Dolphins Are The Lowest Ranked 1-0 Team In Nfl.com's Power Rankings | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Are The Lowest Ranked 1-0 Team In Nfl.com's Power Rankings

Lol the media is going crazy with the Jets because of Darnold, beating the Jets will actually gain us a little more respect.
Doubtful, when we beat the Jets, you can expect the media to come up with "Well Darnold is a Rookie, and these things will happen" which again is great, keep making excuses why Miami won, other then being a good team.

If the fins win then it was against a bad team, if they lose to the same team then it's they were what we thought they were. Give me a break!!!, if they win the next 5 then it'll be some excuse why the other team didn't win, can't help because Mariotta got hurt, Tannehill got hurt in 2016 and people still found fault in him (like he didn't wear his knee brace tighter or something stupid.

Lol the media is going crazy with the Jets because of Darnold, beating the Jets will actually gain us a little more respect.
I suspect beating the jets will not get us that much more media respect. The media is so wound up in self justification, they will say it was a surprise to see a Dolphins win, and go on to say why the Jests should have won. They are like some of the posters on this board, except that don't claim to be Dolphins fans.

Last edited:
I never care about what they have to say, good or bad. It doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is to win your games.

I never care about what they have to say, good or bad. It doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is to win your games.

They shouldn't be saying anything. That's the point about power ratings. I can't imagine ever looking at one that was based on subjectivity and not numbers. It's one of the problems I face in threads like this because when I see the term power rankings I assume everyone is referring to The Gold Sheet or something similar.

Only in recent years as these online writers are asked to fulfill multiple assignments per day are fluff-based personal preference lists somehow propped as power rankings.

The way I see it, this team has a small chance of winning at the meadowlands this weekend. Tannehill is historically bad there, and the Jets are clearly much better than people might have anticipated. Still not a good team by any means, but good enough to beat us.

People giving the jets to much credit, if the lions did not have their qb they would be looking to win a game, and he had a horrible game

It’s easy. Start 3-0 and they take notice. Lose to the Jets and they’ll be where they deserve to be.

It's one game. Dolphins won. Who cares about rankings. Only relevant thing I care about is the win/loss column.

You see teams upset teams ranked higher than they are that don't move past the team they beat. For example the Browns tied the Steelers, but nobody would expect them to close to each other in the polls at this point. Some times it takes one or two games for people to think a team is for real or overrated.
We’re talking about the Titans, not the Patriots or the Vikings or something. The gap is waaaaay larger between the Browns and Steelers than the Dolphins and Titans

We’re talking about the Titans, not the Patriots or the Vikings or something. The gap is waaaaay larger between the Browns and Steelers than the Dolphins and Titans

The Titans were 13th and Miami was 32 on some polls. You're not going tosee a team people view as the worst team in the league moving up too much because of one win. People view one win as a fluke.

Back
Top Bottom