Dolphins Are Selling Ryan Fitzpatrick Over Josh Rosen At Qb, But Don't Buy It | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Are Selling Ryan Fitzpatrick Over Josh Rosen At Qb, But Don't Buy It

Is it real though? It could be a motivational head game, and by all appearances, it could be working.
He could be saving Rosen from getting killed by the atrocious O-line with the first for games being against Baltimore, New England, Dallas and the Chargers.

Agree with everything except the characterization of Rosen’s performance as mediocre...he had a big mistake....he led 3 scoring drives over 60 yards each.

I think he played better than average and made some big time throws that big time quarterbacks make.
Should had been 4 if it wasn’t for that fumble inside the 30. In the fourth quarter

Mixed feelings about Rosen's performance. Poor protection, some legit starting QB worthy throws, good comp%, YPA and YPC.

On the other hand, a terrible read on interception, threw the ball up for grabs in what would often be a pick on another and most of his numbers were the benefit of a phenomenal performance by Williams on 4 catches.

In the end, Rosen's play definitely didn't scream "I'm the guy," but also didn't shriek "I'm not the guy."

Hard to believe the starting job isn't still up for grabs.

I have often stated I never need to see one snap out of Fitzy this season, and all I'm interested in is Rosen playing (if we can somewhat protect him).

But, I have to admit, when Fitzy was in there I was rooting for him to make plays and do well.

I'm going to chalk it up to the Dolphins uniform he was wearing.

I still want to see Rosen start week one, but my reaction to Fitz out there surprised me.

I have often stated I never need to see one snap out of Fitzy this season, and all I'm interested in is Rosen playing (if we can somewhat protect him).

But, I have to admit, when Fitzy was in there I was rooting for him to make plays and do well.

I'm going to chalk it up to the Dolphins uniform he was wearing.

I still want to see Rosen start week one, but my reaction to Fitz out there surprised me.

Me too! I have no use for Fitz on this team as I view as every snap he takes as stealing from evaluating players who actually might have a future with the dolphins. However, as soon as the whistle blew I was cheering for him when he scrambled for the first down, and upset with him when he didn’t convert. I guess I just can’t root for a dolphin player to fail unlike so many other people do.

Me too! I have no use for Fitz on this team as I view as every snap he takes as stealing from evaluating players who actually might have a future with the dolphins. However, as soon as the whistle blew I was cheering for him when he scrambled for the first down, and upset with him when he didn’t convert. I guess I just can’t root for a dolphin player to fail unlike so many other people do.

I was actually thinking to myself "what the heck is going on with me?" lol

It was exciting!

[QUOTE="Vaark, post: 7959205, member: 23640]

I've said before, it's better that Fitz starts, Rosen stands next to O'Shea on the sidelines watching, listeningLet him sit/stand for a few games.[/QUOTE]

Ardently disagreed with this until watching these poor QBs run for their lives. We can't possibly put Rosen in a similar situation, or worse, than the Cardinals and expect to see a better QB.

Fitz's footwork in the pocket, stepping up and such is going to help the oline and hopefully they'll get more cohesive as the year progresses.

I've done a complete 180 on Rosen. Keep the kid on the sideline until the oline gels some.

[QUOTE="Vaark, post: 7959205, member: 23640]

I've said before, it's better that Fitz starts, Rosen stands next to O'Shea on the sidelines watching, listeningLet him sit/stand for a few games.

Ardently disagreed with this until watching these poor QBs run for their lives. We can't possibly put Rosen in a similar situation, or worse, than the Cardinals and expect to see a better QB.

Fitz's footwork in the pocket, stepping up and such is going to help the oline and hopefully they'll get more cohesive as the year progresses.

I've done a complete 180 on Rosen. Keep the kid on the sideline until the oline gels some.[/QUOTE]
I haven't done any change on Rosen.

I've always said I want him out there yesterday.

I've also said only if we can pass protect.

Nothing Rosen did changed my mind on him.

But the OLine has a ways to go before I'm going to be comfortable putting Rosen behind it.

Unlike many others, I have a hunch Tunsil, Deiter, Kilgore, Calhoun/Reed, and Jesse Davis will ultimately play decent enough for Rosen to survive. Just need to see it.

Not sure why you would trade a 2nd round pick for a QB and not use all 16 games to evaluate him in lieu of a journeyman QB. This team had plenty of needs it could of filled with that pick. If Fitzpatrick starts week 1 i'll be skeptical of Flores.

This used to be be my frame of mind.

Did you see how many jail-breaks that oline allowed? What can we possibly see from Rosen behind that line?

I know its only the first PRACTICE game but that's all we have to go from at the moment.

Starting Fitz is such a waste of snaps but starting Rosen might be a waste of potential because with a line like we saw on Thursday, we might as well strap C4 to said potential- kaplow.

Also, am I the only one who has an ENORMOUS problem with Flores wanting to cool the "gunslinger" mentality?

Wtf?

That's exactly the type of mentality I want in my QB.

Please, powers that be, not another dink and dunk coach. Unless he can create an Edleman...

We just saw what Williams can do with a gunslinger mentality. I don't get it.

Also, am I the only one who has an ENORMOUS problem with Flores wanting to cool the "gunslinger" mentality?

Wtf?

That's exactly the type of mentality I want in my QB.

Please, powers that be, not another dink and dunk coach. Unless he can create an Edleman...

We just saw what Williams can do with a gunslinger mentality. I don't get it.
I think there's been an overreaction to what he was talking about.

Taken out of context?
There are times to take chances, and times not to take chances. Wisdom is knowing the difference.

At first, I thought Flores was wrong, but after giving it some thought, he is probably correct in making a point to Rosen, even if it was a preseason game.

No. I'll refer you to just a few sentences further down in your own post

What he said :funny:...

Lets get the O-Line to a level where it's not going to get our HC charged with Pre-Meditated Murder....
That has no chance of happening this year with the talent they have on the offensive line so they should just play him from the get go.

There are times to take chances, and times not to take chances. Wisdom is knowing the difference.

At first, I thought Flores was wrong, but after giving it some thought, he is probably correct in making a point to Rosen, even if it was a preseason game.

That's completely understandable but you don't want to cool down what we saw from Williams and Rosen. You push that.

Back
Top Bottom