Dolphins and remaining SOS | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins and remaining SOS

Boy did the Lions botch that game today. They could have really run that clock down at the end and made it tough for Buffalo, and taken that game to OT.
But whatever. What a tease- I didn't expect Detroit to win, but then I thought they would. Then the game ended how I figured, and I was upset that what I thought would happen did happen when for a second it seemed like the opposite would happen.
No, i will not translate that above sentence to Spanish.
I feel like I'm reading from my journal. Spot on. Lol

After New England's loss tonight, using ESPN's matchup predictor % chance to win each of the remaining games, ESPN predicts the following final records for AFC teams:

AFC East W L T
Buffalo 12.5 - 4.5
Miami 11.1 - 5.9
New York 9.4 - 7.6
New England 7.9 - 9.1

AFC Central
Baltimore 11.9 - 5.1
Cincinnati 9.7 - 7.4
Cleveland 6.7 - 10.3
Pittsburgh 5.2 - 11.8

AFC South
Tennessee 10.2 - 6.8
Indy 7. 1 - 8.9 - 1
Jacksonville 6.4 - 10.6
Houston 2.9 - 13.1 - 1

AFC West
Kansas City 13.6 - 3.4
Los Angeles 8.8 - 8.2
Las Vegas 6.5 - 10.5
Denver 5.3 - 11.7

Predicted playoff seeds:
1 Kansas City 13.6 - 3.4
2. Buffalo 12.5 - 4.5
3. Baltimore 11.9 - 5.1
4. Tennessee 10.2 - 6.8
5. Miami 11.1 - 5.8
6. Cincinnati 9.7 - 7.3
7. New York 9.4 - 7.6

The one seed is within reach. Playoff games at home would be ideal obviously
Only if KC stubs their toe against their remaining schedule of lay up games. Meanwhile, we have to weld the gas pedal to the floor if we want to take advantage should that happen.

The 3 game road trip is going to be tough, but if we win 1 of the 2 cali games (after hopefully beating the texans) we'll be 9-4 heading to Buffalo. Ideal scenario for the last 4 games

Remaining AFC contenders SOS through the second Thanksgiving day game:

Bengals (2nd toughest overall, toughest in AFC): .620
New England (4th toughest, 2nd toughest in AFC): .603 (even AFTER the Vikings game, their SOS would be .571, which would still be 4th toughest overall and 2nd in AFC)
Buffalo: (8th overall, 5th in AFC): .557
Jets: (10th overall, 6th in AFC): .534
Miami: (15th overall, 10th in AFC): .507
Tennessee (16th tie overall, tied for 11th in AFC): .500
Chargers (27th overall, 14th in AFC): .438
Baltimore (31st overall, 15th in AFC): .366
Kansas City (32nd overall, 16th in AFC): .364
To me it’s as simple as this; the Dolphins must beat the Bulls in Buffalo. It will be extremely challenging but as time progresses, it does look possible. The Miller injury will really hurt the Bills.

The one seed is within reach. Playoff games at home would be ideal obviously
Would need KC to lose an unexpected one (or two)...but they still have the Bengals on the road and 3 divisional games to go (two against that Denver defense)...so not TOO out of the question to hope.

The 3 game road trip is going to be tough, but if we win 1 of the 2 cali games (after hopefully beating the texans) we'll be 9-4 heading to Buffalo. Ideal scenario for the last 4 games
Not ideal at all...we need to sweep the west coast again like we did a few years back with Tannehill...and those were harder games. If we're who we think we are, we'll win both Cali games.

Boy did the Lions botch that game today. They could have really run that clock down at the end and made it tough for Buffalo, and taken that game to OT.
But whatever. What a tease- I didn't expect Detroit to win, but then I thought they would. Then the game ended how I figured, and I was upset that what I thought would happen did happen when for a second it seemed like the opposite would happen.
No, i will not translate that above sentence to Spanish.
the lions had a chance too at the end... bad clock management cost em... would've been nice to see a bills loss .. oh well, let's hope we take care of our business.. lets go fins

After New England's loss tonight, using ESPN's matchup predictor % chance to win each of the remaining games, ESPN predicts the following final records for AFC teams:

AFC East W L T
Buffalo 12.5 - 4.5
Miami 11.1 - 5.9
New York 9.4 - 7.6
New England 7.9 - 9.1

AFC Central
Baltimore 11.9 - 5.1
Cincinnati 9.7 - 7.4
Cleveland 6.7 - 10.3
Pittsburgh 5.2 - 11.8

AFC South
Tennessee 10.2 - 6.8
Indy 7. 1 - 8.9 - 1
Jacksonville 6.4 - 10.6
Houston 2.9 - 13.1 - 1

AFC West
Kansas City 13.6 - 3.4
Los Angeles 8.8 - 8.2
Las Vegas 6.5 - 10.5
Denver 5.3 - 11.7

Predicted playoff seeds:
1 Kansas City 13.6 - 3.4
2. Buffalo 12.5 - 4.5
3. Baltimore 11.9 - 5.1
4. Tennessee 10.2 - 6.8
5. Miami 11.1 - 5.8
6. Cincinnati 9.7 - 7.3
7. New York 9.4 - 7.6
Miami really can't afford more than one more loss and it needs to preferably come vs an NFC team and not an AFC team.

Not ideal at all...we need to sweep the west coast again like we did a few years back with Tannehill...and those were harder games. If we're who we think we are, we'll win both Cali games.
I respectfully disagree. The 3 divisional games are by far more important down the stretch. If we split the Cali games (preferably win against the Chargers for conference tie-breaker purposes) we're in a great spot heading into those 3 games and the Packers at home on Christmas day. If this team finishes 12-5 with 2 of those wins being against Buffalo, it will win the division

Back
Top Bottom