Dolphins Bar | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Bar

Yeah just take the place over...that is what we did here in Colorado Springs....we got tired of seeing the Denver Donkeys everywhere...so we took over a bar called Kelly O'Brians and we sometimes have 60 Dolphin fans there at a time. I like watching all the games though so I go to a place down the road that has every game and the best food of any bar I have been too (called the Overtime here in Colorado Springs).

wow. i was just this moment , thinking of where i could watch my fins this weekend. i have DTV nfl ticket, but im having my house remodled, and had to move into an apartment for a couple of months. and i cant have sattelite here. I know the head bartender at a bar right next to 3rd and long, called 515 Bar. I know they have directv. i just called my friend who goes there regularly and he confirmed. Unfortunately, Gary (the bartender i know), doesnt work sundays, but i know the sunday tender and hes cool too. I'm trying, as we speak , to find out if they can put the fins game on one of the HUGE screens there. Its a good place to hang and watch the game. tehy have about 6 LCD tv's (not big screens) and a couple of larger flat pannel screens along with 3 HUGE projector screens. it atrracts alot of bostonians, tho. They show up for the redsox and pats games alot. The food is good and they have 2 big bars. Has anyone who lives in NY ever been there?

I have been to 515....it is right next to the Joshua Tree, correct? By the way, Carls Steaks (Philly Cheese Steaks) right next to there has AMAZING food!

Gotta get the 515 bartender to have the bar designated a FINS BAR!

Hey

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Ramada inn in East Hanover NJ, a hop skip and a jump from NYC!

I didn't realize you had been there yet. Why didn"t you ask Miami Mike for me? Let me know next time you're there.

njfinfan said:
I didn't realize you had been there yet. Why didn"t you ask Miami Mike for me? Let me know next time you're there.

I haven't been for a Fin game yet, but was there last week for a brew when my car was getting worked on. Nice place! When I do come to a fin game, you will be the first one I find!;)

Good job

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I haven't been for a Fin game yet, but was there last week for a brew when my car was getting worked on. Nice place! When I do come to a fin game, you will be the first one I find!;)

You'd better! :D

chcknctlt said:
I have been to 515....it is right next to the Joshua Tree, correct? By the way, Carls Steaks (Philly Cheese Steaks) right next to there has AMAZING food!

Gotta get the 515 bartender to have the bar designated a FINS BAR!

YES the cheese staeks at carls are great. i'm working on it. but besides myself, i only see the occasional fin fan there. but while i'm out of my house and a couple of u guys want to meet there for a few weeks, thats cool with me. I'll get back on here later and tell u if i was successful in securing one of the big screens. but it looks like slim pickins in NYC for a fins bar. I wish there were a fins bar in Queens.

Alright

edsta74 said:
YES the cheese staeks at carls are great. i'm working on it. but besides myself, i only see the occasional fin fan there. but while i'm out of my house and a couple of u guys want to meet there for a few weeks, thats cool with me. I'll get back on here later and tell u if i was successful in securing one of the big screens. but it looks like slim pickins in NYC for a fins bar. I wish there were a fins bar in Queens.

Much as I would like everyone to come to the sportz bar at the ramada I will share something I know with you New Yawkers. My friend and her hubby live in New York. They used to come to the sportz bar, still occasionally do, but they found a place 15 minutes from their house that does show Dolphin games and you actually get volume on them. I don't know New York so I don't know how far White Plains is from the city, but they go to a place in White Plains called The Sports Page on Mamaroneck (sp?) Avenue. I don't know if they have a website, but you can do a search on the net for their phone number.

njfinfan said:
Much as I would like everyone to come to the sportz bar at the ramada I will share something I know with you New Yawkers. My friend and her hubby live in New York. They used to come to the sportz bar, still occasionally do, but they found a place 15 minutes from their house that does show Dolphin games and you actually get volume on them. I don't know New York so I don't know how far White Plains is from the city, but they go to a place in White Plains called The Sports Page on Mamaroneck (sp?) Avenue. I don't know if they have a website, but you can do a search on the net for their phone number.

That's Pagans neck of the woods!

She's doing great

NJFINSFAN1 said:
:hug:

How is your daughter doing?

Went back to school Monday - out today for Yom Kippur. But AJ sent her the cutest Miami Dolphins cheerleader outfit while she was sick and she wore it to pick me up. Representin the Dolphins. When you come bring your son too. Is he a Dolphins fan also?

I know

NJFINSFAN1 said:
That's Pagans neck of the woods!

and I hated to tell them that, but if they're insistent upon not leaving NY, at least let them get to see and hear a fins game. One guy I know lives in the Bronx and he used to have to go to some local bar (I don't know the name) and huddle up at the bar to this teeny tiny tv screen and watch the game with no volume. Of course he smartened up and now comes to the sportz bar.

njfinfan said:
Went back to school Monday - out today for Yom Kippur. But AJ sent her the cutest Miami Dolphins cheerleader outfit while she was sick and she wore it to pick me up. Representin the Dolphins. When you come bring your son too. Is he a Dolphins fan also?

I will, he won't let me go without him. I have to wait until Nov. I'm coaching the HS baseball team he plays on and we play doubleheaders on Sun (what I do for my 14 year old), so I don't get done until 2:00ish. Life as a dad!:cry:

Awesome. I know a guy who comes from Port Jervis with his 12 year old son, Conner. They might hit it off. I don't let Meghan stay during the games because it's so loud and very smoky.

njfinfan said:

thanks for the info NJ. unfortunately, White plains isnt too close to my house. My problem is i like to have a few while i watch the games, so i cant drive. Or else i would def. come to the ramada to catch the fins. its too easy for me to just jump in a cab or the train to NYC to a bar and not have to worry about driving! we should get a party bus to take us to Jersey!!! and take us back of course ;)

Back
Top Bottom