Dolphins Built to Win or Lose Games? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Built to Win or Lose Games?

Dolphins Built to Win or Lose Games?

• Total voters
Welp, there goes my clever response..... maybe I should stop drinking. And you know what I’m going to keep my “win” vote because I feel like going against the grain.

YOu don't have a choice. The poll was set to disallow vote flip-flopping.

:biggrin

I have to vote that it was built to lose because if this was a good faith effort to be competitive, we’re in a lot of trouble.

If the coaches thought our OL and DL were good enough to be competitive then we're in serious trouble.

It’s a process. It was built to start with a clean slate and not have much of a chance to win games. At the same time - and after getting rid of all the big contracts - the idea seems to be to see who can play and be part of the future. All good. Just don’t **** it up now.

Why, is the forum running out of threads?

I just thought it would be interesting to get everyone on record. There are people who believe this team is trying to win games. I'd like to hear their reasons why they think that's the case when the overwhelming majority of fans agree that the team is in the tank.
But there is a nuance. The coaches and players are absolutely trying to win in 2019. The FO built a roster to try to get young talent over the next two+ years and win consistently starting in 2021ish.

I don't think the team is built to win. They are fielding a team of mostly backup type players. Non of the players in the Secondary with the exception of Xavien Howard are starter worthy. At LB, McMillan and Baker can potentially be considered starting material. But not for many teams. The Defensive Line has Godchaux and Wilkins who could start for most teams. The Offense is made up of career backup type talents. With the exception of William's and Boehm no one is starting material. Sadly, but they are playing hard.

I don't think it's a binary choice honestly. They just make due with opportunities presented to them.

I'm just curious to see who out there thinks this team was built with the intention of winning football games, and who thinks this team was built with the intention of losing football games in 2019.

Poll results are public.
Hard for me to say. It obviously wasn't built to win, but I don't think it was built to lose either, I think it's a byproduct of the roster purge. The cleaning house was done to get to ground zero so I don't think the losing is intentional, they're just devoid of talent. By default, to lose...

The team was clearly built to lose. This cannot be a serious question

There's a thread on another website comparing the Dolphins rebuild to flipping a house. These guys/ladies buy these bad houses cheap, tear a bunch of stuff out, that's the first half of the show. They have a vision of what the house could be and they do what needs to be done to get there. Is the team build to win this year? No, that is what has gotten us two decades of mediocrity. We aren't just putting some paint on a wall here, or changing the drapes.
Not having a shot at you but built to win, hell we don't even have a foundation for the house. Cyclone Grier has levelled the place in regards to winning although I'm not complaining about most of his work. Flores ain't doing much with a piece of 4 by 2 and a couple of nails no matter how hard he hammers.

Back
Top Bottom