Dolphins Believe They Have The Ammo To Move Into The Draft's Top Six. But Will They? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Believe They Have The Ammo To Move Into The Draft's Top Six. But Will They?

The whole article is based on quotes from the PC...

Every single quotes in there are in response to a direct question specifically asking Grier if they have the ammo to move up...

But, how convenient of the writer to leave out the quotes where the GM clearly says they are indeed looking at a QB, but will NOT reach or overextend for one, right after saying Tannehill is our QB and if one falls, we would consider drafting one...

Now I realize its smokescreen season and all that, I just find it bush league to write that article focusing on biased answers instead of what the GM actually said on the topic...

THIS! Fins are making sure they cover all their bases. What if the Bills think we are going to steal a QB? We force them to use many of their draft picks to jump in front of us, when we really are fine being at 11.

Why are some of you looking at this as a positive? We are lucky that no one else in our division has found a good young franchise QB yet. If all this QB talk really is just for shitts and giggles AKA "smoke screen" then we are essentially helping the Bills make sure they get their guy before we do. Why am I the only one who sees this as a negative?

Is this the thought process?:

"Ohhh we tricked you into trading up to get your franchise QB! Ha Losers! we were planning to draft Vita Vea all along and he's single handily going to win us 5 superbowls because that's what DT's do, they win superbowls. Good luck with your franchise QB, in a QB driven league. What an idiot!"

Wow, being right over the good of the team. Showing true colors. I hope you are joking.

giphy.gif

From everything I've read it seems safe to say Rosen could just as easily go #1 overall as he could slide, part of what makes this years draft the most hyped one I can remember in a long time. Its also on local tv for the first time ever, the ratings this year will be insane.
Yea I'm pretty excited for it, I think we're in a great spot for whatever way we decide to go. And the board ahead of us looks to be breaking down pretty favorably from most of the mocks out there. We should be able to grab a stud on Defense

I want to see them move up to 6 and draft Vita Vea (with Mayfield still on the board), just to watch the meltdown on this forum.

Statistically speaking, the probability that the top rated DT is better than the 3rd or 4th rated QB is very likely.

If the goal is to achieve the highest quality player for the duration of his career, it seems like a wiser decision to draft Vea.

Keep up the good work.

It’s a crazy quarterback heavy draft this year. With a lot of uncertainty about all of them. But a few are outstanding based on the numbers they have put up and some great game tape. Even the second and third wave have some good highlights. Lots of 6’ 2” guys that can throw out there. The AFC East is going to be fun to watch if you are a fan of seeing the guys come in and develop, I think every team is taking somebody this year. There is a diamond in the group that will slip and be the steal. If I am the Dolphins, I draft defense at eleven if I have to stay with that pick and get the guy who helps defend against the guys who will be taken by my opponents and get my guy later.

Statistically speaking, the probability that the top rated DT is better than the 3rd or 4th rated QB is very likely.

If the goal is to achieve the highest quality player for the duration of his career, it seems like a wiser decision to draft Vea.

Keep up the good work.

Agreed. What are the odds 4 QBs just happen to be 4 of the top 6 (a number I picked out of the air) players? I think this has more to do with the focus on QBs and less to do with actual talent.

Wow, being right over the good of the team. Showing true colors. I hope you are joking.

What do you mean by "being right"? That scenario wouldn't make be right. I haven't predicted anything.

But....

A) Why are you so sure it wouldn't be for the good of the team? IMO, drafting BPA in an area of need is what is good for the team and QB is not, IMO, an area of need.

B) Get over yourself, it was a joke.

C) Most of the Tannehaters don't give a rat's ass about the good of the team (IMO, of course).

D) It would still be funny as hell and I would wish for a couple dozen hidden cameras covering some specific posters. I would pay to watch that.

I just say we need play makers and to do that you need your picks. It would be different if our roster talent level was higher then it has currently is. We need a defensive play maker in the first round, and a TE in the 2nd. If we trade up for one player, and give up a 2nd that puts more pressure on the rest of draft that you must be successful on.

Back
Top Bottom