Dolphins beat the jets twice last year, why are they gettin all this hype? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins beat the jets twice last year, why are they gettin all this hype?

MarshallFin1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I just dont get it.....they luck out and get in the playoffs and get there by the colts. Superbowl favorites? are ppl crazy? they gotta go threw the colts!

Let them keep the hype. They will crumble as the year goes through. Just let the phins quietly prepare and get those Ws. That's all that will matter in December.

I would rather dolphins be under the radar instead of being overly hyped like the jests

Biggest reason they get all the hype was because of Rex Ryan. He came in as head coach, pronounced, and I am para-phrasing here, they aren't scared of nobody and backed the talk up by making it to the AFC Championship game. Doesn't matter how they got in, they still made a deep push in the playoffs.

Now that being said, their big talk this year has marked them with the biggest bullseye in the league. Now I am sure every Jets troll on this board will that that isn't a bad thing, and for now it isn't. But mark my words, if they fail to AT LEAST make the Super Bowl this year, they will be considered the biggest bust in the leauge. I don't care what anyone says.

You do understand that Tampa beat NO last year, right? sometimes the lesser team wins head to head. It happens. We clearly showed throughout the course of a long season that we were the better team and we did something your franchise has not done since 1992 so that's probably why we are getting some hype.

You do understand that Tampa beat NO last year, right? sometimes the lesser team wins head to head. It happens. We clearly showed throughout the course of a long season that we were the better team and we did something your franchise has not done since 1992 so that's probably why we are getting some hype.

You should just put that in your sig. That way you don't have to repeat yourself.

Tampa didn't beat NO TWICE. That argument doesn't hold. It was two separate times separated by quite a few weeks. Not a fluke like you're making it sound like.

The Jets did not "clearly who throughout the course of a long season that we were a better team". They backed into the playoffs with a LOT of help. There is a big difference between making the playoffs (which they deserve credit for doing what they had to) and "clearly being a better" team -which they didn't.

The Jets deserve credit for finishing better but that doesn't make them worthy of this hype. I am not suggesting that the Dolphins have earned any hype yet either. They need to perform to get that. But Super Bowl for a Jets team that may not be as good as last years? Sounds like hype to me.

The Jets are the most over hyped teams in the league. They did make offseason improvements, but I don't think they will be as good as everyone expects them to be. The Jets will be a letdown this year.

Dont you guys get bored of this same crap over and over again?

No one on this board hates the jets worse than I. But with that being said I have to also say I can see the hype. In the NFL you win consistantly by playing great defense, being able to win up front on offense, and great QB play. Strange things can happen during the course of a year, but if those three things are your constants then you will be a favorite to win week in week out.

Now the gliders have a great defense, #1 last year, and if anything it got better in the offseason with the addition of Jenkins back from injury and Cromatie if he can return to the form he was a couple of years ago. Up front they lost Fanica, but only time will tell how big of a loss that really was. But even if it makes a big difference I still think they will be one of the top 5 OLs in football. So that leads us to QB. I really think this is where their weakness will show through. But then again I still can't beleive he was thrown into the fire as a rookie and perform as good as he did. I think he will turn out to be a pretty solid QB. I think Henne will be better by all indications, but from what I have seen as a rookie QB thrown into the NY media, on a team that was getting that much pressure put on it I think he actually performed pretty good. He has a lot to learn, but he learned about as much in his first year as Henne learned in his first two years. With the addition of Marshall I think Henne will be a much better QB than he was last year because Chad didnt really have the weapons to throw to that Sanchez had. But we also must not overlook what getting a Holms does for Mark.

All in all I think a lot has to happen for any team to make it to the superbowl, but if I was a jet fan at this time of the year I would be pretty excited about my team, just like we as dolphin fans are. What I can't see is how someone can look at their roster and say they are a team built to crumble down the stretch. Teams with great defenses and great OLs are not the kinds of teams that go 5-11. They are a team to be reckoned with, and must not be overlooked. But then again that is what is going to make sweeping em again this year so much sweeter. If they really were the joke of a team that some on here seem to think they are, there would be no enjoyment in beating them.

Tampa didn't beat NO TWICE. That argument doesn't hold. It was two separate times separated by quite a few weeks. Not a fluke like you're making it sound like.

The Jets did not "clearly who throughout the course of a long season that we were a better team". They backed into the playoffs with a LOT of help. There is a big difference between making the playoffs (which they deserve credit for doing what they had to) and "clearly being a better" team -which they didn't.

The Jets deserve credit for finishing better but that doesn't make them worthy of this hype. I am not suggesting that the Dolphins have earned any hype yet either. They need to perform to get that. But Super Bowl for a Jets team that may not be as good as last years? Sounds like hype to me.

Ohh it has to be twice?

There's no such thing as backing in, you either win the games you have to or you mis the playoffs. We took advantage of a qtr and a half break just like you guys took advantage of a weak sched w/ dead teams late in 2008. We both didn what we had to do to make postseason except once in we proved we belonged while you guys got humiliated..

On paper we are better than last year(assuming revis is playing) and our HC and QB now have valuable postseason experience. We may suck but we definitely belong in the converstaion as far as favorites in the AFC.

they deserve more hype than we do.

I think we do but that doesn't mean we will be better or will even be good. I think you guys will be really good as well and we'll be close again. Thiss should be a fun race.

Back
Top Bottom