Dolphins air it out today at practice | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins air it out today at practice

The point is, Tua CAN throw longer than 5-10 yard dump offs. Yea we all get it, of course this is just practice, but if Tua underthrew all his passes today, guys like you would be making a big deal about it, even if practice is where you want a player to make his mistakes. Gosh darn it cant cut our QB some slack here!
I’ve heard many analyst question if Tua can push the ball down field “consistently”. That’s the question mark about Tua, there’s a difference between. As for it being practice you damn right I would make a big deal out of it and you as a fan should to. Let’s say Jason Sanders was missing the majority of his FG/EP in practice, it’s a reason for concern. Regardless if it’s practice there’s a certain expectation at minimum, which means he better be hitting them bombs when you know the defense can’t hit you.

I guess you haven't figured it out yet.

FOOTBALL IS A TEAM SPORT!
It is, but that in no way negates, or invalidates what @bdizzle00 said. If ppl want to make assumptions or give Tua the benefit of doubt that's fine. The reality is that Tua will not get accolades until he performs at a top level. Is that fair? Depends who you ask. To me, he isn't a top QB until he does it on the field, irrespective of the circumstances. I think it is probable that he shows to be a very good QB this season. Until that happens much of the media is going to ride the fence. Some are over the top with negative opinions for sure. Screw them.

I'm sure some will see that as Tua bashing or hating, but it isn't. It isn't personal. It's just the way I look at players, regardless of who it is.

Last edited:
I guess you haven't figured it out yet.

FOOTBALL IS A TEAM SPORT!
You still can judge individual players on their individual performances. I’m rooting for him as much as anyone else is. He just is who he is until he isn’t.

To your point of football being a team sport, I agree 100%. I’d much rather the Dolphins be a better team all around and have more team success than have any individual player perform better if it doesn’t translate into team success, if that makes any sense.

Like everyone else here, I’m definitely pro-Dolphins before I’m pro any individual player.

It is, but that in o way negates, or invalidates what @bdizzle00 said. If ppl want to make assumptions or give Tua the benefit of doubt that's fine. The reality is that Tua will not get accolades until he performs at a top level. Is that fair? Depends who you ask. To me, he isn't a top QB until he does it on the field, irrespective of the circumstances. I think it is probable that he shows to be a very good QB this season. Until that happens much of the media is going to ride the fence. Some are over the top with negative opinions for sure. Screw them.

I'm sure some will see that as Tua bashing or hating, but it isn't. It isn't personal. It's just the way I look at players, regardless of who it is.
I tend to agree with you. But if "haters" can overreact to a Zapruder style film that may of shown an underthrown ball, I think its fair for fans to overreact to a few well thrown balls.

Are you telling me that are defense can hit the QB?? I didn’t think so. There is no tackling allowed. We saw the same thing lat year, Tua, Noah and Grant all had good camps and how did that transition into the season last year? One guy barely saw action, another was traded and another had a mediocre season. What’s going on in practice is great all I am saying I hope to see this in games when it matters.
It seems to be the "rainy" season in "Lemming" land - LOL

I’ve heard many analyst question if Tua can push the ball down field “consistently”. That’s the question mark about Tua, there’s a difference between. As for it being practice you damn right I would make a big deal out of it and you as a fan should to. Let’s say Jason Sanders was missing the majority of his FG/EP in practice, it’s a reason for concern. Regardless if it’s practice there’s a certain expectation at minimum, which means he better be hitting them bombs when you know the defense can’t hit you.
And this is a "surprise" to you? I suspect most of the posters here are aware of that.

I see that most of the posters here can appreciate the "fact" that the defense is proving to be as effective as the offense in general, and our passing game seems to be "taking off" at high levels of performance by both our QB's and our receivers. The interceptions and batted down passes are caused by some superb defensive plays

As I see it, we have already demonstrated in this training camp that in regard to our offense and defense, we now have "steel sharpening steel" after only 3 days of practice. That by itself is remarkable.

I anticipate things will get tougher when the pads come on. That is to be expected.

My recommendation to you - go "rain on someone else's parade" - LOL

It is, but that in no way negates, or invalidates what @bdizzle00 said. If ppl want to make assumptions or give Tua the benefit of doubt that's fine. The reality is that Tua will not get accolades until he performs at a top level. Is that fair? Depends who you ask. To me, he isn't a top QB until he does it on the field, irrespective of the circumstances. I think it is probable that he shows to be a very good QB this season. Until that happens much of the media is going to ride the fence. Some are over the top with negative opinions for sure. Screw them.

It's nice to read a well thought out position as opposed to the "you are an idiot and that's why I'm right" that I see so much of - and occasionally may be guilty of - LOL

I tend to agree with you. But if "haters" can overreact to a Zapruder style film that may of shown an underthrown ball, I think its fair for fans to overreact to a few well thrown balls.
Well, since it's a fan forum (social media in general) you will have overreactions on both extremes. Is it fair? What does fair have to do with it? I get defending our player in the face of asenine posts, media hit pieces, etc, but overreaction is overreaction. Doesn't do much to support one's credibility on either end of the spectrum. JMO.

Big Brother Fight GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Ok, Dolfans ... Knock it off!!! We are Brothers. No need for this.

Back
Top Bottom