Dolphins Believe They Have The Ammo To Move Into The Draft's Top Six. But Will They? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Believe They Have The Ammo To Move Into The Draft's Top Six. But Will They?

THIS! Fins are making sure they cover all their bases. What if the Bills think we are going to steal a QB? We force them to use many of their draft picks to jump in front of us, when we really are fine being at 11.

The Bills are moving up. And they still have plenty more options then the Phins do.

Every team in the league has the ammo to get there if they mortgage their future. The question is which team is dumb enough to do it.

The fact you quote the wonderlic. Come on Vaark. That test is useless.
If it were meaningless, at least some of these QBs scoring that grade or less would be desirable:
Oscar Davenport 6, Vince Young 6, Terelle Pryor 6, Vince Evans 8, Chris Leak 8, Jeff George 10, Tee Martin 11, Eli Robertson 11, Marcus Smith 11, Tobi Karrode 12, Ted White 12, Neil O'Donnell 13, Brad Banks 13, Brock Berlin 13, Rasheed Marshall 13,

Now throw in the very generous and diplomatic description of his whiteboard work being a "project" and you cannot risk an 11 on what you hope is a rare anomaly, especially considering that Gase runs a complicated playbook. I agree that football IQ is different than intellectual IQ, but even so, why would his whiteboard work so unimpressive?

I am on record as saying if we traded down in the 2nd or if he were available in the 3rd, I'm fine with it. Otherwise IMO the potential risk of passing on slam dunks like Edmunds, Fitzpatrick, Vea, Smith, Ward, James and Payne does not justify the hoping that an "anomaly" will work out in the long run.

Look, people speak their minds here about everyone from Tannehill, who regularly gets eviscerated on down. I'm as entitled to my opinion and hope our QB would be at least as smart as me.

I realize it was a long time ago, and more importantly, i know he did not take the test seriously ... but ... didn't Marino also score in the teens on the Wonderlic?

I realize it was a long time ago, and more importantly, i know he did not take the test seriously ... but ... didn't Marino also score in the teens on the Wonderlic?
yes he did but he's one of very few that did and yet was a great QB. Brees and Wilson have been great short QB's but for those two, there's been many more short QB's who didn't make it

Lots of things as fans to consider, hope for and also be concerned.
1. Say we trade this years 1st, 2nd and next years 2nd for that top 5 pick for our QB of the future. That most likely means RT is gone next year and perhaps we can recoup a 2nd or 3rd. It also puts a dent in our ability to aquire talent this year to replace those recently departed teammates. Taking that into consideration we most likely will have a loosing season this year.
2. We stay put aquire more talent this year hope RT stays healthy and see what we got with Gases remade roster of his players. If things work and we have a good season great phins are happy campers. But let's just say they don't and we end up with a very high pick next year. The question is will next year's draft have QB of the caliber of this years draft.
Now if your Gase and Tbum sitting in the hot seat you are looking at one more year of coaching if you gamble on RT and the season goes south for some reason but if you go for that Golden QB this year and even if he is a dud they have 3 more years in the NFL to prove if they were right or wrong.
Personally I hope that we stay the course to see who is worth keeping RT, Gase and Tbum so we can move forward even if we have to backward first.

Sure, we have the ammo to due it.

We just wouldn't have the ammo to do anything else.
on the other hand, this current roster wouldnt get past 8 wins so, again its not stagnent(or rather it shouldnt).

yes he did but he's one of very few that did and yet was a great QB. Brees and Wilson have been great short QB's but for those two, there's been many more short QB's who didn't make it
Very reasonable points. Just wanted to include the counterpoint for the Wonderlic. Part of the reason Marino fell was he was too ****y ... and that is what led to him scoring subpar in the Wonderlic ... he just didn't take it seriously.

If Mayfield or Rosen make it to 6 you can take it to the bank that our logo will pop up on that screen as on the clock.
Word is Rosen is set for a slide come draft day so I hope not.

I still think the Bills jump way up and snag one of them.

Word is Rosen is set for a slide come draft day so I hope not.

I still think the Bills jump way up and snag one of them.
From everything I've read it seems safe to say Rosen could just as easily go #1 overall as he could slide, part of what makes this years draft the most hyped one I can remember in a long time. Its also on local tv for the first time ever, the ratings this year will be insane.

I'd rather we pick where we are now, or try and trade down a couple spots and gain a pick or 2.

Back
Top Bottom