Dolphins 2020 Player Profile: S Eric Rowe | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins 2020 Player Profile: S Eric Rowe

Finfan83nj

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

I wonder if Rowe continues to man the SS position, while we see Brandon Jones covering the slot, or if he’s going to rotate with Rowe at SS. Versatility is key, I’m sure they will be working together with Flores/Boyer on different packages.

Rowe transitioned to Safety seamlessly. He gave Miami a legitimate cover safety. Rowe took advantage of his chance and parlayed that into an extension. His work against Opposing TE's was pretty impressive. It helped improve the overall performance of the younger players and the secondary as a whole. Great insite and development by coach Flores.

I see Rowe as the SS. McCain and Jones will play FS. It is an unusual advantage for the Dolphins to have a SS that can shut down TE's. That is an area where our SS's have been exposed for a very long time.

It should be noted that we now have an ILB with the speed and coverage skills (he played safety) to hang with TE's and RB's.

If Iggy and (both) Jones play close to what we think they can we should be hard to pass against. It will be telling to see how we do in nickle/dime packages in 3rd and moderate against the better running teams.

I honestly forgot that he played safety his first 3 years at Utah, as well as in high school. That helps explain the smooth transition and how consistent his play seemed after the switch from cornerback. I feel like we’ve got an ace in its place with him there, and it feels good to finally have a free safety who makes me feel like we’ve addressed the position.

Back
Top Bottom