Dolphins Agree To New Deal With Backup Offensive Lineman | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Agree To New Deal With Backup Offensive Lineman

exactly @Ray R at this point our starting OL looks like Tunsil, Reed, Kilgore, Davis, Sterup. in the words of Col Akir Nakesh in Iron Eagle "Your quarterback...is a dead man" I see 2 of those positions being switched around before the 2019 opening day season, and honestly seeing 4 of those changing before the 2020, then hopefully we will be fully revamped. but yeah we can slide Davis outside, or im sure there is a RT out there with Reeds talent level that could start over sterup, be had cheap. the draft is going to open up some players that are currently on rosters. the right lineman falls to someone who wasn't expecting him being available and leads to a vet being had for cheap. I don't mind losing this year so we can get that franchise QB, I just want to look good doing it at least and those 5 from the first sentence, eeeeehhh I dunno. BUT BUT BUT. we have had previous generations that would've thrown 7 mil a year at Billy Turner to be our fix, so im happy lol

The Miami Dolphins have reached a new deal with at least one of the four players they made an exclusive rights free agent earlier this offseason.

The Dolphins signed backup offensive tackle Zach Sterup to a one-year deal on Friday, his agent Brett Tessler announced from his Twitter account.

Sterup, who has appeared in 12 with two starts during the last two seasons with the Dolphins, could compete for a starting job on Miami’s revamped offensive line next season.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...lusive-rights-free-agents-20190329-story.html

Sorry if this has already been posted.
Thanks for your service bro. Thanks for the post!

revamped makes it sounds like weve made changes to make it good. im gonna go out on a limb and say what we have right this second is worse than what we had right this second a year ago. and not a Debbie downer, I know we still have the draft, potential trades, low end FA pickups still available, but revamped means changed for the better
It's a crapshoot right now

There are too many teams that could make a trade for Kyler Murray above the Dolphins if the Cardinals stay with Rosen.

Raiders IMO have the best chance to move up without losing too much if the Cards are game. The 4th 24th 27th in the first 35th (2nd) That's 4 picks in the first 35.

I bet if the Raiders really want Kyler Murray it's theirs.

He looked good in the preseason so I had hope ... but once he got PT in the regular season ... oof. I also thought Eric Smith had more potential.

Maybe he'll do the ol' switcheroo and look like crap in the preseason but shows up to play when the games matter. :up:

I believe we will continue to see the front office grabbing free agents who are not overpriced. I also think they will be bringing in post draft the undrafted rookies and tr to see if they can find a few diamond's in the ruff. The other thing to point out with the moves the office is making. We are getting younger with each trade. I believe we were one of the top five of highest average age of players in the league.

I have more confidence that this coaching staff will get the most out of these players. Doubt he will start but sure he will contribute.

Good thing about this potential oline is that when we see injuries to the oline there won't be a drop off from starters to backups.

This is a signing that says, "Well... you weren't very good last year, but what the heck, we will let you come to camp and see if you learned anything."

I was surprised that they kept Sterup over Eric Smith and thought Sterup must have had something for them to do that.

Sure enough, Sterup showed himself on the field to be a slug and a turnstile.

Smith interestingly was picked up by the Jets onto their active roster late last season. Now that Gase has shown up, maybe he gets rid of him a second time.

Hard to differentiate a turd from a turd

Epic News!

Made my day.

I can tell April is gonna be wicked cool!

Back
Top Bottom