Dolphins (and Lions) FA Losers. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins (and Lions) FA Losers.

i'm as critical of our beloved fins as anyone, and even i think we are FA winners. i think a lot of people just cant stand the dolphins and i'm not sure why, we've sucked for like the last 25 years. maybe its that 17-0 thing...

It's the 17-0 thing and probably resentment for us usually laying a giant turd in prime time games in recent history.

How someone knows what team won or lost FA without the start of the season is beyond me...

I will say that Flowers contract is a daisy.

We had a lot of money and there is a minimum... we had to spend it on something... and we did, mostly front-loaded, with only two contracts that could actually hurt us long term-- Jones and Van Noy. All of the other contracts are fairly small (in NFL terms) and easy to be shed of if the player suffers a major injury.

Jones, while well paid, is not paid more than the market for prime corners. Van Noy was signed for more than his market worth, but I do get why we did it (and it still wasn't a huge deal).

In the long term, the real key is the draft and being able to shed existing contracts with ill effect. The players we signed? middle echelon players for middle echelon money... exactly what the front office said they'd do. ESPN criticizes this because 31 other teams watched us sign half the board and are apt to WANT TO THINK we blew it. ESPN is pandering here... writing the easy lede.

If this works out, they won't even have to admit it, because no one will remember a word of it... but us.

We are always going to be considered losers when all we do every year, regardless of how we conduct the offseason, is lose.

So it’s simple really. You want to prove all these people wrong? Go out and finally win games, make the playoffs, and get past the first round.

Until then no one can say jack to any of these “negative” writers because they have a lot of receipts and us fans have nothing.

I think the Patriots narrative is a little overblown.....actually very much so.

In the last year Coach Flores has proven to be an Alpha is in his own right.

Most coaches probably don’t survive the purge he dealt with yet somehow he thrived.

We are always going to be considered losers when all we do every year, regardless of how we conduct the offseason, is lose.

So it’s simple really. You want to prove all these people wrong? Go out and finally win games, make the playoffs, and get past the first round.

Until then no one can say jack to any of these “negative” writers because they have a lot of receipts and us fans have nothing.
Okay, I'll make sure to win some games for Miami this next season. The articles about FA winners and losers have nothing to do with winning games though.

On a segment of SVP today, SVP asked Louis Riddick to name a team or single transaction that he believes was the most impactful of FA thus far and he named MIA for both. He thinks the addition of Byron Jones was a very good one.

So not everyone shares a negative view.

I'd almost accept that if it was true, but oddly enough the Browns and Bucs are winners......

On a segment of SVP today, SVP asked Louis Riddick to name a team or single transaction that he believes was the most impactful of FA thus far and he named MIA for both. He thinks the addition of Byron Jones was a very good one.

So not everyone shares a negative view.
Charlie Casserly was asked the same thing, and his response was Miami.

QBs are afraid of talented DEs for health purposes. QBs are afraid of talented DBs because they can cost you your job.

Having two elite corners is scary for offensive coordinator’s. It absolutely nullifies a huge part of their playbook.

I am still holding out hope Epenesa or Gross-Matos are deemed worthy of pick 26, or Kinlaw at 18 should no OT be worth the pick.

Last edited:
The only guy I really respect there is Riddick. He had us as a winner, and loved out Jones signing. He thinks he and X will be a great tandem for us next season.

What is "Patriot-style man-to-man defense?" What do they do differently from other man defenses?

Back
Top Bottom