Dolphins (and Lions) FA Losers. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins (and Lions) FA Losers.

Not all for spending big in FA but Flo got his guys and after seeing what he did last year deserves the chance. Plus most of the contracts have out after year 2. Jones we are stuck with for 3 years but everyone else is a 1-2 year deal that don’t lock the team into financial struggles.

That kind of analytics can work in Baseball but you just can't lift one OG out of a 5 man line and say his performance was good, bad or indifferent. Your computer does not know what the guy's job on each play was, what his responsibilities were, etc....Sure when a guy whiffs on a block you can say he failed but the OL is such an interconnected unit stats are just not the way to judge.

And why oh why is PFF the standard for anything?

PFF is nearly universally used. Maybe it's better than some think. But I agree, it's unreasonable to evaluate teams with so many changes. They make plenty of mistakes every season

Not all for spending big in FA but Flo got his guys and after seeing what he did last year deserves the chance. Plus most of the contracts have out after year 2. Jones we are stuck with for 3 years but everyone else is a 1-2 year deal that don’t lock the team into financial struggles.

I wouldn’t say we are “stuck” with Jones when a bunch of other teams wish they were.

This..... established a baseline and credibility with a bunch of no names last year but with the influx of talent and him needing to contiue the development of his system and culture get guys who have already bought into it elsewhere and will seemlessly join in and not question it. Hard for a young guy to take the stance of fight the system and be your own dude when Van Noy and Jones who are guarenteed what like 70 million between them busting *** running to the TNT wall and representing and following every word FLO says.

This is the logic and perspective that I look for and love to get from this site. Top notch viewpoint.

I don't care what people say about the signings, I care about how they play.

Oddly I do not recall many "stars" under Shula...a few yes....but a team loaded with them is doomed to fail.

Back
Top Bottom