Dolphins and Terrelle Pryor's scouting grade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins and Terrelle Pryor's scouting grade

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
I didn't see a grade given for Terrell Pryor on any of the other posts and since the supplemental draft is next Monday I thought I would post this. But I wouldn't be surprised if this was moved to another post and lost by doing so.

Anyway the link below has the full goods on him. (Done by OG Draft)

http://ogdraft.com/2011/07/terrelle-pryor-scouting-report/

Here is a summary:

Scouting Report:

Arm Strength

Has a strong arm and is capable of making all the throws....is still inconsistent in this area. Doesn’t have great velocity on his throws... deep balls tend to float despite his naturally strong arm. This is a mechanical issue as he’s often throwing off his back foot and off-balance. Will dangerously lob deep balls in double coverage that can easily be picked off.

Grade: 2.5

Accuracy

Erratic is a perfect word to describe his accuracy. You will not be an accurate passer unless you have proper mechanics and Pryor does not. He can’t consistently hit receivers in stride....He misses on intermediate routes often and his deep balls are usually jump balls that can go either way.... Under pressure his accuracy gets even worse because his footwork gets worse....He’ll need a ton of work on his mechanics before he can become an accurate passer.

Grade: 1.0

Mobility

By far his best asset. Can be dangerous when he takes off with the ball. Has a good burst and has deceptive speed because of his size...

Grade: 4.0

Decision Making

Makes some very bad decisions at times and at best is very inconsistent in this department. Doesn’t usually go through his progressions and will instead look to run if his primary target is not open. Tends to stare down his target until he’s open.... Decision making gets even worse when he’s pressured... Commits himself to running before properly scanning the field a lot of times as well... Lacks the proper knowledge of timing routes and really struggles in this area. He doesn’t anticipate throws and throws passes late to open receivers...

Mechanics

Very poor overall mechanics... Is experienced taking snaps from under center but still lacks the fundamental footwork for his drop backs. He can’t properly do a 3,5 or 7 step drop back. He takes unnecessary steps when coming out from under center which ultimately slows his drop back and throws off the timing...

Pocket Awareness

I was a bit surprised to see that Pryor for the most part handles himself pretty well in the pocket... He can elude sacks and he does have a pretty good feel for pressure. His timing is poor and he still scrambles when he doesn’t have to...

Grade: 2.5

Intangibles

Not exactly a saint off the field but hasn’t gotten in trouble with the law... Known to be immature and his heart and dedication to improve have been questioned. Has recently undergone foot surgery as well. Some say he has the ability to play wide receiver... It would up his value a little bit to some teams that see potential in a 6’5 WR that runs a 4.5.

Grade: 2.0

Overall Draft Grade – 6th/7th Round

Terrelle Pryor is a project. He’s nowhere near where he needs to be as a passer to have any success in the NFL. As of right now hes a 3rd stringer who you let sit and hope he develops one day. The potential is there but you can barely see the light at the end of the tunnel right now. It will take him at least a year or two in the NFL before he’ll be able to fight for a starting spot. ...

Don't think we'll take him. If we do, I doubt it would amount to anything.. not with this FO. Not to knock them or anything, they just aren't known to develop project players too well. If he had the skills I'd say we should take him.. seeing as how Mike Williams had "severe immaturity problems" and he's balling out in Tampa, but you don't know what the upside with Pryor is.

Back
Top Bottom