Dolphins Best Moves of the 2022-23 Season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Best Moves of the 2022-23 Season

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
#1- Hiring HC Mike McD I believe he is the best since The Don and will finally add stability to our team.

#2- Adding Hill. It gave us the best pair of WRs in the NFL

#3 Adding Williams & moving him to C This solidified out OL and were actually able to run some

Many more. Next

I'll add signing Armstead. When Armstead was playing, the difference in the Oline was instantly better all season long, that shows you all need to know about that guy.

Also, not going into the season with Gaskin as RB#1 was a good move. Although, that move was pretty obvious to everyone

Those mentioned above are good ones. How aboutā€¦

A. Dumped Palardy for Morested
B. Installed a modern day offense
C. Didnā€™t add Isiah Ford to the roster
D. Fired Flo
E. Attacked free agency with a plan
F. Ran Armando & Omar off the beat

Good post. It was impressive how quickly Miami's passing game became one of the best in the league. That's where McDaniel made the biggest difference this year.

Hill is among the best receivers this franchise has ever had. An incredible difference maker.

The offensive line coach deserves some credit. This unit improved from 32 to around 20. That's a significant jump.

What do people feel about the decision to release Mack Hollins?

I bought into the move after Miami added Cedric Wilson and Trent Sherfield and felt they would more than replace Mackā€™s production in the passing game and special teams.

Surprise! Hollins put up 670 yards and grabbed 4 TDs in LV this season. Collectively, Wilson and Sherfield had less yards and TDsā€”yet cost $8M more. That said, not sure anyone saw that coming and knows whether sustainable.

I still like the upside of Sherfield; hopeful we can trade Wilson and continue to develop Ezukanma. Edwards and Cracraft, too

Hiring OL Coach Applebaum. I thought he did really well all things considered with new ZBS, new starters and many injuries. We were still respectable We finished at #22 with guys named Greg Little and Brandon Shell at OTs. Great choice from McD.

Adding Wilson and Mostert to make a run game. They were not All Pro but played damn well.

What do people feel about the decision to release Mack Hollins?

I bought into the move after Miami added Cedric Wilson and Trent Sherfield and felt they would more than replace Mackā€™s production in the passing game and special teams.

Surprise! Hollins put up 670 yards and grabbed 4 TDs in LV this season. Collectively, Wilson and Sherfield had less yards and TDsā€”yet cost $8M more. That said, not sure anyone saw that coming and knows whether sustainable.

I still like the upside of Sherfield; hopeful we can trade Wilson and continue to develop Ezukanma. Edwards and Cracraft, too
It's definitely a good question. I wonder if it has more to do with the volume Hill and Waddle "received" in the passing game?

Clearly McDaniel wanted to get the ball in the hands of his playmakers as often as possible.

Kind of the same question with Gesicki.

Last edited:
Good post. It was impressive how quickly Miami's passing game became one of the best in the league. That's where McDaniel made the biggest difference this year.

Hill is among the best receivers this franchise has ever had. An incredible difference maker.

The offensive line coach deserves some credit. This unit improved from 32 to around 20. That's a significant jump.
Agreed. Hill is an already a first ballot HOFer. His body of work is absolutely ridiculous

Those mentioned above are good ones. How aboutā€¦

A. Dumped Palardy for Morested
B. Installed a modern day offense
C. Didnā€™t add Isiah Ford to the roster
D. Fired Flo
E. Attacked free agency with a plan
F. Ran Armando & Omar off the beat
not having flores, mando and omar around was great for sure

Adding Wilson and Mostert to make a run game. They were not All Pro but played damn well.

Miami was 28th in total rushing yards last season. Can we please stop pretending Wilson and Mostert were good?

Back
Top Bottom