Dolphins 4 Round Mock

Phin-Phan 66

Cunning Linguist
Reaction score
1. Brandon Graham, OLB/DE Michigan
2. Morgan Burnett, S, Georgia Tech
3. Mike Williams, WR, Syracuse
4. Torrell Troupe, NT, UCF

This is the way I see it - feel free to chime in your opinions...

That would be solid.

Do you think Mike Williams goes that high though? He quit on his team, had a number of off-field issues, was academically ineligible for a season. There are a lot of issues there.

I think Williams talent will get him drafted in the 3-4 round range.
Given our needs and the stern front office we have - I think we can manage his issues.

j-off, what would you change then, giving the C+?

There are four players I'd be happy with at #12: E. Berry, D. Bryant, E. Thomas, C. Spiller. B. Graham, J. Hughes, and D. Morgan are players I'd be glad to have but not thrilled with taking that high.

One of the reasons I'm not very high on OLB at #12 is the drop off from Berry/Thomas to the rest of the safeties. I think Allen and Burnett are interesting prospects and wouldn't hate to have either, but I also wouldn't be thrilled with either.

I think RD 3 is too high for Williams. This draft is deeper on D than last year. So, I expect some very good players to be available. I also think Pitta could be there in RD 3 - maybe even 4 - and I'd much rather draft him than Williams.

I like Owens a lot. I'd rather get him in the 4th then any other NT in the 1st or 2nd. I probably wouldn't address the NT position until the 6th, though.

So, I don't think it's a terrible mock. I just don't love it.

I like your analysis. Bottom line is we need a first round talent at WR and if we don't get Dez, than I think Williams, Thomas, and Benn are the choices. I don't think any of the other guys I mentioned will be there when we pick second, so I slotted Wiliams in at 3.
I think Burnett is a talented ballhawking safety and would fit well at 2.

Back
Top Bottom