Dolphins Backed Out Of James For Cj Anderson Trade | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Backed Out Of James For Cj Anderson Trade

That's ok..we could get a comp pick or trade him mid season.

Rather have Gore + James then just C.J Anderson
I'm glad we didn't make the trade. Several RB's I like in this draft that we can get on day 2 or even day 3.
As far as getting a comp pick if James leaves as a free agent, don't hold your breath. Big chance we don't get anything for him as we're going to have some cap room and I'm sure we'll bring in more free agents than we lose. Trading him during the season is possible depending on how things are going for the team at that point.

The fact that we would seriously consider a swap of this nature, shows how infatuated Gase is with the players (and coaches) that he has worked with in the past. Whether it's Jermon Bushrod or Julius Thomas or Jay Cutler or David Fales or Ted Larsen or Senorise Perry, etc and in coaching with Dowell Loggains or Jeremiah Washburn or Eric Studesville or Shane Day or Bo Hardegree or Joe Vitt, father-in-law, as his defensive consultant, etc.... , his immediate reaction appears to be - "I know him, therefore we gotta get him" and very few of them have worked out well for the team. CJ Anderson may still be decent but he's on over $4.5m a season but Ja'Wuan James is an emerging O-lineman (provided he is healthy). Much easier to find a decent backup RB than an O-lineman. By recruiting Frank Gore we now have a very good experienced veteran RB to backup Drake, who is better in protecting the QB than CJ and much lower cost (and he still ran for over 1000 yards last year behind a crappy Colts O-line).
Common sense prevails!

Last edited:
Thank god someone shot this down. I'd rather have Gore than CJ relative to the cost. The cost of paying CJ AND getting rid of our starting RT

Back
Top Bottom