Dolphins 2007 Draft Picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins 2007 Draft Picks

Vertical Limit

Active Roster
Reaction score
Just looked it up for you all. Hope it helps for your mock drafts. Here are our draft picks. Listed it down by round, with where we would pick overall in each round, and the Draft picks # at the end.

Miami Dolphins 2007 Draft Picks:
Round 1: 9th overall - #9th
Round 2: 7th overall - #39th
Round 3: 8th overall - #72nd
Round 4: 9th overall - #106th
Round 6: 8th overall - #177th
Round 7: 9th overall - #217th

Is Troy Smith a good value pick at #39? With the comparism's of Drew Brees' [with mobility], I'll be damn'd if we pass on him.

Also, could LaMar Woodley fall at #39? I heard he could be a mid 1st round, to early 2nd round type talent. Donnie Spragan does almost nothing in our defense. It's like we're playing with 10 guys out there.

Draft picks based on free agent signings of LT and OLB

#1- Paul Posluszny LB Penn State- Could be Zach's protege, but could play OLB in 3-4 until that day comes, best tackler in draft!
#2- Jeff Samardziga WR ND nack for the big play, GREAT hands!!!
#3- Tom Zbikowski S ND kid can plain hit. He and Allen could make great SS/FS combo for years to come. can also return punts.
#4- Drew Stanton QB Michigan State for all you QB lovers. This guy has alot of upside.
#6- Stanley Daughty DT South Carolina Saban loves the SEC and @330 this guy could plug up the middle.
#7- Best Available Def Skills Position

Just looked it up for you all. Hope it helps for your mock drafts. Here are our draft picks. Listed it down by round, with where we would pick overall in each round, and the Draft picks # at the end.

Miami Dolphins 2007 Draft Picks:
Round 1: 9th overall - #9th
Round 2: 7th overall - #39th
Round 3: 8th overall - #72nd
Round 4: 9th overall - #106th
Round 6: 8th overall - #177th
Round 7: 9th overall - #217th

Is Troy Smith a good value pick at #39? With the comparism's of Drew Brees' [with mobility], I'll be damn'd if we pass on him.

He'd be an awesome 2nd rounder...
People think he's going in the first and i accept that...
But i dont wanna touch him unless its a 2nd rounder and no more.

He'd be an awesome 2nd rounder...
People think he's going in the first and i accept that...
But i dont wanna touch him unless its a 2nd rounder and no more.

Yeah, I think Troy Smith would be worth the gamble in the 2nd if he is still there. Jeff Samardzia (spelling?) is a late first rounder.

#1- Paul Posluszny LB Penn State- Could be Zach's protege, but could play OLB in 3-4 until that day comes, best tackler in draft!
#3- Tom Zbikowski S ND kid can plain hit. He and Allen could make great SS/FS combo for years to come. can also return punts.
#4- Drew Stanton QB Michigan State for all you QB lovers. This guy has alot of upside.
#6- Stanley Daughty DT South Carolina Saban loves the SEC and @330 this guy could plug up the middle.

Nice job but in my opinion i would rather take an impact offensive player in the first, I haven't really made up my mind on who that would be because I'm still watching bowl games, then a LB in the second. Someone is going to fall because there are many good ones avaliable. Patrick Willis, Posluszny, the kid from Michigan, H.B. Blades from Pitt, and etc. I wouldn't take Zbikowski in the third, he doesn't impress with his coverage skills. I would go OL there. Drew Stanton isn't that good of a QB imo. Palmer from UTEP is okay but he has bad decision making. Drew Tate also may be around but he will most likey go late on day one. Also Jamarcus Russel is an inconsistent QB from LSU I wouldn't take him untill day two and if thats the case he'll probably stay in school.

I think every GM in the league as well as those of us who have watched football long enough are all QB lovers.

Also, could LaMar Woodley fall at #39? I heard he could be a mid 1st round, to early 2nd round type talent. Donnie Spragan does almost nothing in our defense. It's like we're playing with 10 guys out there.

could he? yes. It depends on workouts for him.

What will hurt Woodley is he's not a great 3-4 OLB. He's played it in his college career, but he's much more effective has a 4-3 DE.

Anthony Spencer on the other hand (DE from Purdue) is going to shoot updraft boards because he's a prototypical 3-4 DE.

You must be from the upper midwest. Your mock has a very BIG 10 feel to it.

Back
Top Bottom