Dolphins C Mike Pouncey could miss entire preseason | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins C Mike Pouncey could miss entire preseason

Sorry, I'm no doctor, but how do you go from walking with a cane, to playing in the NFL within 3 months. Not possible...if Gase didn't love him so much, he'd be gone....

He should retire honestly.

I've known people who were sore right after a proceedure and were on crutches or a cane one day and two weeks later were walking normal. Remember Pouncey wasn't just using a cane because he re-injured the hip, it was because he just had a steem cell proceedure. it's not like he was walking with a cane prior. It's like freaking out if we saw a picture of a player using crutches the day after he had debris removed from a knee. That doesn't mean he'll still be on crutches 3 months down the road. I just think it's too early to worry about it. If this was August it would be a different story.

Soon his value will be nothing and the whole thing will be a total loss. Should've got something for him when there was something to get.

A few decades of inconsistent interior line play and they address the problem with a journeyman and a 5th round pick. What could possibly go wrong?

Everyone seems to be panicking about Pouncey. He is the O-line leader and one of the most important players on the team. Before over-reacting and jumping off the cliff, let's see what condition Big Mike's in at Training Camp. Every senior person in the entire organization knows how important Pouncey is to the team, especially Coach Gase. Tannenbaum drafted Mangold and presumably knows him very well. If Mike doesn't feel the need to spend big $ on Mangold or draft a highly touted Center, then he's probably pretty comfortable with Pouncey and the backup players we've got.

Everyone seems to be panicking about Pouncey. He is the O-line leader and one of the most important players on the team. Before over-reacting and jumping off the cliff, let's see what condition Big Mike's in at Training Camp. Every senior person in the entire organization knows how important Pouncey is to the team, especially Coach Gase. Tannenbaum drafted Mangold and presumably knows him very well. If Mike doesn't feel the need to spend big $ on Mangold or draft a highly touted Center, then he's probably pretty comfortable with Pouncey and the backup players we've got.

But that's kind of the problem. Every season they tell us not to jump off a cliff over the questions on the oline and then a few games in and we all realize we should've already jumped off the cliff.

Well the Gase statements that make this a news item came from a while back, and this was already discussed in depth. Conceptually, I am OK with it, because if the guy can come in and play like he did in his limited time last year, we'd all love to have that for 16+ games. But the reality is that this is indicative of a larger more systemic problem. If Pouncey isn't able to be a fully functioning member of our team, he simply isn't worth the salary.

Now, I'm not for ditching him and eating dead cap when we don't have a replacement and still need another guard plus possibly a RT if we don't re-sign James. That's just reshuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic if we go into another offseason needing 3 more OL. But, this is probably the last season for at least one of Bushrod, James and Pouncey. I'd say one or two of them is jettisoned after this year barring a strong and healthy showing this year.

A guy just stepped out of a time machine next to me on the street. He told me to tell you all that Mike Pouncey will miss most of this season. And every other season. He didn't specify whether this was because Pouncey was injured or in prison, but his look said "if you can't tell, it doesn't matter."

Also apparently Jeff Ireland dies from excessive consumption of bull semen and vitamin C. Not passing judgement, I'm just relaying what the guy said.

We already knew this, right? Gase mentioned it a while ago. It's nothing new.

Everything I said about him is playing out 100 percent like it was laid out.

Where are all those people who mocked me and whistled past the graveyard, claiming that "Pouncey would be fine, because front office knows way more than you, etc." and, "You don't even have the right Pouncey brother."

Right.

Enjoy another year of fantastically underwhelming play by a player who can't condition or build his base or core, and can't practice full out, and will stumble out for game time and magically get pushed around -- even worse than the last time he missed most the offseason.

Unicorn Pouncey of five years ago is a myth.

The Pouncey taking up a roster spot with a fat salary and big rep -- the now Pouncey -- cannot be counted on without being a liability. The center of Miami's line is the weakest link. Right where championship teams are strongest.

LD

This is exactly why we're overreacting. Too much of a pattern.

Everything I said about him is playing out 100 percent like it was laid out.

Where are all those people who mocked me and whistled past the graveyard, claiming that "Pouncey would be fine, because front office knows way more than you, etc." and, "You don't even have the right Pouncey brother."

Right.

Enjoy another year of fantastically underwhelming play by a player who can't condition or build his base or core, and can't practice full out, and will stumble out for game time and magically get pushed around -- even worse than the last time he missed most the offseason.

Unicorn Pouncey of five years ago is a myth.

The Pouncey taking up a roster spot with a fat salary and big rep -- the now Pouncey -- cannot be counted on without being a liability. The center of Miami's line is the weakest link. Right where championship teams are strongest.

LD

Let me guess, you're from the future... Jeff "Red Bull" Ireland, lol Walrus.

The one thing you're missing is that Pouncey's using stem cells. If they work, he'll be like new. However, they have to withstand Pouncey's ass. I'm guessing even Lemmiwinks would cringe at that proposition.

Back
Top Bottom