Dolphins Already Very Active | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Already Very Active

A pre draft trade makes absolutely no sense to me. As much as all the experts want to pontificate, burrow going #1 Is far from giving. Miami giving up the world to get to 2 to only miss out on tua and end up with...ick...burrow. nope it's not happening.

Dolphins can do Far Worse than strictly BPA at every slot they now have and it's almost guaranteed they will.
Plus The Dolphins are the biggest 'Murphy's Law' magnets so it's 99.9% guaranteed that if they trade up for Tua that he'll never play a single meaningful down for them.
When you lose 2 pro-bowl caliber players to get draft picks, youre just never gonna get that value back. Especially Tunsil. We coulda got 10 draft picks and we'll draft 10 bums while Tunsil goes to the playoffs every year for Houston.
Based on pure statistical analysis, with each round, your chances of drafting an NFL starter drop significantly. That's why keeping every pick we have in the higher rounds is our literal best chance to draft quality players. Trading up and losing these picks is suicide. Not a single one of these QBs are worth losing a 1st round pick or any other pick. We Have To replace Tunsil.
This roster Has To improve. Fitz and Rosen can suit up in 2020 with a much improved OL, pass rush and secondary and win 10 games because of the talent we have at WR and Gesicki.

I would stay at 5 and if Tua is there take him,if not. Trade down and take Eason who I believe has the highest upside

I thought I was the only one who thought Eason had great upside.

Eason has no upside IMO, watched him since high school because I am a UGA guy, not even 10 cents between the ears. Maybe a penny, never has gotten it and with the elite talent you all clamor that Fromm should have dominated with Eason had the overall offense like in the 90's + at UGA, Fromm comes in takes the job and Eason gets a few kneel downs. Goes to Washington to the PAC 12 where maybe 2 teams play defense and everything is wide open and leads the offense to a ranking of 79th overall.

Great arm talent possibly the best arm talent in recent years, but thats all he has. No wiggle, no sliding in the pocket, very little pocket awareness, no changing ball velocity all he does is throw a 100mph. Feels like Ryan Mallet at best; likely has to sit for a number of years just to learn and offense. He redshirted at Washington and practiced that whole time then took the reigns and numerous reports came out that said he still had no clue about the offense and was totally lost. Yeah gonna be much easier with the complexity of an NFL offense :rolleyes: .

Say no to Eason unless you want one of the guys in 2021 because he is worse than Rosen.

Dolphins can do Far Worse than strictly BPA at every slot they now have and it's almost guaranteed they will.
Plus The Dolphins are the biggest 'Murphy's Law' magnets so it's 99.9% guaranteed that if they trade up for Tua that he'll never play a single meaningful down for them.
When you lose 2 pro-bowl caliber players to get draft picks, youre just never gonna get that value back. Especially Tunsil. We coulda got 10 draft picks and we'll draft 10 bums while Tunsil goes to the playoffs every year for Houston.
Based on pure statistical analysis, with each round, your chances of drafting an NFL starter drop significantly. That's why keeping every pick we have in the higher rounds is our literal best chance to draft quality players. Trading up and losing these picks is suicide. Not a single one of these QBs are worth losing a 1st round pick or any other pick. We Have To replace Tunsil.
This roster Has To improve. Fitz and Rosen can suit up in 2020 with a much improved OL, pass rush and secondary and win 10 games because of the talent we have at WR and Gesicki.

Tunsil is a very average T who will demand to be the top paid guy in the league next year. He is a penalty machine and not worth what he expects and that Houston team is ready to crash and burn. About to lose lots of talent in the coming years and O'Brien being the man in charge of everything should terrify Texans fans; not to mention no 1st until 2022 and the earliest pick he has in 2021 is a 3rd, yeah you can have a mediocre LT for a playoff run or two with that horrible future ahead of you. Because they will pay Watson first; I doubt they keep Tunsil meaning they traded away and damaged themselves for numerous years and get nothing in return so yeah IMO value has already been returned. The chances that one of the Houston picks will help land Miami a potential franchise QB and next years could add a piece to complete the roster rebuild, hard to not see that as a win.

And that statement of no QBs is worth losing a 1st round pick, I strongly disagree. If you nail the QB he is worth numerous 1st round picks, and makes drafting and acquiring talent way simpler because you have the most important piece in place. Just ask yourself what the Seahawks or Chiefs would demand to trade for Wilson and Mahomes respectively. Maybe 6/7 years of 1st and 2nds. Giving up #5 plus another 1st this year and 56 or 70 is worth it so many times over if he hits. Id rather take that risk then get a bunch of role players now and hope to find the QB in the future when we will likely never be in a good enough draft position to take one without mortgaging the future far more significantly than the cost this year.

Back
Top Bottom