Dolphins Bad Luck Continues...a Rant | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Bad Luck Continues...a Rant

LostInPatsLand

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The one year--yes--the one year the Dolphins have a top five pick, the value of the pick is way below average. Why? Why God? :cry:

What is it with our first round picks? Since Shula left, we've had disaster after disaster! No wonder we're picking 2nd. And it's looking crappy again. :cry:

LostInPatsLand said:
The one year--yes--the one year the Dolphins have a top five pick, the value of the pick is way below average. Why? Why God? :cry:

What is it with our first round picks? Since Shula left, we've had disaster after disaster! No wonder we're picking 2nd. And it's looking crappy again. :cry:

We will find out how valuable the pick is on draft day. :D

Didnt a draft expert say that he thinks that thie draft class looks better then last year's?

its not a great QB draft is all... the rest seems about normal..imo

LostInPatsLand said:

Well you can probably put the blame on last two coaches who liked bargain basement deals. At least Jimmy got some return on his defensive picks . Wanny has missed the boat though. Which I am glad that boat finally came in and left with him on it.

From what I've heard about the draft is there aren't a lot of super star type players but it is loaded with mid round talent.

Just like last year, right, where everyone traded up in the draft to get their hands on the top 5 picks. The only major trade was only initiated because Manning did not want to play in San Diego. The Giants had a free but costly shot at him. The Raiders at 2 stayed, as did the Cardinals. You had the Browns go ahead for Winslow, or was it Lions for Williams, but that is very likely to happen in this draft too, with their being 2 TOP flight Wr's. Remember how all these trades happened on DRAFT DAY too. Why are you saying we are unlucky, when our biggest need is Runningback, and there are 3 Super Star backs in the draft. How many went top 10 last year, 0, how many went top 2, 0.

- Actually , many say this top 5 is better than last years top 5.

Talent is deep at RB and that is after the 1st round. I would like to see them trade down , but they should be able to get a stud at 2 if it's a RB , QB or even a WR.

Bad luck is a residue of impatience and lousy value

All the focus here is on the #2. Just imagine if we retained our 2nd round pick and had a full 7 round compliment of picks, or heaven forbid a surplus. Maybe it's just my daily anti-Spielman harangue but damn he deserves it. The one weekend a year you can stock your cupboard with fresh stuff, not leftovers or has-beens, and he thrills to give everything away at significant discount.

Still, I understand your grief. The top of the draft is undeniably weak. Just look at last year. Kellen Winslow and Sean Taylor are undeniable freakish talents, along with Roy Williams. My mother could watch one quarter and isolate them. Yet they didn't even go in the top few picks. This year it looks like everyone is trying to force a RB with average instincts in Ronnie Brown to a higher draft position than those guys managed. That does not compute, to steal a robotic term someone else used here today. QBs are always pushed up due to the franchise nature of the position. But this year it seems like even the non-QBs at the top have legit questionmarks. A great year to have many picks, not one high one.

I don't think it's so bad because the position I want is RB. And there is a RB worthy of the #2 spot (Ronnie Brown).

LostInPatsLand said:

Good lord man...get a grip...you sound like a complete sad sack...

UltraDol-Fan said:
From what I've heard about the draft is there aren't a lot of super star type players but it is loaded with mid round talent.

Exactly. We're not gonna get much of a shot since it's gonna be hard to trade down.

Relax people !

the impetuous mercury 40 is on the job so dont worry about a thing I have it all under control. we are probally going to have one more bad year before we start our colorful journey to becoming a great dynasty , you know the dynasty that we have always dreamed of. and I have really great news gang! we wont be bringing in anymore ex bears players who played under the impotent and clueless wanny.

even more good news, i just saved a wad of money on car insurance, oh wait my truck is totaled and in the salvage yard.:vault:

Back
Top Bottom