Dolphins 4/24 On 3rd Down This Preseason | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins 4/24 On 3rd Down This Preseason

hopefully that's when at some point in the season we bust them in the mouth with the deep pass, maybe we are just taking the 3-5 yard erception now just waiting on them to start creeping in, then bam that's when we bust in their face and go deep......HOPEFULLY! maybe in the 1st little play time the defense hasn't cheated in yet. it would work great if we would clean up penalties.

One would hope, but from what I have seen the first two years and so far this preseason it's going to be more of the same.

Man I just do not believe in Ryan Tannehill when the heat is on. He is so pedestrian to me. Josh Allen made a TD play tonight on his first drive that Ive never seen Ryan Tannehill make in 6 years. Tired of watching this garbage brand of football

Man I just do not believe in Ryan Tannehill when the heat is on. He is so pedestrian to me. Josh Allen made a TD play tonight on his first drive that Ive never seen Ryan Tannehill make in 6 years. Tired of watching this garbage brand of football
For now it looks like they don’t want Tannehill dropping back for long passes. I guess they’re trying to get him to the regular season healthy.

Well I am hoping Gase is attempting to build some confidence with RT just pitching and throwing the ball and no sacks.

That all being said Gase has a case of misdirected ego. It keeps getting him in trouble too. We keep seeing it with his hand chosen QBs etc. Instead of using that focus on making a Cutler work or look good he should be spending that energy cutting down on penalties. Look Shula had some rosters that just were not that talented but they beat some much more talented rosters by just by making less mistakes.

Flacco looks like he’s playing better after Baltimore lit a fire under his *** by drafting Jackson.

Personally I think Bridgewater is just a better QB than Tannehill. Tannehill has been the face of a trash football team for 7 years. His name and uninspired football run synonymous.

Personally I think Bridgewater is just a better QB than Tannehill. Tannehill has been the face of a trash football team for 7 years. His name and uninspired football run synonymous.
Lol right? But I’m told he’s a franchise QB. But if he’s one then Blake Bortles is a franchise QB too right?

Last edited:
It just seems so different now. When we had check down Chad henne, the plays were called down field, he just always threw it short on 3rd. With Pennington he didnt have the arm strength but play calling always seemed to help him find a wr, now a days itd just everything is short and make something happen. There's not a person here that can say RT doesnt have the arm to thread the needle on 3rd. Maybe if wed take some risk. I guess we are just trying to play the field position game 60 minutes every sunday, and our offense does too much stupid stuff to play overly safe. I'm not at practices and can only go what I see on TV, but itd build confidence on both sides of we took some shots on 3rd. And I know we have trick plays up our sleeve, but 3rd down isnt fir trick plays, it's for trying to get the first. . I still stand by, if we stay healthy and dont have a major injury we CAN when with the safe dink and dunk, but if u throw a 3 yard pass on every 3 and plus 7 your offense is gonna lose faith in both coach and qb

I’m not gonna bash RT but I saw that play “live” as that’s the game I was stuck with - and as it unfolded I couldn’t help but feel envy. The ability to improv or extend plays in the RZ is what the best QBs do - you get more TDs. You just do. Ryan has to use his athletic gifts more in those situations IMO.

Flacco looks like he’s playing better after Baltimore lit a fire under his *** by drafting Jackson.
I was so hoping the dolphins would bring in real QB competition this year...maybe next year.....the theme of the dolphins!

Back
Top Bottom