Dolphins 2020 Opponents | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins 2020 Opponents

Looks pretty tuff to me...

Using Ja. '20 vision, it looks like a few likely losses, a few likely wins, and a lot of 'depends on personnel decisions between now and May'

Nothing about that schedule looks tough...if you don't suck.

It's a normal 4th place finish NFL schedule, nothing tough about it...at least that you can tell now. Nobody knows what ANY of those teams will be next year.

All of NFC West teams (49ers are rising, Seahawks always good with Russell Wilson, the Rams at Home or in London we can beat them with a running game, and Cardinals will be better). I will say 1-3

All of AFC West teams (Chiefs that's a hard game, Chargers we can beat them, Raiders they will be better how much all depends, Broncos are beatable but it all depends) I will say 1-3

Bengals that's winnable even with Burrow. (1)

Jaguars that's winnable. (1)

AFC EAST
Bills 1-1
Jets 1-1
Patriots 1-1

7-9 (Is what I expect). Anything else is pure gravy and a playoff appearance with a 9-7 or 10-6 would be utterly astonishing. But, lets take baby steps to our ultimate goal of creating a dynasty for years to come. So go 7-9. Intervals are important.

All of NFC West teams (49ers are rising, Seahawks always good with Russell Wilson, the Rams at Home or in London we can beat them with a running game, and Cardinals will be better). I will say 1-3

All of AFC West teams (Chiefs that's a hard game, Chargers we can beat them, Raiders they will be better how much all depends, Broncos are beatable but it all depends) I will say 1-3

Bengals that's winnable even with Burrow. (1)

Jaguars that's winnable. (1)

AFC EAST
Bills 1-1
Jets 1-1
Patriots 1-1

7-9 (Is what I expect). Anything else is pure gravy and a playoff appearance with a 9-7 or 10-6 would be utterly astonishing. But, lets take baby steps to our ultimate goal of creating a dynasty for years to come. So go 7-9. Intervals are important.

Honestly that's kind of how I see it.

500 ball would be solid for sure.

Personally I'm in no rush next season -- I look at it as phase II of the rebuild.

Barring a miracle we're NOT a legit playoff contender so it's more about development and structure.

Nothing about that schedule looks tough...if you don't suck.

It's a normal 4th place finish NFL schedule, nothing tough about it...at least that you can tell now. Nobody knows what ANY of those teams will be next year.

It's not just opponents. This could well be another year of taking the 1st 4 games for the OL to gel, and maybe the QB/receivers to get in sync

1st place, last place schedules are so overrated. Every division has the same schedule minus 2 games. If a team has a “hard” or “easy” schedule it’s because they got paired with two good divisions or 2 crap divisions respectively.

Last edited:
I figure the Dolphins could split in the division 3-3, split with the AFC and NFC west games 4-4 and the sweep the games with Jacksonvill and Cinncinatti 2-0. That's 9-7 and moving in the right direction.

Honestly that's kind of how I see it.

500 ball would be solid for sure.

Personally I'm in no rush next season -- I look at it as phase II of the rebuild.

Barring a miracle we're NOT a legit playoff contender so it's more about development and structure.

Now lets play owner/gm would you replicate the Ravens or 49ers?

For me, I like how the 49ers are assembled and to build our team like theirs. Relentless suffocating defense, strong power down-hill running game, and stellar WR's and TE's who are not afraid to go up an get it (we have 4 of 6 that straight up can do it) , a Game Manager QB/Franchise game changer who can make all the throws in the clutch when called upon. I feel we have the WR's and TE's to make us contenders in 2 years. Baby steps like the 49ers in the way to go they went 6-10, 4-12 and 13-3 in last 3 years. I love what John Lynch has done for that team. Let's hope Grier can do the same we must have faith. Because we know Flores will get the team to play hard for him no question. I agree with you on PHASE II.

Back
Top Bottom