Dolphins 10-30 Chargers Instant Reaction thread | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins 10-30 Chargers Instant Reaction thread

Improvement! We scored a TD and held the opponents to only 30 points! Hey, most teams don't celebrating allowing 30 points, but from where this team started … trust me, it's worth celebrating.

I would argue that the chargers took their foot off the gas in the 4th quarter.

I would also argue that in 2007, there were games closer than they should have been because teams KNEW we weren’t a threat and were running the clock out from the opening whistle.

The chargers are the first team this year that gave me that same vibe once they got up by 2 scores. It is probably bc they are so banged up compared to our previous opponents.

The "real fans" on Finheaven were annoying that year, castigating people with their fandom morality lol
I mightve been one of those back then .... now though? Tired of mediocrity. It’s all that I’ve ever known with this team

I was happy with Prince in this game (although I missed parts of the 2nd half). If he can be our guy at RT, it accelerates the rebuild and it's one less thing to worry about. The O-line had some good moments honestly. When we upgrade these guys, we might have solid depth.

This is a great point, if Miami can find some players that progress enough to look good by the end of the season, that will be huge in the rebuilt of the O-line.

Though I do not expect free-agency to be an out of control spending spree as when T-Baum was in charge, Miami will get one premium linemen in FA, so it would be great if there were not as many O-Line position to worry about.

New England defense hasn't missed a beat since he left that should tell you something like I said all along Belichick was running that defense not Flores
So we hired an "offensive genius" in 2016 who was the offensive coordinator of the best offense in history. 3 years later we still have one of the worst offenses in the league.
In 2019 we hire a "defensive genius" whose defense held an offensive powerhouse to 3 points in the Super Bowl. 4 games later we allow 40 points per game and are on pace to be the worst team in the history the sport. Wow.

Real fans will gladly lose for one season if it means more winning for many years after that. You can say that's not being a fan, but I call it smart.

Go cheer for your 6-10 seasons.
Does it really mean more winning? What's the average win percentage of teams 5 years after a 2-14 season or worse?

Does it really mean more winning? What's the average win percentage of teams 5 years after a 2-14 season or worse?
This is what gets me. It's as though when things happen to the Dolphin fan base, everybody forgets and instead default back to some stat or tweet they read somewhere instead. Why? I have no idea. Maybe they didn't actually watch the Dolphins back then, yet are still going to tell people what will or should happen anyway.

Here's a reminder: The 2007 Dolphins, who went 1-15 with their only win coming because of a cowardly Brian Billick call at the end of regulation, found a quarterback the following year and went 11-5 and won the division. The NFL is a league where teams go from last to first in their division literally all the time, so spare me the rhetoric that everything needs to be this big, long reclamation project. We have accelerated this process more than anyone EVER. This hasn't been done before, so stop trying to give me statistics for teams that aren't even remotely comparable to what we're doing.

We went from worst to first because of the wildcat. We had Ricky and Ronnie pulling every darn player into the box.

A year later when teams had the wildcat figured out, that QB couldn’t do anything.

It’s not like Pennington carries the team. He did enough to make the defenses stay somewhat honest while selling out to stop the run

Back
Top Bottom