Dolphins better lose vs Washington | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins better lose vs Washington

I want the win. And I want to beat the jets twice too. And the Bengals... We can fight over who we pick in the draft when the season is over... Fun times ahead...

If we can turn a good LT tunsil into a Cornerstone LT,LG and RT thats worth the gamble.. I personally didn't think Tunsil was that good while i thought minkah had potential but when a player wants out you gotta trade him or you risk getting ZERO in return for them when they refuse to resign with the team.

Grier is doing a great job with the hands he is dealt
It's going to be a 25ish pick this year so maybe a center or a guard. Next year we have 2 of their picks so probably 25 and 50? I could see us getting 2 good Interior lineman and maybe a running back but no way a left tackle. But I take the trade all day Tunsil wasnt joe Thomas or Jake long good in my opinion.. we wont know until 3 -4 years if it was worth it

you’re not in the majority, not at all. Going 0-16 leaves a permanent stain on our storied franchise and a lot of us who were around to see the glory years want no part of that.

In the grand scheme of things, does it really? We went 1-15, and the following year went 11-5 and made the playoffs for the first time in 7 years. This season is ruined. The difference between a win or two, versus a winless season means nothing the second the season ends. Of course I love this team, and want to see us win, but the wheels are already off this season, and if going 0-16 poises us to either draft a franchise QB, or trade out for a ransom of picks, I think the choices here are pretty clear...1 day of feeling good, or moves that could set us up for a decade or more.

In the grand scheme of things, does it really? We went 1-15, and the following year went 11-5 and made the playoffs for the first time in 7 years. This season is ruined. The difference between a win or two, versus a winless season means nothing the second the season ends. Of course I love this team, and want to see us win, but the wheels are already off this season, and if going 0-16 poises us to either draft a franchise QB, or trade out for a ransom of picks, I think the choices here are pretty clear...1 day of feeling good, or moves that could set us up for a decade or more.

I find it very ironic that you can easily forget the past yet sport a perfectville avatar. Maybe you have one of those personalities that can block out all the bad and only remember the good? If so kudos to you. i simply do not want to be any part of historically bad. The difference between 0-16 and 1-15 is vast. Nobody remembers the 1-15 teams but even the casual fans can tell you about the lions and browns going winless.

Maybe it would be easier with a proven superstar GM, however Grier can mess up the first pick just as easily as the third or fifth pick. Plus there’s a chance that Tua wants no part of a putrid team and pulls an Eli/Elway. So no thanks, play hard and get that win.

you’re not in the majority, not at all. Going 0-16 leaves a permanent stain on our storied franchise and a lot of us who were around to see the glory years want no part of that.

Then you're part of the problem, to be honest. I have tremendous respect for the perfect team but that was years ago, in entirely different era in both the USA as well as the NFL.

I want to see the Dolphins win now. I want them to identify the top guy, and go after him

<<Maybe it would be easier with a proven superstar GM, however Grier can mess up the first pick just as easily as the third or fifth pick. Plus there’s a chance that Tua wants no part of a putrid team and pulls an Eli/Elway. So no thanks, play hard and get that win.>>

* This is pretty baseless speculation to push your own agenda. Yes, those are all possible. Team could get hit by a meteor. So don't play the games?

Tua is a much better prospect than anyone else we can get at 2nd or 3rd overall.

Then you're part of the problem, to be honest. I have tremendous respect for the perfect team but that was years ago, in entirely different era in both the USA as well as the NFL.

I want to see the Dolphins win now. I want them to identify the top guy, and go after him

<<Maybe it would be easier with a proven superstar GM, however Grier can mess up the first pick just as easily as the third or fifth pick. Plus there’s a chance that Tua wants no part of a putrid team and pulls an Eli/Elway. So no thanks, play hard and get that win.>>

* This is pretty baseless speculation to push your own agenda. Yes, those are all possible. Team could get hit by a meteor. So don't play the games?

Tua is a much better prospect than anyone else we can get at 2nd or 3rd overall.

