Dolphins air it out today at practice | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins air it out today at practice

No QB can throw a great deep ball when pressure is immediately in their face play after play. Mahomes in the Super Bowl against the Bucs was a great example of a QB with all the tools to throw deep unable to make it happen in that situation.

My 85 year old dad (at the time of that SB) hasn’t watched an NFL game in 20+ years. He tuned in to see this “Mahomes guy” he’d heard so much about - being a a guy who when stationed in the army in Baltimore likes to talk about seeing Unitas for 0.25 cents or whatever it was. As the game went on I could see him losing interest as he realized Mahomes was no more immortal than the last great QBs - who all needed protection to be great. It was such an eye opener for me as I began changing my tune around this forum. You need a really good QB, yes. You need pass pro to win a championship.

Looks like Hill and waddle had to slow down 0.0001 mph in order to catch those. This type of underthrow is unacceptable. This is not a good look. This is just as I expected, need major chemistry upgrade

Last edited:
Looks like Hill and waddle had to slow down 0.0001 mph in order to catch those. This type of underthrow is unacceptable. This is not a good luck. This is just as I expected, need major chemistry upgrade
AND...
The pass clearly did not travel 65 yards. I re-watched the film over 250 times and the throw only carried 64 1/2 yards from passer to receiver. Let's be real DOLFANS!

My 85 year old dad (at the time of that SB) hasn’t watched an NFL game in 20+ years. He tuned in to see this “Mahomes guy” he’d heard so much about - being a a guy who when stationed in the army in Baltimore likes to talk about seeing Unitas for 0.25 cents or whatever it was. As the game went on I could see him losing interest as he realized Mahomes was no more immortal than the last great QBs - who all needed protection to be great. It was such an eye opener for me as I began changing my tune around this forum. You need a really good QB, yes. You need pass pro to win a championship.

I thought you were going to say your 85-year-old dad could make that throw ....

And watch the throws again, particularly the two to Waddle and Wilson...EFFORTLESS...none of his signature "put my whole body into it" required for those throws. He's getting a lot stronger in recovery from that hip injury...finally.

Starting to look smooth. Much like the pass against Cincy that Grant dropped.

We shall see. Hard to not get excited

Bruh...

Those were some legit throws. Again, it's just practice, but it's nice to see, when you consider the mass narrative.

I liked the Hill pass the most...Wilson second. ABSOLUTELY in stride while moving fast. Bring that **** this season guys...and bring it often!
considering the mass narrative should be for fans other than us :rolleyes:

that was great to watch. He has the talent but now he has the help as well. Can't wait for the games to start
All we need for Tua to be a high quality QB is a solid offensive scheme (We will 100% have this with this coaching staff) and Solid OL protection. If he can step up and throw and not have immediate pressure in his face he will connect plenty on deep stuff.
He did it all through college and he'll do it again with the Miami Dolphins.

All we need for Tua to be a high quality QB is a solid offensive scheme (We will 100% have this with this coaching staff) and Solid OL protection. If he can step up and throw and not have immediate pressure in his face he will connect plenty on deep stuff.
He did it all through college and he'll do it again with the Miami Dolphins.
it doesn’t even has to be deep passes all the time.....just hit those speedy receivers right and they can do the rest

Back
Top Bottom