Dolphins 1st in Penalties in the NFL | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins 1st in Penalties in the NFL

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
One of the most frustrating things for me is penalties when I watch football. It was among the biggest annoyances with Gase’s team.

It doesn’t make or break anything, but I love seeing that we are 1st in the NFL in penalties. Gotta give the coaches and players credit for the discipline.

Miami has 49 total penalties so far, best in the NFL.

Worst is Arizona with 84.

See link below for all teams and breakdowns
https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html?yr=2019&sort=numpen

This screams of Coach Flores walking the walk. He talks about stressing the no talent needed items - this is exhibit A showing he's backing it up.

Or at Tupac might have said..."We livin' our lyrics!!!"

...yeah, time for bed!

How does he survive after this season? You gotta be insane if your Jets management to ride with him for additional years.
Those fans are rabid and relentless and the media fuels it. I'll be shocked if he makes it through year 2. I think they give him a pass on this year unless he totally collapses (which he's close to getting there). He'll use the excuse he needs to get his own guys in there and that the team was built by the former, fired GM. Somehow I feel as though we've experienced this pattern at some point... :shrug:

I was just thinking that. Let's hope they don't read our post.
If they finish ahead of us can you see them drafting a Qb?
Lets say they're in position for Tua/Burrow?

That's the million dollar question. I could definitely see them giving up on Darnold.

It's a sucky situation because we actually have to root for the Jets to win some games ( just had to swallow back some throw-up).

I'm so torn because I'm one of the want to always win no matter what guys but it's slowly registering that if we keep winning we could easily see the top 3 QBs gone by the time we pick.

I forget who told me the other day that they don't believe in curses but what year going back have so many teams been this bad?

That's the million dollar question. I could definitely see them giving up on Darnold.

It's a sucky situation because we actually have to root for the Jets to win some games ( just had to swallow back some throw-up).

I'm so torn because I'm one of the want to always win no matter what guys but it's slowly registering that if we keep winning we could easily see the top 3 QBs gone by the time we pick.

I forget who told me the other day that they don't believe in curses but what year going back have so many teams been this bad?

I get it that Darnold hasn't been put in the best situation. But that kid has some problems that, imo, goes beyond that.
If you have a chance to get a Tua or Burrow how do you not?
Arizona has set the precendence. It's "okay" to give up on your young talent if a better prospect is available.

Is it just me that feels grabbing the best DE / Player in the draft, Chase Young, may be the better move? Seeing the impact that a stellar DLine can produce (49ers) to make up for the lack of solid QB play makes me believe that we shouldn't jump the gun on a potential top QB until we have other pieces in place. I mean, the Jets and Browns are possibly a good example of top QB picks that are being brought down by other important segments of their team.

Back
Top Bottom