Dolphins adding Chris Godwin, Allen Robinson, Kenny Golladay is a dream. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins adding Chris Godwin, Allen Robinson, Kenny Golladay is a dream.

I don't think Godwin or Golladay are leaving their respective teams.

Robinson probably will hit FA. But the Jaguars; Jets; and Bengals all have significantly more cap space than we do and a need at wide receiver with their young QB.

Godwin would be great, will Tampa really let him get away?

Robinson would be good, but I'm not willing to pay $20 million per for him.

Golladay I am not interested in, he doesn't create good separation, is to similar to what we have in Parker, and will probably cost more than Parker.

Godwin would be great, will Tampa really let him get away?

Robinson would be good, but I'm not willing to pay $20 million per for him.

Golladay I am not interested in, he doesn't create good separation, is to similar to what we have in Parker, and will probably cost more than Parker.
No to JuJu for me as well

I honestly don’t know many reputable sites or insiders that are even hinting Miami will be big players in FA. It’s not even a hidden secret.

If they come out as big players, it’s an impressive display of smokescreen

ESPN has an article up that predicts Robinson, Godwin, and Golladay will all be tagged. If so we won't get an impact WR in FA.

I don't think Godwin or Golladay are leaving their respective teams.

Robinson probably will hit FA. But the Jaguars; Jets; and Bengals all have significantly more cap space than we do and a need at wide receiver with their young QB.
While I would love to see the Dolphins sign Godwin or Robinson, I will be very surprised if Godwin actually makes it to the free agent market. I think Tampa Bay will figure out a way to sign him to a new contract or make him their franchise player for next year.

Robinson will price himself out of what the Dolphins will be willing to pay in free agency. I think if they do sign a WR free agent, it will be a second tier WR like TY Hilton or Will Fuller. When he is on the field Fuller is an excellent WR. His issue is he has had numerous injuries since coming into the league and he has never played all 16 games in a season since coming into the league 5 years ago.

ESPN has an article up that predicts Robinson, Godwin, and Golladay will all be tagged. If so we won't get an impact WR in FA.

Any other year I would completely agree. Gonna be fun watching these teams do the cap gymnastics to have nearly $20 million immediately taken away on the tag . . . when the expectations of the cap were likely 30 million dollars higher a year ago.

Could be blessings in disguise from another angle.
Long term maybe so, but short term I don't think so. We were one game away from the playoffs, and I feel like adding Robinson, or Godwin would put us in the playoffs. I just don't think one of the big 3 in the draft will do that in their first year. When was the last time a rookie WR came in, put up huge numbers and lead their team to the playoffs? I will admit this year spoiled me and I want more now. Maybe I need to remember we are only in year 3 of a total rebuild and temper expectations.

Back
Top Bottom