I’m pushing my agenda??? Really you don’t see the hypocrisy there? Also I’d absolutely love to hear how I’m part of the problem! How exactly do my rooting interests impact the success or failure if the Miami Dolphins??? Please, oh please, attempt to explain this. Finally you cap your ludicrous post off with that meteor metaphor. Seriously??? Look if you haven’t heard or even thought about the distinct possibility of Tua say no thanks to the Dolphins then you sir are in some serious denial. The precedent is there with Eli/elway, his family is an enormous pain in the ass, and there is a small possibility he could return for his senior year. Again if losing were a guarantee for Tua then, maybe, just maybe it’s worth it. However it’s definitely a crap shoot and it’s one I personally don’t feel comfortable with.

Have you been to a game recently?

People want to see the team play well and win games. The word tank at most is a coping mechanism for losing but that stadium and tailgate are full of Dolfans that want to win games.

It is very different from the online community for the most part.

That's very sad to hear. A fan base who is short sighted and doesn't have a clue.

The fans get exactly what we, as a whole, deserve.

No matter what, this game is going to be a measuring stick of how bad we really are.
There is a chance that Washington plays so poorly that they refuse to let us lose. Turnovers deep in their own territory...muffed punts....dumb interceptions. We can win and still be as bad as we were previously.

I find it very ironic that you can easily forget the past yet sport a perfectville avatar. Maybe you have one of those personalities that can block out all the bad and only remember the good? If so kudos to you. i simply do not want to be any part of historically bad. The difference between 0-16 and 1-15 is vast. Nobody remembers the 1-15 teams but even the casual fans can tell you about the lions and browns going winless.

Maybe it would be easier with a proven superstar GM, however Grier can mess up the first pick just as easily as the third or fifth pick. Plus there’s a chance that Tua wants no part of a putrid team and pulls an Eli/Elway. So no thanks, play hard and get that win.
I remember how great I felt when we beat the Ravens in '07. Going 0-16 would have been devastating. I know that team wasn't designed to fail but going 0-16 is, like you say, absolutely humiliating and embarrassing. 1-15 is what I'm hoping for this year.

That's very sad to hear. A fan base who is short sighted and doesn't have a clue.

The fans get exactly what we, as a whole, deserve.

Yea I disagree.

The fans can’t control the outcome, outside of being a noise factor when the opposing team is on offense. Fans pay money out of their pockets to go to a game on Sundays and have a good time and hopefully watch the team win a game.

Why should a fan that roots for a team’s success deserve to witness a losing product on the field? Give people more credit, most of them fully understand this is a rebuilding year and they are all for it . . . Doesn’t mean they have to boo their team for playing well and winning a game either.

Online fans lean too much on analytics, probability and what ifs . . . The local fan that goes to the games are their to have a good time with friends and family, watch a football game and eat good.

It definitely is a lot healthier considering neither party has any control over the future decisions.

Yea I disagree.

The fans can’t control the outcome, outside of being a noise factor when the opposing team is on offense. Fans pay money out of their pockets to go to a game on Sundays and have a good time and hopefully watch the team win a game.

Of course fans don't have total control of what happens on the field. And bringing up that fact is totally irrelevant to my point.

What I'm talking about is what a fan should be rooting for this season as it pertains to the FACT that the team is tanking. Doesn't have anything to do with who or what is controlling the results of the field.

If you are a fan rooting for this team to win games this season you either don't have a clue of the direction this team is taking or you are so selfish and short sighted that you want wins right now for instant gratification. Sacrificing this season is all about the long term success of this football team. Rooting for wins literally goes against all of that. My statement stands. We get exactly what we deserve.

Why should a fan that roots for a team’s success deserve to witness a losing product on the field? Give people more credit, most of them fully understand this is a rebuilding year and they are all for it . . . Doesn’t mean they have to boo their team for playing well and winning a game either.

Online fans lean too much on analytics, probability and what ifs . . . The local fan that goes to the games are their to have a good time with friends and family, watch a football game and eat good.

It definitely is a lot healthier considering neither party has any control over the future decisions.

Why shouldn't a fan be rooting for this team to lose out to help it down the road? They are 0-4. The season is done. It was actually done before it started because of the roster purge but thats neither here nor there.

