Dolphins (and Lions) FA Losers. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins (and Lions) FA Losers.

It's hilarious that the reason Miami loses is the fact that they have two great young cornerbacks tied up now for years to come in a league that you usually can't get two young great cornerbacks on the same roster for years.......

How someone knows what team won or lost FA without the start of the season is beyond me...

I will say that Flowers contract is a daisy.

source.gif

Add Frelund to the list: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...e-agency-frenzy-3-good-moves-3-headscratchers

(she chose three head scratching moves)

The Dolphins' O-line, as a unit, ranked last in my 2019 win share model. Miami was bound to address that problem this offseason. But is Flowers really the right kind of answer?

Of the 34 qualified left guards in my sample, Flowers didn't rank higher than 18th on rushing or passing downs in any single game last season. And Flowers' play with the Redskins in 2019 was actually a big improvement over his efforts in previous seasons as a Giants offensive tackle. Still, PFF graded him 28th out of 67 guards who played at least 500 snaps last season. Is that kind of middling production really worth an APY of $10 million?

I think the year Dolphins made the playoffs with Gase, ESPN stated Miami was the worst team in the NFL during preseason.

IF this same ESPN clown called the Fins winners you would not have posted the article.

I can't imagine hating my favorite team. :shame:

That chick who uses a computer program to tell everyone who's good and who isn't.

That kind of analytics can work in Baseball but you just can't lift one OG out of a 5 man line and say his performance was good, bad or indifferent. Your computer does not know what the guy's job on each play was, what his responsibilities were, etc....Sure when a guy whiffs on a block you can say he failed but the OL is such an interconnected unit stats are just not the way to judge.

And why oh why is PFF the standard for anything?

Last edited:
That kind of analytics can work in Baseball but you just can't life one OG out of a 5 man line and say his performance was good, bad or indifferent. Your computer does not know what the guy's job on each play was, what his responsibilities were, etc....Sure when a guy whiffs on a block you can say he failed but the OL is such an interconnected unit stats are just not the way to judge.

You’re on the money. Communication amongst the oline is critical and there is no way to measure that. The entire unit needs to work cohesively for success. One man forgets to slide or chip or shed and the wrong player could end up the patsy when the call on the line indicated him getting help but the help never came.

That kind of analytics can work in Baseball but you just can't life one OG out of a 5 man line and say his performance was good, bad or indifferent. Your computer does not know what the guy's job on each play was, what his responsibilities were, etc....Sure when a guy whiffs on a block you can say he failed but the OL is such an interconnected unit stats are just not the way to judge.

I never said I put any stock in any of her stuff.

I chuckle at all of the FA winners and losers articles. The articles look at individual moves and give a grade or look at the transactions for a day and give a grade. None of them take a comprehensive look at the situation. If I was to rate the problem units/aspects last year in order of level of brokenness, then my order would be offensive line, pass rush, coverage, and run stopping. The FA period we have added two OL contributors, 3 pass rush contributors, a couple of highly rated edge setter in the run stopping department, and a very good corner. The articles want a couple of high impact articles. I prefer addressing multiple weaknesses, so I am happy with this off-season to date.

Back
Top Bottom