Dolphins Best Options In Weak Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Best Options In Weak Draft

I don't think that our biggest needs are OT, QB and WR. I think we need OT, QB, CB, LB, DT, WR, DE. With possible implications to include JT contemplating retirement as early as 2008 and the age at DT and LB. At the #9 spot I think we could take any of these positions. Furthermore, I would start looking for help at Center and Guard as early as round 2.

Taylor is most likely stayin around, and with the emergence of Matt Roth, DE is not a need.

no, but our pick doesn't look as good to some because there won't be a LT to take, and unless Brennan is seen as a top 10 pick (may or may not), that limits our options a bit.

At #9 there should be a pretty good defensive player sitting there....but then again our defense wasnt the problem this year. Thats why Id love to trade up into the top 6 somehow (and from #9 its not that much of a stretch)

At #9 there should be a pretty good defensive player sitting there....but then again our defense wasnt the problem this year. Thats why Id love to trade up into the top 6 somehow (and from #9 its not that much of a stretch)

Pass coverage was the weakest link to the unit's performance. If S or CB is there at #9 (assuming you cant find a partner and trade down....I dont see value in trading up this year for what it will cost), and you feel WR's, QB's, and OL will drop or provide better value of return in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, you can easily justify taking defense in round 1.

It's definately not a weak draft class. It's exactly what ChambersWI said, "definatly not a weak draft, just not a top heavy draft." There is plenty of value in the rounds where championships are won; 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds. I agree that the QB position is weak in this year's draft, but the T, DT, LB, WR, and DBs will have plenty of talent available in these rounds.

Pass coverage was the weakest link to the unit's performance. If S or CB is there at #9 (assuming you cant find a partner and trade down....I dont see value in trading up this year for what it will cost), and you feel WR's, QB's, and OL will drop or provide better value of return in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, you can easily justify taking defense in round 1.

Although I like the personnel we have at secondary, pass coverage was our only issue on defense, but I don't think we should make drastic changes back there. We have youth, and these guys are fast. We give them another year together and I bet we see improvement in pass coverage. I agree we should add one more person to the secondary, but not through the draft. I say we sign Asante Samuel in March to team up with Will Allen as our DBs. That will make Andre Goodman/Travis Daniels our nickel/dime backs.

yes... the weakest position on this defense is the secondary which can be address in free agency but the offense was pitiful, averaging 16 point per game. Dont you think its time to address this problem, when you have 29th ranked offense and you have the 4th ranked defense and still you won just 6 games. its funny cuz everyone's blaming this past season on CPEP, Mularkey, chambers, OL and you know why cuz this offense STINKS it lacks toughness and playmakers it needs. come on ...let help our defense for a change they cant do it all.

branch and hall

I disagree with your statement about DE and DT. Adams and Anderson are both worthy of going top 10.

As for Branch, If he's there I think we'll take him. Your putting too much hope in 3 7th round selections (2 of which have not played a snap in the NFL, one of whom is coming off of serious should surgery), another DT that might not be back with the team because of his personal problems, and an older DT that finished the season on IR, and was a major disappointment when he played. Plus, Branch is a freak of nature at DT. 6'6, 335 runs, and runs a pretty fast 40 time for a big guy. He also gets great penetration, and is very smart (great at recognizing screens). Besides, our 3 7th round DTs are not that big.

neither branch or hall impressed me in the souther cal game. if we're able to keep most of our d-line intact and one of the young dts step up then there is no need to draft a dt. roth has done pretty good with the opportunities he's gotten and taylor will be around for at least two more years especially if we start winning again, so need to address the d-line this year.

if alabi is a rising star as saban predicted there there is no need to draft a ot, not that i have much faith in saban's ability to evaluate talent considering his jason allen selection and his constant revolving door with the practice squad.

rb is seemingly out unless we've given up on the ricky thing. no 4-star tightend prospects. that leaves the skill positions and playmakers that we need: WR, CB, S, LB, QB

If Ginn jr impresses during his workouts he is our man. If not and Jarrett impresses more than Ginn jr then we'll take Garrett. Other than that we're looking at CB Marcus McCauley (supposedly has all the speed and skills), Landry at S, and whover is the best outside linebacker prospect.

If Quinn falls I hope we don't take him, but he's also a possibility at QB.

neither branch or hall impressed me in the souther cal game. if we're able to keep most of our d-line intact and one of the young dts step up then there is no need to draft a dt. roth has done pretty good with the opportunities he's gotten and taylor will be around for at least two more years especially if we start winning again, so need to address the d-line this year.

if alabi is a rising star as saban predicted there there is no need to draft a ot, not that i have much faith in saban's ability to evaluate talent considering his jason allen selection and his constant revolving door with the practice squad.

rb is seemingly out unless we've given up on the ricky thing. no 4-star tightend prospects. that leaves the skill positions and playmakers that we need: WR, CB, S, LB, QB

If Ginn jr impresses during his workouts he is our man. If not and Jarrett impresses more than Ginn jr then we'll take Garrett. Other than that we're looking at CB Marcus McCauley (supposedly has all the speed and skills), Landry at S, and whover is the best outside linebacker prospect.

If Quinn falls I hope we don't take him, but he's also a possibility at QB.

1.Hall and Branch were two of the only bright spots for Michigan against USC (Hall missed a tackle on DJ, but his safety missed an assignment).

2.Roth is not a DT, and even with his improvements, we need another pure pass rusher. Someone like Adams or Anderson in the first, or Moss/Johnson in the 2nd would be looked at.

3.Ginn will not go above 5, and if he does the team who drafts him will be very disappointed. Most scouts look at him as a Troy Williamson clone on offense, and no team will draft a return man very high.

4.If we draft McCauley at 9, I'll be ticked, all the tools in the world but horrible production. He got benched this year as well.

Taylor is most likely stayin around, and with the emergence of Matt Roth, DE is not a need.
DE in a 3-4 is a need because not only do you have Jason Taylor to consider you also have the aging but outstanding Kevin Carter as well. David Bowens is a free agent. A pass rushing DE/LB for the 3-4 is what we really need kind of like Jason Taylor or Merriman without the steroids and the small *****.

I disagree with your statement about DE and DT. Adams and Anderson are both worthy of going top 10.

As for Branch, If he's there I think we'll take him. Your putting too much hope in 3 7th round selections (2 of which have not played a snap in the NFL, one of whom is coming off of serious should surgery), another DT that might not be back with the team because of his personal problems, and an older DT that finished the season on IR, and was a major disappointment when he played. Plus, Branch is a freak of nature at DT. 6'6, 335 runs, and runs a pretty fast 40 time for a big guy. He also gets great penetration, and is very smart (great at recognizing screens). Besides, our 3 7th round DTs are not that big.

DUDE! why dont PPL understand this! BRANCH DOES NOT HAVE THE POWER/STRENGHT FOR A 3-4 NT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP SAYING BRANCH PPL!!!!!!

DUDE! why dont PPL understand this! BRANCH DOES NOT HAVE THE POWER/STRENGHT FOR A 3-4 NT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP SAYING BRANCH PPL!!!!!!

he would play DE in a 3-4, BUT FOR THE LAST TIME, WE DON'T RN A 3-4 DEFENSE!!! why don't you understand this? The only DE we have that ever lines up as a OLB is JT. Nobody else. enought with the 3-4 crap, we don't run a 3-4

Back
Top Bottom