Dolphins Built to Win or Lose Games? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Built to Win or Lose Games?

Dolphins Built to Win or Lose Games?

• Total voters
I picked lose but honestly starting Ryan Fitzpatrick scares me. I was perfectly ok with boring 3 and outs. I do not need “excitement” or “magic”. I certainly don’t need a guy who should be considering retirement getting this team wins that only makes him feel good on the inside.

You agree that the team is built to lose games, yet you ask if I am obtuse for posing the question.

Please explain.

By "the team" I'm referring to the people on the sidelines on Sunday, not management. They aren't trying to lose. They also had no hand in building the team. I'm sure Flores had some input, but I'm also sure if it was totally up to him, he'd rather keep as much talent as possible.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove by asking the most obvious question in the world. Surely you already knew the answer.

Strategically they have to limit the number of people who have direct knowledge of the tank. The easiest way to do this is Steven Ross and Grier are in tank mode and none of the players have knowledge (and are fighting for their jobs anyway). You have to make sure there is no paper trail in case there is an investigation.

Brian is the question mark -- how much is he in on it / allowed to play against the tank?
Assuming his job is guaranteed next year as reported, I would be shocked if he were not in on it as well, even if simply out of self-preservation...with no pressure to win this year at all, wouldn't he want Tua as well, to ensure his job years from now?

Given that, I do wonder why fitz was named the starter, given that he could very well cost us Tua if allowed to play most of these games. Really we were a couple of turnovers away from winning on the road against a good team yesterday. If it was to preserve Rosen's trade value by not exposing him to more bad performances, that is a truly dumb reason --- what, to maybe get back a 4th instead of a 6th, and the expense of giving up Tua?! That would be truly dumb. Maybe there was NFL pressure because Rosen was playing so badly. But I wouldn't be surprised if later in the season they switched backed to Rosen, with the cover of saying, he has improved enough in practice / they need to properly eval the young qb for the future.....or trade Fitz to any takers for a 7th even, simply to allow the tank to continue in peace.

Last edited:
Feels like fitz is gonna back door us soon.

hurry up and win a damn game bengals. Anyone see how many guys they sat this last game? Tank mode might be in bengals country already.

I did not vote because there is not a valid answer. It was built to remove as many progress blockers as possible and maximize the game reps for young players. A consequence is losing, but that is not a motivation. Ergo, this is an invalid poll.

Back
Top Bottom