Dolphins Are League's "least Interesting" Team - Bleacher | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Are League's "least Interesting" Team - Bleacher

You can't operate in a front office capacity of an NFL organization, be tasked with evaluating college talent, and not have paid any attention to what goes on in college football - and not know who can play and who can't only 2 months away from draft day.

Wait....yes you can.

Tannehillism should find its way into the urban dictionary toward senseless adjustment and sports boring.

I'm not surprised we do the cram course scout studying within the final two months. That's exactly what it seems like. Logical number of hits and errors for that type of approach, and notably the completely bizarre rationalizations like claiming Charles Harris while rejecting TJ Watt as not a fit.

Meanwhile if you are aware of these guys throughout their college career and even the high school years then you are also aware of how they were viewed at each point, what the peaks and valleys were, the different schemes, the injuries, the coaching realities and changes, personal issues, and so forth.

It is almost impossible to capture that type of thing while backfitting at the last minute. Errors are inevitable.

For example, how are you going to evaluate Rashan Gary based on 2018 alone, if you weren't following his path and relationship to his peers beforehand?

Scary

Better as in we won’t have to watch a qb who we know isn’t good. Also the last three years the team has been outscored by 243 points which is terrible. The last games that were fun were probably the Houston Tennessee games when Campbell took over.

And if they get Foles or Fitz then this year will be a lot better.

I expect to pick in the top 10 next year. They've openly said we are rebuilding, so if you are expecting them to field a better team than this past year, you may be disappointed in the result.

DqzqJbvVYAA1czO.jpg

I enjoyed the well written article..

"A not so Brief History of Dysfunctionality!"

Common thread

has been

Ross.

We have to hope we have a new winning tradition to weave.

...and Ross is not in it!

I disagree. I am fascinated by the Dolphins. They have clowns in the FO, and have had for decades. Proof positive is the new start-from-scratch approach that seeks to emulate Hue Jackson and Sashi Brown., they want to go 0-16, that's the goal. They do not and have not had a QB to compete, and the GM plainly says he is just now getting into scouting QBs. It's fascinating!

Probably should of started after the Jacksonville game

Probably should of started after the Jacksonville game

Nah man. It's a clown show. He wants to be like Sashi and Hue, those are his idols.
You know the guys who passed on Wentz, Mahomes, to get Ogbah and Corey Coleman, and Myles Garrett. Absolute clowns. That's Chries Grier, same stuff. The Dolphins are a clown show run by clowns.

Perfectly reasonable take. We haven't had any kind of identity for a while now, and I can imagine the rest of the league considered us dull as **** even when we made the playoffs that one time. Those few golden weeks when we brought out the Wildcat were probably the last time we were interesting to non-fans.

And we are going to be the least interesting for at least another 5 years.

Let's be honest. Winning, or being in contention makes a team interesting. To that point, Miami isn't often that interesting, but I don't know about the least interesting.

Kind of ironic that the most exciting play of the entire NFL season (ie Kenyan Drake's Miami Miracle) was made by the "least interesting" team.

The problem was Gore has zero break away speed at this point in his career. As for Amendola, he too scared no one downfield.

I rather players have a ability to take it to the house on any given play. Otherwise you got what we got, 20 pts a game and another wasted year in your adult fan years.

But hey, we've been so bad for so long, some of us will latch onto such trivial things.

You have to look at the roles each of these VALUABLE veterans were asked to fill (even under Gase's lame offensive "system")...

Gore was not brought here for his breakaway speed...one of roughly every six carries he had last year went for first downs. Most of all, he provided leadership and set the example for our young backs...if you asked those backs whether Gore was a positive influence on them, what do you think they would say? I don't see this as a "problem." If you Google Gore info on his 2018 season, you'd see phrases like he "ran like a man possessed." Isn't that what you want as an example on the field and in the locker room?

As for Amendola, he wasn't brought here to "scare anyone downfield." He led by example as well (most receiving yards on the team), and "did his job" (again, limited by Gase) and provided stability to what was a shaky receiving corps as the season went on. Of his 59 receptions, 27 went for first downs. Although that doesn't necessarily "scare" defenses, he served his role on moving the chains a la Edelman for NE. What more did you want him to do?

At "these points in their career," they didn't take any opportunities away from any young player. Again - ask anyone on the team what their veteran presence meant to them, and I'm sure you'd get glowing remarks. I, for one, as a fan, was glad to watch them give everything they had - two selfless teammates simply did what they were asked to do and excelled at it...should we have expected more?

If we only averaged 20 points a game, it's NOT because of these guys and the effort they gave...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom