Dolphins and Parker Agree To Contract Extension | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins and Parker Agree To Contract Extension

I'm not giving the guy a pass for his apparent lazy attitude here, but maybe it had a little to do with the fact that Gase/Burke couldn't motivate or inspire a starving lion to chase a gazelle.

Human nature being what it is, some ppl tend to get complacent, when they have no faith in those leading them.
Agreed look at the players that have been Killed by Gase in terms of motivation and look what they have done since he went to NY, and other players left to other teams. Then add in all of the sudden there are motivation issues with players that never had motor problems in NY

I'm not giving the guy a pass for his apparent lazy attitude here, but maybe it had a little to do with the fact that Gase/Burke couldn't motivate or inspire a starving lion to chase a gazelle.

Human nature being what it is, some ppl tend to get complacent, when they have no faith in those leading them.

So many people gave Jordan phillips so much grief over his play, He wasn't the one screwing up our Run defense when he was here it was Suh. Phillips manhandled his guys and ate up blockers but Suh would constantly push to far up and open up lanes right up the middle of the run defense. Bowens and Gardener aren't hall of famers but those guys allowed our defense to be truly special because they held up the line and 3 lineman which gave thomas free reign from blockers to zero in on the ball carrier..

I wasn't on this forum at the time but i was pissed when they cut jordan phillips, too many armchair gms blamed him instead of Suh for the defense being crap and he is the type of big body DT i wanted for this defense.

I've said i still think the best defense is having two mammoth DT's in the middle of a 4-3 defense, yes you go to nickels more nowadays but having 2 huge DT's able to occupy 2 OG's and a Center is how zack thomas made his living and became the best Middle linebacker ever imo..

In my ideal defense instead of christian wilkins I'd have Dexter Lawerence and John Jenkins as our DT's next season and i could guarantee it would be much more stout. I have hope for Christian Wilkins but im thinking his ideal spot a 3/4 DE.. I always prefer a 4/3 but since we have zero talent at Defensive End I see us switching to a 3/4 defense again next year.

so 10 mil a year...a little more than that worthless POS stills got and less than what Landry wanted/got? Right?

Don't know how I missed this last week.

Nice deal.

Back
Top Bottom