picks, it was Sparano and Parcells. How did that work out?

You can put lipstick on a pig, but you're still kissing a pig and it's still Chris Grier making the decisions.

I don't have to sit quietly and let Chris Grier put this team into a pit of despair with his incompetence.

Humor me, how long does Mister Grier need to build a championship contender? How long does this need to bake for?

Yeah yeah. OK.

You lost ALL CRED IMO as soon as you tried to conflate Grier and Ireland.

And also, so you really know the history -- Grier took over FOOTBALL OPERATIONS post TBum/Gase firing.

So the line of history (in terms of accountability) starts there.

December 31st 2018 for the record.

As far as time -- you tell me?

You're the one calling for his firing after 2 games into a RATHER OBVIOUS process.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom