Dolphins believe in Tua Tagovailoa, expect new coach to build around QB, via Ian Rapoport | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins believe in Tua Tagovailoa, expect new coach to build around QB, via Ian Rapoport

Breed is an outlier. Don't bet on any individual becoming an outlier.

It's about odds. What is probable, no what is possible.

I"m of the opinion that the best course is to roll with TT next season, but that type of comparison is really not supportive. In fact, it makes a decent argument against when one goes beyond the surface of the statement.

If a young pitcher has the velocity of Greg Maddox, his chances of being anything close to a HOF talent are very, very, very slim.
This is true, but Tua also doesn't have a 'weak arm'. A QB who has to immediately scramble on 9/10 drop backs is going to have some erratic throws. This isn't a strong/weak arm problem.

I'm not buying this at all! If this were true I don't think any coach would willingly accept a position here...hitching their success to Tua.
Yikes now how foolish would that be! Sure... allow the new coach to "consider" Tua as an option, that's fine. I just don't believe Ross & Grier would be that dense to put these limitations on a new coach.

I'm visualizing this new coach having complete autonomy to choose a Qb that he so desires. This new coach will bring in his guy for "competition" and the Tua days (starting) will be finally over.
Yah 32 jobs in the world who the bleep would want to hitch their wagon to MIA and Tua

Just watch lol

Wait til the news hits you that Tua is sitting on the HC interviews

Per the insider 347

This is true, but Tua also doesn't have a 'weak arm'. A QB who has to immediately scramble on 9/10 drop backs is going to have some erratic throws. This isn't a strong/weak arm problem.
I would agree the two are independent of each other.

That in no way discounts my point though.

A pi$$ poor line is going to negatively affect any QB. That is a separate discussion in my mind that many conflate.

Brees is an outlier. Don't bet on any individual becoming an outlier.

It's about odds. What is probable, no what is possible.

I"m of the opinion that the best course is to roll with TT next season, but that type of comparison is really not supportive. In fact, it makes a decent argument against when one goes beyond the surface of the statement.

If a young pitcher has the velocity of Greg Maddox, his chances of being anything close to a HOF talent are very, very, very slim.
Yeah, but I gave several examples besides Brees in the earlier post. And I wasn't saying because Brees did not have a strong arm that Tua would be a HOF like him, but doesn't mean he cannot be successful all the same. There are plenty of examples of players who don't have strong arms but had plenty of success. Hell, Brad Johnson had the weakest arm ever seen and he won a SB with TB.

Yeah, but I gave several examples besides Brees in the earlier post. And I wasn't saying because Brees did not have a strong arm that Tua would be a HOF like him, but doesn't mean he cannot be successful all the same. There are plenty of examples of players who don't have strong arms but had plenty of success. Hell, Brad Johnson had the weakest arm ever seen and he won a SB with TB.

There you go again….Brad Johnson had one of the top five defenses in NFL history…that carried that team.

And no…Tua’s arm is weaker!

Nope. It's relevant.

You mean if Tua put up the stats you're looking for?

He showed plenty of ability.

No..he didn’t.

He displayed a weak arm and an inability to see open receivers down the field…he continued his habit of ugly turnovers at bad times.

He proved he can hit short passes on the first read…

Again, it isn't about what is possible. It is about what is probable.

I for one have higher aspirations than Brad Johnson. Just because TB won with an outstanding defense, I'm not going to pattern my strategy on that premise.

I'm almost positive you wouldn't either. That's what makes it a bad example.

Nobody wants a meh game manager at QB. I'm not saying that's Tua's ceiling. In fact, my comments had to do with using comps that actually go against what ppl are trying to support. Really has nothing to do with Tua specifically.

It has to do with using outliers to support a position.

Not sure why it is so hard to understand that.

No..he didn’t.

He displayed a weak arm and an inability to see open receivers down the field…he continued his habit of ugly turnovers at bad times.

He proved he can hit short passes on the first read…
The only thing I remotely agree with is ugly turnovers. I am, in fact, worried if he'll be able to play in weather he faced in TEN.

Again, it isn't about what is possible. It is about what is probable.

I for one have higher aspirations than Brad Johnson. Just because TB won with an outstanding defense, I'm not going to pattern my strategy on that premise.

I'm almost positive you wouldn't either. That's what makes it a bad example.

Nobody wants a meh game manager at QB. I'm not saying that's Tua's ceiling. In fact, my comments had to do with using comps that actually go against what ppl are trying to support. Really has nothing to do with Tua specifically.

It has to do with using outliers to support a position.

Not sure why it is so hard to understand that.

It's not you, it's the person "trying" to comprehend.

I am officially confused. I thought Ross came out and said the fate of the QB position would be in the hands of the new coach going forward. Now the new coach will have no say and be hamstrung with a QB he may not believe in?

I am sorry but that is why we are who we are. We always do half measures. We keep a failed GM but fire the coach, now we want a coach to accept certain parameters and be surprised when he fails? I wanted Tua as much as the next guy and have the jerseys, shirts, etc.. to show for it. But I have not seen one special trait that leads me to believe he is the answer.

Strangely enough I think he is tough and gritty, not even worried about the injuries. That being said he is short, doesn't have great wheels, his arm is nothing special. I would love to know what everyone that has watched him see in him that gives them this warm and fuzzy feeling. So we get better linemen, a RB and another WR and he will look like Russell Wilson? We will see.

I would agree the two are independent of each other.

That in no way discounts my point though.

A pi$$ poor line is going to negatively affect any QB. That is a separate discussion in my mind that many conflate.
Yes, just watch Herbert escape the pocket and throw 65 yards on a dime without putting everythig he has into it. Watson is the same, it looks effortless and the ball is on the money, not short. Tuas deep throws are short. wasting the few times we get separation deep. He looks like he is struggling to throw that deep, putting everythign he has into it... maybe its the hip injury? In the NFL you need to be accurate deep if there isnt a ton of separation. I honestly dont know why people cant see that much of Tua's success is attributed to a loaded offense at Alabama with arguably the best coach in college football.

There you go again….Brad Johnson had one of the top five defenses in NFL history…that carried that team.

And no…Tua’s arm is weaker!
There you go again coming up with excuses with every example I give
If you’re gonna keep being a troll no reason to converse
Easy to give examples but you’ll eventually run out of spin doctoring

Back
Top Bottom