Dolphins Are Selling Ryan Fitzpatrick Over Josh Rosen At Qb, But Don't Buy It | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Are Selling Ryan Fitzpatrick Over Josh Rosen At Qb, But Don't Buy It

His career died that day on the field against Arizona. He was progressing, and in that game, it was obvious the light had finally come on and he was getting to another level...until Campbell...he was never the same.

It did in Miami that’s for sure. Snow ball ever since

His career died that day on the field against Arizona. He was progressing, and in that game, it was obvious the light had finally come on and he was getting to another level...until Campbell...he was never the same.

Yup progressing. How did he do the week before Arizona? He did only have 3 fumbles vs Arizona.

Rosen will start all year, Miami will have 16 games to assess how he performed.

If they loved what he did the Jerry Jeudy needs to he the target, if they didn't like what he did the. Love, Tua or Herbert need to be the target.

If they draft a qb in the top 3 then the next 10 picks need to be OL and WR

Yup progressing. How did he do the week before Arizona? He did only have 3 fumbles vs Arizona.

It’s going to be fun watching the hardcore Tannehill haters abandon their entire football philosophies in favor of OL criticism this season.

It’s going to be fun watching the hardcore Tannehill haters abandon their entire football philosophies in favor of OL criticism this season.

I think Fitzpatrick will do well behind this line.

I think Fitzpatrick will do well behind this line.
I don’t know that anyone will do “well” behind this OL, but Fitzpatrick is definitely ahead in that part of the game right now.

Perhaps. Correct me if I’m wrong here, but I am pretty sure that earlier in his career Tannehill’s numbers against pressure were actually very good. I think years of abuse and injury beat that out of him and really amplified his struggles with pocket awareness. The offensive line was so bad that I honestly believe that there was simply no chance to elude pressure more often than not. It was either step into it and deliver a short strike, or run directly into it and take the sack trying to extend the play. Hopefully Rosen has enough time to at least try and extend the play or let route trees develop, as I don’t see as much talent with the ball when throwing on the run.

His numbers against pressure were good - you're right. Pressure means facing blitzers, having to throw to a hot read, etc... he was good at that - but he was NEVER able to get a feel for the pocket. He would get NAILED a lot where it seemed he had no idea the guy was there. There were times where you couldn't believe he was still holding onto the ball, or tried to escape when the guy was literally about to tackle him. He had no feel, and his awareness of when to move around and how to buy time was BY FARRRRRRRRRRRR his biggest weakness. He was a good QB in every other aspect and improved every single year in some aspect of his game... but he seemed to always be totally inept at "feeling" pressure.

Back
Top Bottom