Dolphins Are Selling Ryan Fitzpatrick Over Josh Rosen At Qb, But Don't Buy It | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Are Selling Ryan Fitzpatrick Over Josh Rosen At Qb, But Don't Buy It

This used to be be my frame of mind.

Did you see how many jail-breaks that oline allowed? What can we possibly see from Rosen behind that line?

I know its only the first PRACTICE game but that's all we have to go from at the moment.

Starting Fitz is such a waste of snaps but starting Rosen might be a waste of potential because with a line like we saw on Thursday, we might as well strap C4 to said potential- kaplow.

My counter to that is don't buy the porsche before the garage.

Again it's a matter of opinion, i'd rather see 16 games.

Tunsil didn’t even play that game, so not sure the evaluation was completely reflective of what they will actually be. There are some things they can do schematically that they might not show in the preseason such as chip block from fullback, and double teams with tight ends and what not. However the opposing defenses are also not showing all of their stunts and blitzes and such either.

The line will struggle I believe, but it will be better with our starting LT playing

Oh I’m sure tunsil will help but I wasn’t even talking about left tackle play.

Probably cause I’m just not all that optimistic about how Davis will handle speed off the edge in space. Not to mention his awareness as tackle has to be a ton better than it was at guard. There’s no phone booth.

I’m just losing faith in the player frankly

Not sure why you would trade a 2nd round pick for a QB and not use all 16 games to evaluate him in lieu of a journeyman QB. This team had plenty of needs it could of filled with that pick. If Fitzpatrick starts week 1 i'll be skeptical of Flores.
Aaron Rogers was a first round pick who sat for four years. So a 2nd, meh.

My point was, why does Rosen need this special treatment? He needs to be playing so he can be evaluated. This team is going to have to make a decision about what direction they want to go at the QB position by the end of this season. The offensive line is what it is. It's not going to magically get better over the course of the season. It could actually get worse as the season goes on if they happen to have any injuries to any of the starters. I just don't understand the mentality that Rosen has to be handled with kid gloves. He is now in his second season. He should have made a serious jump from his rookie year. So far I haven't seen that, but this franchise has to figure that out asap.
I agree he needs to be evaluated ASAP but wouldn’t special treatment just be handing Rosen the job because Miami traded a 2nd for him.?

Yes, but they already know what Fitzpatrick is and that's not good enough.
6.46 Any/a the last 5 years.

I’m glad that Flores isn’t listening to the clueless fans. I’m also glad that Flores is playing the best player and not playing a person based on their draft pick. We just went through seven years of watching a **** an Bc he was an 8th overall pick.

I’m glad that Flores isn’t listening to the clueless fans. I’m also glad that Flores is playing the best player and not playing a person based on their draft pick. We just went through seven years of watching a **** an Bc he was an 8th overall pick.

That **** will be starting soon for mariota

Lol. Super Bowl here we com with Fitzpatrick as the savior.

I agree on the one completion where Williams came back....but other than that I think it’s not justified criticism. You want another Tannehill?

The Marino’s and Favre’s will put the ball in places the Tannehill’s won’t....that’s why they are in the hall.

The other completetions to Williams were great throws
Not disagreeing that Rosen made some very nice tight-window throws. Just want to make sure he learns not to throw passes where he is being controlled and his throwing motion can be altered by the defensive rusher. Those will surely lead to INT's early and often once he goes against real defenses.

Being around when the Cowboys drafted Troy Aikman,he was thrown around like a rag doll and had countless concussions and he developed into one of the best. Give this kid a chance. The upside could be huge.

Really???You're picking some arbitrary advanced stat to hitch your wagon to??? Not the zero playoff appearances, or the 50-75-1 career record, the 190/148 td to isn’t ratio, or the 7 teams who have given up on him, or the 10/14 seasons where he could not hold onto the starters spot??? Oh but His any/a contradicts all of that. Sure pal.

Back
Top Bottom