Dolphins 2007 Draft Picks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins 2007 Draft Picks

at 9 i want to draft someone explosive on offense, not sure who, but someone explosive. 2nd round id love to get a LB that falls from the first. round 3 id draft another wr. fourth id draft an olineman, sixth round id draft a safety, and a DT seventh round. Im not sure who i would pick but that is what I would like to see.

I really think we should evaluate our Tight End and WR positions.

Not many options though, as Calvin Johnson will likely be a Top 3 lock. Steve Smith IMO is not worth an early 2nd round pick, but Jeff Samardzija might be worth it if he falls. Ted Ginn Jr might be a mid 1st rounder, I don't want to reach for him and get him too early. If he falls to #39, he can be good for us. There's a lot of knock on Dwayne Jarrett, at this point he may fall down on the bottom of the 1st round draft to early 2nd.

The only tight end worth mentioning is Zach Miller, and he likely will be a late 2nd round project.

You can get some really good talented players with the 9th and 39th picks, with the 39th pick I would like us to look at a quarterback. If Troy Smith is still there, I wouldn't want to pass on him.

I just hope we don't reach for someone. I would like to get full value with our picks, well I'm sure everyone wants that too.

The only tight end worth mentioning is Zach Miller, and he likely will be a late 2nd round project.

Not true. Newton from Oregon State, Spaeth from Minny, Milner from Georgia, Harris from Rutgers.

what could help our offense also is a change of pace back

a Travis Minor only with talent

Draft picks based on free agent signings of LT and OLB

#1- Paul Posluszny LB Penn State- Could be Zach's protege, but could play OLB in 3-4 until that day comes, best tackler in draft!
#2- Jeff Samardziga WR ND nack for the big play, GREAT hands!!!
#3- Tom Zbikowski S ND kid can plain hit. He and Allen could make great SS/FS combo for years to come. can also return punts.
#4- Drew Stanton QB Michigan State for all you QB lovers. This guy has alot of upside.
#6- Stanley Daughty DT South Carolina Saban loves the SEC and @330 this guy could plug up the middle.
#7- Best Available Def Skills Position

One position that Saban addressed today specifically in terms of the draft was a young pass rushing DE. This after Jason Taylor's mention of a possible retirement. The draft of a DE will be pre-emptive in hopes that one can be brought up to speed for when JT chooses to move on from football. So, that now becomes a need to be addressed. I like your picks but now DE must be worked into the mix. Yesterday, I didn't even see it coming.

Also, you addressed OLB via FA and then drafted a LB in round 1. If we were to draft a LB in round 1 then I would hope that CB would have been addressed via FA.

Draft picks based on free agent signings of LT and OLB

#1- Paul Posluszny LB Penn State- Could be Zach's protege, but could play OLB in 3-4 until that day comes, best tackler in draft!
#2- Jeff Samardziga WR ND nack for the big play, GREAT hands!!!
#3- Tom Zbikowski S ND kid can plain hit. He and Allen could make great SS/FS combo for years to come. can also return punts.
#4- Drew Stanton QB Michigan State for all you QB lovers. This guy has alot of upside.
#6- Stanley Daughty DT South Carolina Saban loves the SEC and @330 this guy could plug up the middle.
#7- Best Available Def Skills Position

Love your suggestions you show you love the Irish but I Love Stanton i think he has a future in the NFL

I'm loving the idea of signing a LB & CB (i.e. Adalius Thomas or Lance Briggs and Nate Clements or Asante Samuel), and using #9 on Dwayne Jarrett or Ted Ginn, with #39 being used on a QB of the future like Troy Smith. I don't get the knock on Smith's size so much.. the guy is a football player and a damn winner. He's 6'1/215 and Drew Brees is 6'0/209. :rolleyes2

Do you guys really think Troy Smith will be good? Yeah, if he convert's to WR. Same with Ginn, they won't be good.

I'm loving the idea of signing a LB & CB (i.e. Adalius Thomas or Lance Briggs and Nate Clements or Asante Samuel), and using #9 on Dwayne Jarrett or Ted Ginn, with #39 being used on a QB of the future like Troy Smith. I don't get the knock on Smith's size so much.. the guy is a football player and a damn winner. He's 6'1/215 and Drew Brees is 6'0/209. :rolleyes2
I agree, though with our salary cap situation, I think we will be able to afford Asante Samuel at best.

