Dolphins Bringing Back Devante Parker - 2 Year Contract

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
2 yrs/13 mil puts Parker in the same pay range as Robert Woods, Mohammed Sanu, Taylor Gabriel, Marquis Goodwin and Corey Davis.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/wide-receiver/

It looks like he is now the 36th highest paid WR in the league. So his new contract is paying him WR #2 money roughly, but he is the #3 highest paid WR on our team behind Stills 4 yr/32 mil and Wilson 3 yr/24 mil.

It's a great price for the ceiling we have seen with Parker.
It's a medium to high price for the realistic injuries/inconsistencies we have seen with Parker.
1 yr/5 mil cut and run price...I'm okay with that.

Former 1st round pick, new coaches that like him, flashes, I understand the desire to see what they can do with him but really wish we paid a little less to keep him.
He's gonna have to play real well in order to get the whole 13mill in which case it'd be worth the money.

Hoot

Keeper of the Old Code
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
He's gonna have to play real well in order to get the whole 13mill in which case it'd be worth the money.
It's a great price for the ceiling we have seen with Parker.
It's a medium to high price for the realistic injuries/inconsistencies we have seen with Parker.
1 yr/5 mil cut and run price...I'm okay with that.
Yup.

hoops

exited stage left
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
This is much better than the deal the GB Packers just gave Billy Turner. 4 Yrs/$28 Million. $11 Million in year 1. Ted Thompson is tanking. LOL

Can’t say I’m surprised. Turner got scapegoated in Miami

Hoot

Keeper of the Old Code
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I wonder if OC Chad O'Shea sees a project with similar traits to Josh Gordon whom he worked with last year. O'Shea had to sign off on this I would imagine, or given the thumbs up from his end of things.

JahnDho

Active Roster
Reaction score
I love it when people say he has 2 years to prove himself...what we’re his first 4 years for?!?!

Fresh start, maturity and growth, cap space to kill, upside...just goes to show how much the NFL loves size. If he were 5’11 185 he’d been released last year. His work ethic sucks. He doesn’t play hurt. I’d be willing to bet he’s released this time next year.

My only hope is that he starts hot, they resurrect his value and they have the wherewithal to trade him.

Last edited:

Gonzo

Who dat?
Administrator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
"see what he can do." If the staff can't tell what he does from the plethora of tape and crippling paper cuts he suffers, then we're (Your mom likes these words. Not sorry)ed regardless.

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Very unexpected. Parker has always been talented, but production hasn't been there. I guess the new staff sees something.

Dolphinitis

Active Roster
Reaction score
hes taking a spot away from someone who can actually play.
Who really cares? He's terrible. We're going to be terrible. By time we turn this ship around, he'll be gone.
yeah but hes taking up a spot that should go to a young player with talent.

jazz015

Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
"see what he can do." If the staff can't tell what he does from the plethora of tape and crippling paper cuts he suffers, then we're ****ed regardless.
"vantae what Happened?"
"That man tackled me and it hurt my fingernail"
"this is football toughen up"
"I'm injured now, I'll sit on the bench"

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
i really hope the new staff could get him to reach his potential...ive always said hes so frustrating because he will make a ridiculous acrobatic catch then disappear for 3 quarters and hes always dinged up..

its not a bad deal, im ok with it...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Top Bottom