Dolphins Are Signing Former Cardinals’ First-round Pick Robert Nkemdiche | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Are Signing Former Cardinals’ First-round Pick Robert Nkemdiche

***BREAKING NEWS***

In a strange story coming out of Davie, FL - Miami Dolphins defensive lineman Robert Nkemdiche was found by staff members asleep in the trunk of a car that was somehow on top of the roof of Dolphins Headquarters. According to head coach Brian Flores, no details on exactly how this happened have been attained in the early stages of this development, but coaches feel he will be ready to play Week 1. A spokesperson for the Broward County Sherriff's Office said the department is still investigating this bizarre matter and will update as further details emerge.
This is exactly what I'd be scared of with this guy. He's out there. But understand why Miami took a chance. I wonder if Nkemdiche and Charles Harris have spoken in "Dark Places"?

***BREAKING NEWS***

In a strange story coming out of Davie, FL - Miami Dolphins defensive lineman Robert Nkemdiche was found by staff members asleep in the trunk of a car that was somehow on top of the roof of Dolphins Headquarters. According to head coach Brian Flores, no details on exactly how this happened have been attained in the early stages of this development, but coaches feel he will be ready to play Week 1. A spokesperson for the Broward County Sherriff's Office said the department is still investigating this bizarre matter and will update as further details emerge.
What the actual ****?!

Must’ve been trying to sweat out some body weight haha

Maybe this guy wakes up and actually just focuses on football. He's got incredible talent, we just need to keep him in line.

Two thumbs up for the signing. Cheap, 1st round talent, we need DE help, re-unite him and Tunsil (fun to see them go against each other at practice like old times), etc. There are a ton of red flags on this. The most obvious:

Cardinals were awful and need all the help they can get, and yet they release one of their own recent 1st round picks.

But for a 1 yr deal for a shade over $1 mil....HECK YES bring that man into town. Eager to see him in the Flores locker room and what that does for him.

Expecting very little here.

I am not downplaying the talent, but I personally rather give the opportunity to someone else. We have had a good history of developing late round/UDFA types at DT . . . I don’t think RN deserves this shot over someone else.

And for the slight chance he comes in healthy and puts up his best season as a pro and keeps his nose clean for 1 year on a team not expected to do much, he won’t give a damn about the team that took a chance, he will flex and look to get paid and probably be a headache in the process.

Happy to be proven wrong here and I’ll give coach the benefit of the doubt on taking this shot but I think people are minimzing the risk (influence Tunsil adversely or just do some PR damning stunt) and overstating the reward potential (its still very low coming off an ACL and on a one year deal)

What the actual ****?!

Must’ve been trying to sweat out some body weight haha

When Flores met with the media, he did note that the newly acquired defensive lineman was in excellent physical condition when he emerged from the trunk. "He looked trim", said Flores. "He was in tremendous shape when we got him out of the trunk...looked quick". Construction crews are working to remove the 2007 Nissan Sentra from the roof of Dolphins Headquarters. "I asked a Deputy if I had time to grab a few offensive lineman to stick in there before they were able to completely remove the vehicle,", said Flores.

My son played against him high school, he was a beast. However, I'm not sure he wants it - seems to be aloof like DVP. We shall see. Maybe Coach Flores can get him to up to speed.

And for the slight chance he comes in healthy and puts up his best season as a pro and keeps his nose clean for 1 year on a team not expected to do much, he won’t give a damn about the team that took a chance, he will flex and look to get paid and probably be a headache in the process.

If he plays well and signs elsewhere the Phins still make out with a compensatory pick. There's no real downside unless you think he will have a negative effect because of his attitude or behavior or by taking playing time. And if Flores and this staff really thought there was a whole bunch of untapped potential in this defensive line rotation they would have stayed away.

This is the Patriot blueprint. I doubt he gets much more than a few weeks to prove himself.....hes either going to make a significant contribution or hes going to get cut.

That's the think with scratch-off lotto tickets: Every once in a while, you win big with one.

Back
Top Bottom