Dolphins beat the jets twice last year, why are they gettin all this hype? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins beat the jets twice last year, why are they gettin all this hype?

Why do the Jets get more hype? They made it to the AFC championship last year and they reside in NY.

God I cant wait for the season to start so these Dolphins vs Jets topics go away.

I think we do but that doesn't mean we will be better or will even be good. I think you guys will be really good as well and we'll be close again. Thiss should be a fun race.

true, the only thing hype means is that a team did well last season, and shouldnt be used as a precursor to the next season. But realistically, you guys took care of business when you needed to and we did not.

Jets fan or not, Junc said it a few posts ago. I would have quoted it but it wouldn't work on my phone. It was #13 I think.

I agree that we beat them twice holds more water, and the colts may have let them in, buy they still won once in.

I think they should be in the conversation as a team, but they won't be able to win like they did last year, because the blueprint is there to beat them. Rex is going to have to be not as stubborn and change with the game. They added those wrs so they have to use them effectivly.

Mark Sanchez is overated though, so it will be up to him to take the next step.

I think we do but that doesn't mean we will be better or will even be good. I think you guys will be really good as well and we'll be close again. Thiss should be a fun race.
I agree, you guys should be getting more hype because you did more last year than us. I don't think you'll be great, but the division race should be fun.

I just dont get it.....they luck out and get in the playoffs and get there by the colts. Superbowl favorites? are ppl crazy? they gotta go threw the colts!

They get the hype b/c they went almost as far as you can get in the playoffs without anyone expecting them to. They've added pieces to the team that should make them better. They have a coach who like his father likes to run his mouth (which gets the media's attention). They do play in New York (okay, not really but the city they rep is NY). And they also are on HBO for a few weeks.

Teams get hyped based on what they did last year. You won't see any of that this year for the Bucs, Bears, Phins, or Redskins b/c those teams didn't do much last year. All it takes is for either/any of these teams to catch lightning in a bottle and I bet next year one/all of them might be the talk of the town so to speak.

They got sliced and diced by Peyon Manning/Colts in the AFC Championship, the team who went on to lose the Super Bowl...Yet they think they're this unstoppable next year. Funny stuff.

We clearly showed throughout the course of a long season that we were the better team

You were crap in the middle of the year and we were crap at the end. Instead of two freebies, we took the Colts and Saints to the mat and lost both. Our final records being 2 games apart isn't quite the canyon you seem to think it is.

I'm getting sick of this too. Not that the Jets are getting hyped, but some Dolphin fans thinking that we should be ranked higher than the Jets.

Geez. Why do you think that the Dolphins will be better than the Jets? Potential? Because, thats all we have at the moment.

Last year the Jets had a winning record. We faltered badly in the home run towards the playoffs. We didnt deserve to be in the playoffs. The Jets did, because they had a better record. They went to the Championship game. We didnt. They had a league leading defence. We didnt.

The only thing we actually had was a better 'rookie' QB. We will continue to have a better QB, because Sanchez IMO will only be an average QB throughout his career.

So, at the moment, we have potential to be a good playoff team. The Jets are there already. The miami defence has the potential to be very good. The Jets defence already is. The Miami offence has the potential to be very very good, because in the past few years, it has been very much below average. The jets offence could be OK, but I think they will struggle at WR. They dont have a Brandon Marshall, and although he has done nothing in Miami yet, he is definately top 5 in the league. How he gels with Henne is obviously very important.

Bottom line is, Miami has really done SFA. It has potential, to be as I said, a playoff caliber team. In a couple of years, they could well be a SB caliber team. The Jets showed lat year that they are a playoff caliber team.

Some here have said that we beat the Jets twice last year. Big deal. That was last year. We lost to the Steelers, Texans, Titans and the Bills. The Bills. A team that finished with 6 wins. We had 7. After last years efforts, do we deserve to be ranked higher than the Jets? Not a chance.

I don't mind people supporting there team, and being vocal about it. But blatant homerism shows the lack of intelligence in some people. And mainly it because we are ranked below the Jets. We have potential, but we need to live up to that potential and have a winning season.

In the meantime, the Jets still have a proven defence, we don't. The Miami offence is below average, the Jets slightly better at this stage. That will change, but in the meantime, and until it does, the Jets are ranked higher than the Dolphins.

And it doesnt bother me. I still hate the Jets.

You do understand that Tampa beat NO last year, right? sometimes the lesser team wins head to head. It happens. We clearly showed throughout the course of a long season that we were the better team and we did something your franchise has not done since 1992 so that's probably why we are getting some hype.

Well they are hyped up because they went to the AFC Championship game.

They added 2 future HOF'ers..

They traded for a Super bowl MVP and a CB with great balls skills

Well Junc now that JT is a Jet will he make the HOF?

Your main agrument before was that since Rickey Jackson was not in that JT would not get in, well that has changed

have you changed your mind?

The old saying goes....the sun shines on a dogs *** every once and a while and teams that are playoff locks pull their starts and good field goal pickers miss chip shots.......didn't time smith rush for over 200 yards in a super bowl? My point is the jests one a couple of road playoff games against two teams that have historic collapses in their past.....big freakin deal......if you didn't win it all nobody cares....have your hype and we will take 3 of the last 4 all day long......ps did you get your 2nd place advanced trophy?

But mark my words, if they fail to AT LEAST make the Super Bowl this year, they will be considered the biggest bust in the leauge. I don't care what anyone says.

Even bigger bust than when Sports Illustrated called the Phins Super Bowl favorites and Miami goes 1-15?

Even bigger bust than when Sports Illustrated called the Phins Super Bowl favorites and Miami goes 1-15?

what year was this? The only recent year we were considered true superbowl favorites was 2006, and we went 6-10

Back
Top Bottom