Dolphins and remaining SOS | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins and remaining SOS

I respectfully disagree. The 3 divisional games are by far more important down the stretch. If we split the Cali games (preferably win against the Chargers for conference tie-breaker purposes) we're in a great spot heading into those 3 games and the Packers at home on Christmas day. If this team finishes 12-5 with 2 of those wins being against Buffalo, it will win the division
That’s assuming the Bills lose another on top of ours? If they only lose our game, that puts them at 13-4 and our 12-5 would be the suck…of course that’s also assuming we have 2 more losses…we need to go 6-1 down the stretch, sweeping the Bills, to win the division, IMO.

I‘m not worried about the Chargers at all, and I think McD will have some wizardry planned for SF…fully expect to win those games.

Remaining AFC contenders SOS through the second Thanksgiving day game:

Bengals (2nd toughest overall, toughest in AFC): .620
New England (4th toughest, 2nd toughest in AFC): .603 (even AFTER the Vikings game, their SOS would be .571, which would still be 4th toughest overall and 2nd in AFC)
Buffalo: (8th overall, 5th in AFC): .557
Jets: (10th overall, 6th in AFC): .534
Miami: (15th overall, 10th in AFC): .507
Tennessee (16th tie overall, tied for 11th in AFC): .500
Chargers (27th overall, 14th in AFC): .438
Baltimore (31st overall, 15th in AFC): .366
Kansas City (32nd overall, 16th in AFC): .364
I really believe every team has the just concentrate on the next game mentality. It's really thought now and part of the players mindset...Years ago not so much.

Just do yer job!

I'm tired of Miami needing help to get into the playoffs or blowing it when they control their own destiny. So, I expect to see them win the Division with a 14-3 record. And hopefully, Kansas City will lose a game or two making Miami the #1 Seed.

Edited to add: I just saw that Fields is questionable for the Jets-Bears game, and his legs are a big part of their offense, so the Jets could get some more wins. Also, even though Buffalo isn't playing up to their usual standard, they still won a game they could've/should've lost yesterday. IOW, if Miami loses a few games, they could be in trouble!

Last edited:
Boy did the Lions botch that game today. They could have really run that clock down at the end and made it tough for Buffalo, and taken that game to OT.
But whatever. What a tease- I didn't expect Detroit to win, but then I thought they would. Then the game ended how I figured, and I was upset that what I thought would happen did happen when for a second it seemed like the opposite would happen.
No, i will not translate that above sentence to Spanish.
That game is a decent definition of agony.
Coulda shoulda woulda.
Bottom line; you just cant rely on others.

That’s assuming the Bills lose another on top of ours? If they only lose our game, that puts them at 13-4 and our 12-5 would be the suck…of course that’s also assuming we have 2 more losses…we need to go 6-1 down the stretch, sweeping the Bills, to win the division, IMO.

I‘m not worried about the Chargers at all, and I think McD will have some wizardry planned for SF…fully expect to win those games.
Bills play the Pats twice and Bengals. I expect them to drop one

Win lose record rally doesn't tell the whole story. Dolphins having to travel to west coast two weeks in a row then travel to Buffalo for a third straight road game is brutal. Going to be tough stretch.
I'm can't tell if these road trips are harder on the players or the fans. - LOL

Weird that Buffalo doesn't play the 49ers.
Not at all. They play the NFC West team that finished in 1st place in 2021, we play the team that finished in the same position we did (San Fran). It's the 17th (extra) game scheduling bugaboo...kinda like how we played the NYG last year and the rest of the division didn't.

Not at all. They play the NFC West team that finished in 1st place in 2021, we play the team that finished in the same position we did (San Fran). It's the 17th (extra) game scheduling bugaboo...kinda like how we played the NYG last year and the rest of the division didn't.
Makes sense. I just really wish Buffalo had to play San Francisco.

To me it’s as simple as this; the Dolphins must beat the Bulls in Buffalo. It will be extremely challenging but as time progresses, it does look possible. The Miller injury will really hurt the Bills.
I thought I saw Miller was only gonna miss 1 or 2 weeks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom