Dolphins and Parker Agree To Contract Extension | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins and Parker Agree To Contract Extension

That’s a lot of money for a potential contract. Should have just picked up how fifth year and made him prove himself. Seems funny how he starts to play better when a new contract is on the line. Let’s hope he continues to play well after getting paid.
Or when there is a competent coaching staff...

With him and a hopefully healthy Preston Williams Miami will have 2 good to potentially great WRs on the outside.

Add a dynamic deep threat guy and you have a very explosive corps.

Just need to hit on the right qb and the rest will fall into place.

Who corrupted our organization and what did they do with the bumblers we've had for the last 15 years? The Phins have had a habit of bad decisions for so long that what they are doing now is unbelievable! Who would have ever thought to lock up some of their talent with an upside, early? WTF has this been? SMH

With him and a hopefully healthy Preston Williams Miami will have 2 good to potentially great WRs on the outside.

Agree. I'll throw in Gesicki (though not a WR), Hurns, IMO, can be productive with Parker, Williams, Gesicki on the filed, and (based on hope) Albert gets back to pre-injury shape another year removed from injury.

Let's not get carried away. For everything to fall into place, we have to field a competant O-line, and find a solid back.

One dimensional team aren't all that sucessful when they face playoff caliber defenses.

Let's not get carried away. For everything to fall into place, we have to field a competant O-line, and find a solid back.

One dimensional team aren't all that sucessful when they face playoff caliber defenses.

OL is great until you realize the qb they're protecting is useless. See Indy and Dallas as perfect examples.

Luckily for Miami that have an exceptional OL coach so finding him quality pieces shouldn't be difficult.

Wasn't his 5th year option 10 mil?

The same 10 mil we now have 2 yrs?

Either way, he "proved it", and was given another 3-4 years.
He proved it? I appreciate your low standards.

He proved it? I appreciate your low standards.
Is it your contention that his play wasn't good enough, or that it was too short of a period?

I would say his play rated the contract.

As far as doing it over a longer period, that was the point of the "clean slate" comment.

Is it your contention that his play wasn't good enough, or that it was too short of a period?

I would say his play rated the contract.

As far as doing it over a longer period, that was the point of the "clean slate" comment.

Was too short of a period. If you take this season and put it over 16 games, Parker has 1,085 yards, 67 receptions, and 7 TDs. That's in an offense where we don't really have anyone else to throw to. His best season is just average to me.

He ranks 21st in yards
Tied for 17th for TDs
And he is 41st in receptions.

And this is his best season for us.

Again, not worth it to me.

Was too short of a period. If you take this season and put it over 16 games, Parker has 1,085 yards, 67 receptions, and 7 TDs. That's in an offense where we don't really have anyone else to throw to. His best season is just average to me.

He ranks 21st in yards
Tied for 17th for TDs
And he is 41st in receptions.

And this is his best season for us.

Again, not worth it to me.
I can understand your point, and only time will tell if it was the right move.

I will just add one more point, since you went to the trouble of looking up his stats.

His contract is around that of the 60th highest paid wide out. That tells us something about the reality of NFL salaries, as compared to what fans think an individual is worth.

I can understand your point, and only time will tell if it was the right move.

I will just add one more point, since you went to the trouble of looking up his stats.

His contract is around that of the 60th highest paid wide out. That tells us something about the reality of NFL salaries, as compared to what fans think an individual is worth.
Totally agree that time will tell and I hope he is a complete stud for us. I guess after thinking about it further, I’m not so much upset about the money he is making and more thinking he just doesn’t deserve it and really hasn’t earned anything yet. Of course, I could probably say the same thing about 30 other WRs.

DVP's problem has been that he didn't know how to prepare and take care of his body. No more chicken nuggets, junk food, skipping breakfast and not hydrating. In short he has matured. Too bad Hassan Whiteside didn't.

Smart signing and I have confidence DVP will do what it takes to earn this money. He just needs a QB willing to throw those 50/50 balls.

To me he IS the dynamic deep threat. He ran a 4.45 and can high point the ball. To me he is a great #2 and Preston will be our #1

Back
Top Bottom