To address fans who paid money this year buying season tickets and spending money at the stadium: You are suckers if you thought this team would be competitive this year. So stupid to waste your hard earned money on tickets for a team that the owner himself said was going to be rebuilding. You got exactly what you paid for.

I am local. Ive owned season tickets before. I will not be dropping another dime on this team until they start doing things the right way. Other fans will not get my sympathy for flushing their cash down the toilet on this franchise.

Of course fans don't have total control of what happens on the field. And bringing up that fact is totally irrelevant to my point.

What I'm talking about is what a fan should be rooting for this season as it pertains to the FACT that the team is tanking. Doesn't have anything to do with who or what is controlling the results of the field.

If you are a fan rooting for this team to win games this season you either don't have a clue of the direction this team is taking or you are so selfish and short sighted that you want wins right now for instant gratification. Sacrificing this season is all about the long term success of this football team. Rooting for wins literally goes against all of that. My statement stands. We get exactly what we deserve.

Why shouldn't a fan be rooting for this team to lose out to help it down the road? They are 0-4. The season is done. It was actually done before it started because of the roster purge but thats neither here nor there.

To address fans who paid money this year buying season tickets and spending money at the stadium: You are suckers if you thought this team would be competitive this year. So stupid to waste your hard earned money on tickets for a team that the owner himself said was going to be rebuilding. You got exactly what you paid for.

I am local. Ive owned season tickets before. I will not be dropping another dime on this team until they start doing things the right way. Other fans will not get my sympathy for flushing their cash down the toilet on this franchise.

I mean the original point was that if the team won on Sunday, the poster wouldn’t be surprised if the fans booed the team.

Going to a few games every year and talking to local Dolfans, I just don’t see that as plausible. Which was my original response.

Fans are embracing the “tank”, but the confusion comes from people thinking that embracing the tank means you can’t be cheerful if the team plays well or even wins a game or be upset when they make mistakes and not chalk it up to “who cares they are tanking”. The “tank” happened already, they cut the deadweight, are utilzing young players and now are attempting to learn how to put it all together and eventually win a game or 2.

We cant control any of that stuff, so why not have a good time on Sundays at the stadium and be “a fan” for your team and root for success, while also realizing the current process?

The team is gonna win or lose whether I choose to pout in the stands or cheer them. Has nothing to do with being shortsighted or not understanding what is going on.

I mean the team was 1-4 in 2016 before going on a massive 9 out of 10 winning streak to make the playoffs. I agree, this won’t happen with this group but lets not pretend 0-4 is a definitive death sentence to a season either.

If it was all about wins and losses, then I would agree season ticket holders are and have been suckers since Marino retired. But there is a whole game day experience that needs to be factored in, that many people enjoy in spite of the teams lack of success. If you weren’t that type when you had season tickets, then I understand why u dropped them . . . . But I think it also shows just how out of touch you are with other fans that decide to get them and continue getting them.

Tickets are expensive, give them more credit than insisting they are flushing money down the toilet . . . .many of these people have tough work weeks and they look forward to Sundays from 9-4 where they can eat, throw the football around, interact with people and watch a game, win or loss, they are having a great time. To insult them because of this good time they have seems real silly.

people DO realize that Rosen is a very talented young QB with "franchise" type potential...right? And that if you lose out on "generational" Tua it's likely a blessing in disguise and we'll STILL have multiple high first rounders to surround him with talent? How can anyone watch Rosen and not see he exhibits elite QB attributes? He's borderline elite in the pocket with his ability to climb up and slide around while keeping great footwork and his eyes down the field. He can make every single throw you could ask for with a quick release. I swear people can't separate the talent from the result. If we beat the Redskins it'll be because Rosen has steadily improved and raise the level of play from his league worst surrounding cast. He's already making the offensive line better. His WR have let him down but at least they're getting open. If they catch the ball v DAL we may have won that game. So, no. I will be ecstatic if Rosen does well and we beat the Redskins because it'll likely signal we've finally, after decades, found our franchise QB and we throw all our support behind him.

Back
Top Bottom