Our defense doesn't really need much help, though Asante will be a great addition. We just need an offense out there that can control the clock and keep our #3 ranked defense on the sidelines resting.

We have to re-evaluate our Wide Receivers, Tight End, and Quarterback positions. We also need to look into a Left Tackle.

IMO, five players that may be traded for more picks or for players are Chris Chambers, Marty Booker, Joey Harrington, Cleo Lemon, and Randy McMichael.

Now, I am NOT saying that they will all be traded, but 1 or two of them may not be here next season. IMO, Randy McMichael has certaintly overstayed his welcome. Greg Olsen in the 3rd would be a good addition to replace him.

could he? yes. It depends on workouts for him.

What will hurt Woodley is he's not a great 3-4 OLB. He's played it in his college career, but he's much more effective has a 4-3 DE.

Anthony Spencer on the other hand (DE from Purdue) is going to shoot updraft boards because he's a prototypical 3-4 DE.

i have said before that i would be stoked if the fins got spencer. i go to purdue and this kid is a beast. obviously not our guy in the first but i would definately rather have him in the second than troy smith.

offseason needs: DB, 3-4 LB/DE, QB, WR, OL

DB: i hope this is addressed in FA and not the draft.
LB/DE: spencer would be perfect if available in 2nd round, otherwise i dont really know much about other people
WR: would love to get a playmaking wide reciever in the first be it jarrett or ginn, i personally like jarrett
QB: would rather not was a 1st round pick on a QB, would like to see a guy like stanton or tate drafted in the later rounds
OL: we ***** about the line a lot but for the second year in a row it wasnt really as bad as it seemed. we could definately use help but as long as we have houck it isnt that big of a need. plus toledo will be back next year which could provide a boost. if we do draft for OL i would like to wait for another late rounder like toledo.

I am completely with you on this. I think we need to go after at least one big name FA at OL, CB, or OLB. Preferably Steinbach/L. Davis for OG...Clements/Samuel for CB...Thomas/Briggs for OLB. I dont really see a LT in FA that I would be willing to go after. Im all about drafting Ginn with our #9. Then we go after the position we missed out on in FA with our 2nd. If Woodley drops this far I would absolutely love that pick, especially if we missed out on Thomas or Briggs. Or with our second we target one of the many cb's ive been hearing about. Hall, Cason, McCaulley, Ross, Revis...I understand probably all these guys will be gone especially Hall, although Ross might be around, but you never know what will happen at the combine, maybe one drops. I havent seen much of any of these guys though, thats why i just grouped them together. Carriker(sp) DT would also be a good pick if Traylor decides to retire.

My ideal offseason would consist of signing Nate Clements and Leonard Davis. Then drafting Ginn and Woodley with our 1st and 2nd. This would sure up the secondary by putting in a quality #1 cb which results in the trickle down effect having W. Allen as #2 and Goodman/Daniels to fight for #3. This would be a pretty solid group of cb's. By drafting Ginn we would probably have to let Welker walk, which wouldn't bother me a bit. Welkers an average returnman at best and a pretty sure handed #3 WR. Ginn is an explosive player which is exactly what we need on this offense. He can stretch the field and open things up for the offense. Ginn is hands down a much better return man so I wont get into it. Woodley would replace Spragan as our pass rushing OLB. From what ive seen, Woodley is a beast, although i'll admit i havent seen all that much of him, but then again, anyone is better than Spragan.

So theres my pipe dream of an offseason. I know its very unlikely, but what do you think?

Here is my dream off-season:

Sign Lance Briggs and Asante Samuels. Release either Chambers or Booker, or trade for all i care.

Draft
1. Justin Blalock (can play either G or T)
2. Jeff Smardizdja...sp? Or Woodley or Troy Smith if they fall.
3. Mason Crosby (Kicker...Mare needs to go.)
4. A fast corner
5. (No pick for Harrington)
6. Wide receiver.
7. big blocking fullback.

Do you guys really think Troy Smith will be good? Yeah, if he convert's to WR. Same with Ginn, they won't be good.

Black QB's sure are labeled.. how come there wasn't talk about 6'0/209 Drew Brees converting into a WR back in 2001? He's smaller than Smith. Come on now, Troy Smith is actually a passing QB and shouldn't be labeled as a scrambler. He's an EXTREMELY ACCURATE QB......

& Ted Ginn? What? He's a 6'0/180 WR.

Back
Top Bottom