Dolphins air it out today at practice | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins air it out today at practice

“To me, he isn't a top QB until he does it on the field, irrespective of the circumstances.”

Irrespective of circumstances? Too funny. Your sound commentary went off the rails when you propounded circumstances don’t matter.
They may or may not matter. We do not know that for sure, as he has not been put in a good situation. You are just assuming he will be good under the current circumstances. You are taking it for granted that he will succeed. There is no guarantee of that. If you do not understand that is my point, you sir are the "funny" one.

Will the current circumstances provide us with a better overall offense? Yes, almost assuredly so. It does not, however, automatically make a guy a top QB. If that were the case we could bring any half a$$ed QB in here, and I know you don't believe that.

The US and France ignored circumstances in Vietnamese and we got our asses kicked.

That tends to happen when you ignore circumstances.

While people will disagree about metrics for measuring QB succeed in the NFL, not many will agree that circumstances do not matter as regards a QBs success.
Again, circumstances matter, but the best of circumstances do not make a bum all of the sudden elite. No, I am not calling Tua a bum, just illustrating a point. We do not know yet. It's fine for ppl to have confidence and high expectations, but come on brother, nothing is proven yet.

You act like ppl dismiss the circumstances, when that is not the case. Some just realize that he hasn't done anything notable yet.

They may or may not matter. We do not know that for sure, as he has not been put in a good situation. You are just assuming he will be good under the current circumstances. You are taking it for granted that he will succeed. There is no guarantee of that. If you do not understand that is my point, you sir are the "funny" one.

Will the current circumstances provide us with a better overall offense? Yes, almost assuredly so. It does not, however, automatically make a guy a top QB. If that were the case we could bring any half a$$ed QB in here, and I know you don't believe that.

“You are taking it for granted that he will succeed. There is no guarantee of that”

Show me where in my post I pulled out a crystal ball and said I know the future and I know Tua will be a auccess. You are making assumptions about what I might be thinking.

You know what they say about assumptions, correct?

Again, circumstances matter, but the best of circumstances do not make a bum all of the sudden elite. No, I am not calling Tua a bum, just illustrating a point. We do not know yet. It's fine for ppl to have confidence and high expectations, but come on brother, nothing is proven yet.

You act like ppl dismiss the circumstances, when that is not the case. Some just realize that he hasn't done anything notable yet.

My final comment on this issue.

Circumstances matter.

In life.

In football.

Thanks.

“You are taking it for granted that he will succeed. There is no guarantee of that”

Show me where in my post I pulled out a crystal ball and said I know the future and I know Tua will be a auccess. You are making assumptions about what I might be thinking.

You know what they say about assumptions, correct?
You started this pi$$ing contest, for whatever reason, by saying that ppl like myself dismiss the circumstances. Isn't that an assumption? My point is that that is not true. I never said the circumstances don't matter. I said (multiple times now) that even in the best of circumstances there is no guarantee.

If you are unable to see the difference, I can't help you, and sure as hell am not going to argue with you. My father always told me to be careful when arguing with an idiot. He ends up doing the same........

Have a great day brother...........

That's a bit of a straw man as nobody has made that argument. Anybody evaluating Tua should be basing it on what he did. Not the results or the stats, but what he actually did. Did he make good decisions on where to throw the ball (or at least the best decision when there were no good options)? When he threw the ball was it on target? On time? Etc.Were there some types of throws that he already demonstrated he was good at? Then projecting forward a good evaluator will look at what kinds of throws will he be expected to make in a new system? If he is expected to make throws that he's already shown he is good at then you can make a reasonable projection about how he'll play. Anybody can sit there and say, "I'll wait and see". There's no value in that. I don't need somebody to read a stat sheet to me and tell me they have now concluded that Marino or Mahommes was/is a good QB.

That's a bit of a straw man as nobody has made that argument. Anybody evaluating Tua should be basing it on what he did. Not the results or the stats, but what he actually did. Did he make good decisions on where to throw the ball (or at least the best decision when there were no good options)? When he threw the ball was it on target? On time? Etc.Were there some types of throws that he already demonstrated he was good at? Then projecting forward a good evaluator will look at what kinds of throws will he be expected to make in a new system? If he is expected to make throws that he's already shown he is good at then you can make a reasonable projection about how he'll play. Anybody can sit there and say, "I'll wait and see". There's no value in that. I don't need somebody to read a stat sheet to me and tell me they have now concluded that Marino or Mahommes was/is a good QB.
I can see you also did not get the context of my premise....... What's new......

I wish ppl could differentiate between a philosophical stance and specifics about an individual.

I can see you also did not get the context of my premise....... What's new......

I wish ppl could differentiate between a philosophical stance and specifics about an individual.
I addressed both in my response. And both the philosophy and the specific player that philosophy was being applied to were useless.

I addressed both in my response. And both the philosophy and the specific player that philosophy was being applied to were useless.
Feel free to not respond to my useless posts. There seems to be no value in our discussions.

You started this pi$$ing contest, for whatever reason, by saying that ppl like myself dismiss the circumstances. Isn't that an assumption? My point is that that is not true. I’ll never said the circumstances don't matter. I said (multiple times now) that even in the best of circumstances there is no guarantee.

If you are unable to see the difference, I can't help you, and sure as hell am not going to argue with you. My father always told me to be careful when arguing with an idiot. He ends up doing the same........

Have a great day brother...........

You da man, Josh. 😂.

Back
Top Bottom