Dolphins Bringing Back Devante Parker - 2 Year Contract | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Bringing Back Devante Parker - 2 Year Contract

2 yrs/13 mil puts Parker in the same pay range as Robert Woods, Mohammed Sanu, Taylor Gabriel, Marquis Goodwin and Corey Davis.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/wide-receiver/

It looks like he is now the 36th highest paid WR in the league. So his new contract is paying him WR #2 money roughly, but he is the #3 highest paid WR on our team behind Stills 4 yr/32 mil and Wilson 3 yr/24 mil.

It's a great price for the ceiling we have seen with Parker.
It's a medium to high price for the realistic injuries/inconsistencies we have seen with Parker.
1 yr/5 mil cut and run price...I'm okay with that.

Former 1st round pick, new coaches that like him, flashes, I understand the desire to see what they can do with him but really wish we paid a little less to keep him.
He's gonna have to play real well in order to get the whole 13mill in which case it'd be worth the money.

He's gonna have to play real well in order to get the whole 13mill in which case it'd be worth the money.

It's a great price for the ceiling we have seen with Parker.
It's a medium to high price for the realistic injuries/inconsistencies we have seen with Parker.
1 yr/5 mil cut and run price...I'm okay with that.

Yup.

This is much better than the deal the GB Packers just gave Billy Turner. 4 Yrs/$28 Million. $11 Million in year 1. Ted Thompson is tanking. LOL

Can’t say I’m surprised. Turner got scapegoated in Miami

I wonder if OC Chad O'Shea sees a project with similar traits to Josh Gordon whom he worked with last year. O'Shea had to sign off on this I would imagine, or given the thumbs up from his end of things.

I actually like this a lot. And hearing how badly he wanted to be here, we've got to pull for him to turn it around.

I love it when people say he has 2 years to prove himself...what we’re his first 4 years for?!?!

Fresh start, maturity and growth, cap space to kill, upside...just goes to show how much the NFL loves size. If he were 5’11 185 he’d been released last year. His work ethic sucks. He doesn’t play hurt. I’d be willing to bet he’s released this time next year.

My only hope is that he starts hot, they resurrect his value and they have the wherewithal to trade him.

Last edited:
Who really cares? He's terrible. We're going to be terrible. By time we turn this ship around, he'll be gone.

"see what he can do." If the staff can't tell what he does from the plethora of tape and crippling paper cuts he suffers, then we're ****ed regardless.

Very unexpected. Parker has always been talented, but production hasn't been there. I guess the new staff sees something.

hes taking a spot away from someone who can actually play.
Who really cares? He's terrible. We're going to be terrible. By time we turn this ship around, he'll be gone.

yeah but hes taking up a spot that should go to a young player with talent.

"see what he can do." If the staff can't tell what he does from the plethora of tape and crippling paper cuts he suffers, then we're ****ed regardless.
"vantae what Happened?"
"That man tackled me and it hurt my fingernail"
"this is football toughen up"
"I'm injured now, I'll sit on the bench"

i really hope the new staff could get him to reach his potential...ive always said hes so frustrating because he will make a ridiculous acrobatic catch then disappear for 3 quarters and hes always dinged up..

its not a bad deal, im ok with it...

Back
Top Bottom